[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

On 5/13/2020 at 3:34 PM, CorneliousJD said:

PS - the /flash mapping to /boot no longer works anymore it seems, the flash folder is empty inside the container.

I just did some maintenance on my backup config yesterday and found this problem.

Here is the error from the detailed report:

flash/        Path cannot be opened for reading

Is it a permissions issue? Can that be resolved?

How are people backing up /boot now?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 7:38 AM, tigerdoc said:

I just did some maintenance on my backup config yesterday and found this problem.

Here is the error from the detailed report:

flash/        Path cannot be opened for reading

Is it a permissions issue? Can that be resolved?

How are people backing up /boot now?

Thanks!

You can use a plugin to create a backup of the flash and then include this backup in CloudBerry Backup.

8 hours ago, Teifun2 said:

Hello

I'm using this container and am happy with the feature set. 

But i noticed today that all my files and folders that contain umlauts are not synced by cloudberry backup.

Did anyone experience this issue?

Did you check the ownership and permissions of those files ?

15 hours ago, Djoss said:

Did you check the ownership and permissions of those files ?

I did. Nothing seems out of the ordenary.

I created a test folder only for this purpose. If i open a console into the docker i can see all files with the same permission. But files with umlauts are not synced. (green synced, red not synced)

chrome_i6rccc3W0t.png

On 3/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, Teifun2 said:

I did. Nothing seems out of the ordenary.

I created a test folder only for this purpose. If i open a console into the docker i can see all files with the same permission. But files with umlauts are not synced. (green synced, red not synced)

chrome_i6rccc3W0t.png

This should now be fixed with the latest image.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I just installed Cloudberry and am backing-up a folder to Wasabi. Setup went smoothly and I was surprised how (relatively) fast the backup went through. 

I have 2 questions:

1. The folder I am backing-up is created by Syncthing. I use Staggered File Versioning on that. CloudBerry also has file versioning. In effect, I am backing up a versioned folder inside another versioning system. Is that going to cause problems on down the road if I need to restore?
  2. In the CloudBerry settings it defaults to "Backup symlinks only". I'm obviously new at this, but how is that different than backing-up an actual file? I just want to make sure I have this setup correctly in the event I ever need to rely on it. 

Thank you in advance. 

On 9/9/2021 at 12:17 PM, tezgno said:

Sure,

As you can see, storage is completely missing even though it is mapped to /mnt/user. If I change it to anything other than /mnt/user, it shows up.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 11.16.10 AM.png

Not sure if others have had this issue but I think I may have stumbled across the cause (or at least a contributing factor as it is in my case). I recently switched my docker from a vdisk to directory based storage. Shortly after I noticed my CloudBerry backup source files mirrored the quoted image. I reverted my docker back to vdisk and everything returned to normal.

I'm far too ignorant to know how to fix this but perhaps some other users may know if there's something that could be done.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:59 PM, NormanB said:

The folder I am backing-up is created by Syncthing. I use Staggered File Versioning on that. CloudBerry also has file versioning. In effect, I am backing up a versioned folder inside another versioning system. Is that going to cause problems on down the road if I need to restore?

I don't see problem with that.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:59 PM, NormanB said:

In the CloudBerry settings it defaults to "Backup symlinks only". I'm obviously new at this, but how is that different than backing-up an actual file? I just want to make sure I have this setup correctly in the event I ever need to rely on it. 

A symlink is a pointer to another file.  CBB backups the pointer itself by default.  I think this is a good option, unless yo have specific needs.  Also, I guess that if you have symlinks in your backup selection, you also have the files they point to included.

I recently tried CBB after some time to backup some files to a remote unraid server using a vpn and mount this server a remote share on mine.

I set a remote share as the backup storage in CBB using "file system" as storage using the /storage/remotes/REMOTESERVER/ path.

I tried some folders with some small files and after a while unraid noticed my that my docker file is growing to ~85% from like 75%.

Is CBB backup up the files to the docker file at first time or did I something set up the wrong way?

Thanks a lot!

On 3/13/2022 at 3:41 AM, Djoss said:

This should now be fixed with the latest image.

This is now working properly! Thank you very much for the fix! (

I only noticed now because i didnt get an update of the thread as i forogt to follow the topic)

Edited by Teifun2
On 4/11/2022 at 5:38 PM, Bob@unraid said:

I recently tried CBB after some time to backup some files to a remote unraid server using a vpn and mount this server a remote share on mine.

I set a remote share as the backup storage in CBB using "file system" as storage using the /storage/remotes/REMOTESERVER/ path.

I tried some folders with some small files and after a while unraid noticed my that my docker file is growing to ~85% from like 75%.

Is CBB backup up the files to the docker file at first time or did I something set up the wrong way?

Thanks a lot!

This doesn't seem normal.  You might want to share you container config so we can better understand what's happening.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 9:33 AM, boris said:

Maybe someone can help me here. I am using Cloudberry for quite some time and everything worked fine. Since a week I have a problem and i can not figure it out.

I am using SFTP Backup to another server. Since a week I am getting following error message for one SFTP account:

Failure establishing ssh session: -5, Unable to exchange encryption keys

Does anyone had the same issue or can maybe help me out?

Hey Boris,  have you been to fix the issue,  I have the same problem..

I have a quick (hopefully) question.  After upgrade to Unraid 6.10.0 I've been unable to connect to my Couldberry container (red cross, server disconnected, error 1006).  The container is up and running and I can connect to the WebUI using a Private browser session but not a normal browser session.  I've tried clearing Cookies and Site settings for the specific site but that doesn't seem to fix anything.  I'm reluctant to clear my entire browser settings just to get this to work again.  I'm guessing this is some sort of client-side issue related to VNC.  Anyone know how to fix?

On 4/19/2022 at 6:20 PM, Bob@unraid said:

For sure. I attached the screenshot of the docker settings. Is there anything else I can / should post?

Thanks

cloudberry.jpg

And how  it's setup inside CBB ?

Also, I guess you had to change /storage to be read/write ?  You are probably better to add a new "Path" that will be used as your backup destination in CBB.

1 hour ago, SirCadian said:

I have a quick (hopefully) question.  After upgrade to Unraid 6.10.0 I've been unable to connect to my Couldberry container (red cross, server disconnected, error 1006).  The container is up and running and I can connect to the WebUI using a Private browser session but not a normal browser session.  I've tried clearing Cookies and Site settings for the specific site but that doesn't seem to fix anything.  I'm reluctant to clear my entire browser settings just to get this to work again.  I'm guessing this is some sort of client-side issue related to VNC.  Anyone know how to fix?

Is it working in a private/incognito window ?

3 hours ago, SirCadian said:

Yes.  I'd like to get it working in standard browser window though...

So it's a browser cache issue.  However, you should be able to clear cookie/data associated to a single site, i.e. the IP address of unRAID.

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

So it's a browser cache issue.  However, you should be able to clear cookie/data associated to a single site, i.e. the IP address of unRAID.

I had done that, I cleared all cookie data associated with the IP:Port.  That didn't fix it.  I would guess that there must be some data not stored under the standard port for VNC that needs clearing.  Bizarrely the issue seems to have fixed itself though.  I tried to log on tonight to investigate further and it just worked...which is great...but I'd liked to have got to the bottom of why it was happening.  Ho hum.

Hi, i have the same issue as you today (i'm using it since 2 month without any issue), it works great in incognito mode for few minutes and then same as the default mode if i refresh for example, i will try to wait like you maybe. Clear didn't help too.

In addition, i tried to update it to the latest version (using the web UI on port 43210) but it seems to fail. 

Issue to delete an icon and to copy the new one.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::process::process_error'
  what():  execve failed: No such file or directory
[cbbLocalManagement] starting...
[ CBB ] [ 1 ] Icon file not exist, path: /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/share/webAccess/img/MainIcon.ico error: No such file or directory
[ CBB ] [ 1 ] Error on copy new icon file: /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/share/images/MainIcon.ico to: /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/share/webAccess/img/MainIcon.ico Permission denied

PS : i have updated Unraid to 6.10 also

Edited by Max85
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, Max85 said:

Hi, i have the same issue as you today (i'm using it since 2 month without any issue), it works great in incognito mode for few minutes and then same as the default mode if i refresh for example, i will try to wait like you maybe. Clear didn't help too.

In addition, i tried to update it to the latest version (using the web UI on port 43210) but it seems to fail. 

Issue to delete an icon and to copy the new one.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::process::process_error'
  what():  execve failed: No such file or directory
[cbbLocalManagement] starting...
[ CBB ] [ 1 ] Icon file not exist, path: /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/share/webAccess/img/MainIcon.ico error: No such file or directory
[ CBB ] [ 1 ] Error on copy new icon file: /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/share/images/MainIcon.ico to: /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/share/webAccess/img/MainIcon.ico Permission denied

PS : i have updated Unraid to 6.10 also

Do you see the "[cbbLocalManagement] starting..." message repeating in loop ?