[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have been running into the issue with my backups where the upload speed will be great for about an hour and drop down to less than 1 Mbps there after. has anyone ran into this issue or know how I might be able to resolve this problem?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Dawson

On 10/22/2022 at 1:26 PM, Dawson said:

Hi everyone,

I have been running into the issue with my backups where the upload speed will be great for about an hour and drop down to less than 1 Mbps there after. has anyone ran into this issue or know how I might be able to resolve this problem?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Dawson

What is your backup destination ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dawson said:

The destination is backblaze B2 bucket 

Could it be related to quotas on your B2 account ?

Does the UI show any progress after a few hours ?  If not, then you are probably facing a known issue with the latest version, where the backup plan gets stuck.  To mitigate this issue, you can configure the backup plan to automatically abort after some time.

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

Could it be related to quotas on your B2 account ?

Does the UI show any progress after a few hours ?  If not, then you are probably facing a known issue with the latest version, where the backup plan gets stuck.  To mitigate this issue, you can configure the backup plan to automatically abort after some time.

The UI does not show any progress, I assume this means that it is the known issue. how can I set it up to mitigate this issue? also is there any plans on the devs to fix this issue if it is a known issue?

Thanks for all the help!

32 minutes ago, Dawson said:

how can I set it up to mitigate this issue?

Edit you backup plan.  At some point you will have the following option:

image.png.d029dbdb66e4b4331d72f95aeff8b467.png

33 minutes ago, Dawson said:

also is there any plans on the devs to fix this issue if it is a known issue?

Yes, I have a support ticket with them.  They are trying to find to root cause.

Also, the issue has been reported on their forum: https://forum.msp360.com/discussion/2644/cannot-complete-a-backup-since-upgrade-to-4-0-0-260

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MP715 said:

If you accidentally minimize cloudberry in the vnc window, is there a way to restore it?  I'm in the middle of a backup and i don't want to restart the container.

How did you do that ? Normally the main application window cannot be minimized.

I've got an issue configuring CloudBerry on Unraid. When I run CloudBerry, the "storage" folder - the main folder to backup is missing from the GUI.

image.png.f650e00ca001ce5f8213ebfcd8763f2d.png

One peculiarity is that I previously ran docker on BTRFS image (about a year ago), and CloudBerry was working fine. I switched to XFS because I was having some other issues with the image, and CloudBerry stopped working - that is, there is nothing to backup.

I tested today and temporarily switched to a new BTRFS docker image, and everything started showing up again! However, I am reluctant to switch to BTRFS permanently unless absolutely necessary to get Cloudberry to work.

Why would it work fine with btrfs but not with xfs image?? Is this permission related issue (I don't change any file permissions, just switch docker image over from my docker.img to docker-xfs.img... If so, how can I fix it?

On 11/27/2022 at 5:27 AM, michaelben said:

I've got an issue configuring CloudBerry on Unraid. When I run CloudBerry, the "storage" folder - the main folder to backup is missing from the GUI.

image.png.f650e00ca001ce5f8213ebfcd8763f2d.png

One peculiarity is that I previously ran docker on BTRFS image (about a year ago), and CloudBerry was working fine. I switched to XFS because I was having some other issues with the image, and CloudBerry stopped working - that is, there is nothing to backup.

I tested today and temporarily switched to a new BTRFS docker image, and everything started showing up again! However, I am reluctant to switch to BTRFS permanently unless absolutely necessary to get Cloudberry to work.

Why would it work fine with btrfs but not with xfs image?? Is this permission related issue (I don't change any file permissions, just switch docker image over from my docker.img to docker-xfs.img... If so, how can I fix it?

CloudBerry Backup was always picky on how it shows the directory tree.  It seems to be based on mounts.

Using different Docker image type changes the mount type used inside the container.  Some mount types don't seem to be recognized by CloudBerry Backup.

14 hours ago, Djoss said:

CloudBerry Backup was always picky on how it shows the directory tree.  It seems to be based on mounts.

Using different Docker image type changes the mount type used inside the container.  Some mount types don't seem to be recognized by CloudBerry Backup.

Is there anything I can do to adjust mounts permissions etc besides changing the docker image type??

I am getting this error:

[supervisor        ] starting service 'cbbLocalManagement'...
[cbbLocalManagement] [ CBB ] [ 1 ] Error on remove old icon file, path: /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/share/webAccess/img/MainIcon.ico error: Permission denied
[supervisor        ] service 'cbbLocalManagement' failed to be started: not ready after 5000 msec, giving up.

Anyone have an idea?

This just started after installing latest update

Edited by hikewv
2 minutes ago, hikewv said:

I am getting this error:

[cbbLocalManagement] [ CBB ] [ 1 ] Error on remove old icon file, path: /opt/local/CloudBerry Backup/share/webAccess/img/MainIcon.ico error: Permission denied
[supervisor        ] service 'cbbLocalManagement' failed to be started: not ready after 5000 msec, giving up.

Anyone have an idea?

Can you try to run the following command to verify if you see the same problem:

docker run --rm jlesage/cloudberry-backup

it was weird i had reverted back to v1.28.0 and it worked, i reinstalled current again,

It start up this time but i do still see the error in the logs

[supervisor        ] starting service 'app'...
[supervisor        ] starting service 'logmonitor'...
[logmonitor        ] Monitoring status file: /tmp/.upgrade_performed
[supervisor        ] all services started.

I did run the command docker run --rm jlesage/cloudberry-backup and it still started back up fine, but the error is still in the logs.  Not sure it is an issue anymore since it did start up.

1 minute ago, hikewv said:

it was weird i had reverted back to v1.28.0 and it worked, i reinstalled current again,

It start up this time but i do still see the error in the logs

[supervisor        ] starting service 'app'...
[supervisor        ] starting service 'logmonitor'...
[logmonitor        ] Monitoring status file: /tmp/.upgrade_performed
[supervisor        ] all services started.

I did run the command docker run --rm jlesage/cloudberry-backup and it still started back up fine, but the error is still in the logs.  Not sure it is an issue anymore since it did start up.

The following message is "normal" and does not indicate a problem:

It's this one that is problematic:

Did you see the error once and reverted to the previous version?

Only when i could not get it to start up. I stopped docker and restarted, etc.  It would just not start up.  I guess i could have rebooted the server, I'm guessing loading a previous version did the same thing.  Not sure.  At least it seems to be working now on the latest version :)