[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

No, my backups in S3 are definitely not above 5.5TB, but Cloudberry reports that I'm exceeding the limit.

This was an issue I experienced last year, and saw in this thread that it was fixed in an update, and when I updated to the new container it seemed fixed. I saw that a consistency check was performed (I can't find where to initiate this manually) and a full backup (followed by 2 incrementals of around 5.5GB the following weeks) was made halfway through January 2023.

But now again the same issue has returned.

I believe it's related to this comment:

I'm not really sure why this is happening, my last full backup was 430GB, and I have 3 others of 381GB, 327GB, and 230GB in S3.

So the 5.5TB is certainly not exceeded, but this issue has made my backup routine really unpredictable.

I believe I have everything setup properly, so not sure why its behaving like this.

Does this make more sense?

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @Djoss,

I raised a bug* with CloudBerry and they've fixed it.

They advised:

the fix is expected to be included in 4.1 update, which is scheduled for March.

Now I notice on your gitlab the cloudberry image you use is:

- Updated CloudBerry Backup to version 4.0.1.310.

So just to confirm, when they release the fix in 4.1, you'll update the docker image (at some point) to use that?

Thanks for all your work on this! 

* The bug is relating to how they backup to B2, and CloudBerry were not following the correct proceedure when receiving a 503 or 500 message from B2.

Documentation here: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/b2-503-500-server-error/#:~:text=The second 503 is a,back to the dispatch server.

• 3 weeks later...

When trying to activate my license, I keep getting this error:
"Server internal error."

I've tried Offline Activation and when I go through the process, it just takes me right back to the initial activation popup.

I've tried reaching out to MSP360 support on this, but they have not been helpful.

Thoughts?

image.png

• 1 month later...

Cloudberry is stuck for 8+ hours in "preparing for starting" and never does a backup.  I tried uploading a log to support but that times out as well. I've been going back and forth with support and trying a few things to try to get them logs. I mentioned in passing its a docker container and they immediately dumped me saying thats not supported.  Anyone run into this?

On 5/12/2023 at 10:06 AM, tvd1 said:

Cloudberry is stuck for 8+ hours in "preparing for starting" and never does a backup.  I tried uploading a log to support but that times out as well. I've been going back and forth with support and trying a few things to try to get them logs. I mentioned in passing its a docker container and they immediately dumped me saying thats not supported.  Anyone run into this?

Did you try to only include a test folder as backup source ?  Do you have the same issue with different backup targets ?

Hi guys, I reported the problems I'm having a few posts ago back in mid-February, but I'm still having issues.

I was encountering an error code 1500 reporting that my backups are over 5.5TB, even though they are not.

I seem to have noticed that its not backing up my symlinked directories though, even though Cloudberry claims it supports symlinks. I have a few symlinked directories that get updated regularly via a backup script, the script locally copies files from remote servers and updates the dir symlink to the backup of "latest".

In my server is a single directory called "AWS_Syncs" that I symlink other dirs under (No remote or inaccessible links) so that they can be updated and backed up transparently under a single dir.

I have docker mapped my host /mnt to containers /storage dir, is this correct?

Should I be mapping unraid host /mnt to container /mnt instead?

When I setup my backup, I can browse the symlinked dirs, and select anything I need, which for me is everything.

image.png.6cf39afb8eec10280f4e91da312a9396.png

However, I think Cloudberry is having trouble at the time of backup because when looking at backups I cannot see anything being backed up from these dirs:

image.png.774fbe6ec739b50e9c1a292aacd0fe9b.png

Is there a permissions issue, even though they seem to be accessible?

Maybe there is a set of permissions or access that Cloudberry is looking for?

I've played with the "Backup Symlinks" setting, and have not had any success yet.

image.png.f04761fb954fe6f5bcb6ab5bfaa8b3be.png

Anyone have ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am having trouble with backing up my appdata folder. My other back up routines work fine but anything within the appdata folder seems to either error and not work at all some days, or works with "warnings", and when it does this it is not purging any of the files and so I am ending up with hundreds of copies of them over time and have to manually delete them from cloud storage.

I believe it is probably something to do with permissions and cloudberry backup not having full access to some folders but I have no idea how to change its permissions to fix this error.

Cloudberry backup is already running in privileged mode. I have attached a screenshot of the latest error.

image.thumb.png.ce8af787c943aeea11c4662ca59b89f5.png

On 6/3/2023 at 10:00 AM, Ignitis said:

Hi, I am having trouble with backing up my appdata folder. My other back up routines work fine but anything within the appdata folder seems to either error and not work at all some days, or works with "warnings", and when it does this it is not purging any of the files and so I am ending up with hundreds of copies of them over time and have to manually delete them from cloud storage.

I believe it is probably something to do with permissions and cloudberry backup not having full access to some folders but I have no idea how to change its permissions to fix this error.

Cloudberry backup is already running in privileged mode. I have attached a screenshot of the latest error.

image.thumb.png.ce8af787c943aeea11c4662ca59b89f5.png

What are the ownership and permissions of theses files ?  If the related containers run under a different user as CloudBerry Backup, it is possible that it doesn't have access to the files.

• 1 month later...

Was working fine until couple days ago. Getting an error that says my file system is read only. The storage path is /mnt/user/ so I dont think its denying access. I tried on different shares; I already attempted to run Docker New Permissions, but that didnt help. Docker is up to date, its been scrubbed as well (no errors).

image.png.593fe47fa791a9aef253c33fe5ef21b1.png

image.png.ef1878fb3fccfaa922747c22f2dee4b6.png

On 7/19/2023 at 12:48 PM, Aquenon said:

After rebuilding my server, my CloudBerry Backup is telling me “First argument must be a string, Buffer, ArrayBuffer, Array, or array-like object.” when I try to launch the WebUI.  Is this because it’s a new machine other than the hard drives?

What are you trying to do when you get the error ?  Maybe share a screenshot of the error ?

On 7/19/2023 at 4:28 PM, Vokay said:

Was working fine until couple days ago. Getting an error that says my file system is read only. The storage path is /mnt/user/ so I dont think its denying access. I tried on different shares; I already attempted to run Docker New Permissions, but that didnt help. Docker is up to date, its been scrubbed as well (no errors).

image.png.593fe47fa791a9aef253c33fe5ef21b1.png

image.png.ef1878fb3fccfaa922747c22f2dee4b6.png

What are you trying to do ?  Restore files ?

• 2 weeks later...