[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

Support for CloudBerry Backup docker container

Application Name: CloudBerry Backup
Application Site: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/backup/linux.aspx
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/cloudberry-backup/
Github: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-cloudberry-backup

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.

Edited by Djoss
  • 2 weeks later...

You are right, the Linux version has less features than the Windows counterpart.

I will open a ticket with the CloudBerry support to ask if there is any plan to add support of Google Drive.  I know the Windows version has it.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Djoss said:

No, but just double check that it is mapped to something like /mnt/user/appdata/CloudBerryBackup.

Also, are you using the trial or you have a registration key?

I'm using the Free version although with the demise of Crashplan I may as well go ahead and buy one. Just not sure if I can get away with the Pro or if I need the Ultimate -- their site references storage limits but doesn't say what they are. 

55 minutes ago, Djoss said:

I just saw that the lifecycle policy is supported by CloudBerry Backup.  Just select Edit->Lifecycle Policy to select folders going to Glacier.

Odd that the how-to videos on their website show it as a separate service.

I'll probably go with B2 if I go the CBB route, anyway.

So I've tested CBB (your container, @Djoss) and I can backup from my unRAID box and restore to my Mac (with Mac client) from the same backup set (making sure that the "prefix" is set the same). I'm testing using a free B2 account.

However, I can't restore back to my unRAID box. Ever. In the same location or another location. The restore always fails.

Any ideas?

Fail.jpg

Edited by ksignorini
2 hours ago, Djoss said:

By default, the /storage volume is read-only. This can be changed in container's settings.
You can do a quick test and restore the file in /tmp to see if it's working.

I've tested and it restores nicely to /tmp (inside the container). 

But, how do I make /storage r/w for the container? This would be necessary in the case of a larger, needed restore. (I can't seem to find a setting in the Edit screen of the docker. I'm pretty new to dockers.)

In the container's settings, click on "Show advanced settings ...", near the bottom of the page.  You will see the mapping for the storage.  To be able to edit it, you need to enable the page's Advanced View: At the right-top of the page, click on Basic View.

If you don't want to change the defaults, an other solution is to add a new path mapping that will be R/W.  For example, the container path could be /restore.