[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

Hi,

I've been persisting with this for a while now and I still cannot get a full backup to complete. I've been dealing with Cloudberry support but they seem fairly confused as well. This is my latest response from them. What do you think?

Hello giantkingsquid,

My apologies for the delayed response. 

Looks like a floating error since the test backup was successful.

Due to the fact there is no good error text, it complicates troubleshooting. 
We suppose it is caused by the fact you used fuse.shfs to mount the host directory for storage. Is this how it is organized by default in the container?

Anyway, I have to ask you to re-mount the host dir using a true sshfs (as per this howto):
- sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install sshfs
- sudo echo "sshfs#[email protected]:/mnt/user /storage" >> /etc/fstab

Please make sure to replace the xxx-es with the host IP/name

Even if the issue persists after this, it will most likely provide us a better error text.

If the issue re-occurs after that, please do the following:
- send the latest logs referring to this ticket #84106
- send us these files from both the host and the container: 
1) /var/log/dmesg
2) /var/log/dmesg.0
3) /var/log/syslog
4) /var/log/syslog.1

Thanks in advance.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

The test backup they're referring to was when they asked me to backup one file only that had failed when the full plan was run.

The host directory for storage is a USB3 drive through Unassigned devices, I have it available to this docker with the rw slave option.

Things I've tried so far:

Changed path to external drive from rw to rw slave. This seemed to increase the speed of the backup drastically.

Changed permissions of storage directory to root:root. The Cloudberry processes seem to run as root.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tom

10 hours ago, giantkingsquid said:

Hi,

I've been persisting with this for a while now and I still cannot get a full backup to complete. I've been dealing with Cloudberry support but they seem fairly confused as well. This is my latest response from them. What do you think?

The test backup they're referring to was when they asked me to backup one file only that had failed when the full plan was run.

The host directory for storage is a USB3 drive through Unassigned devices, I have it available to this docker with the rw slave option.

Things I've tried so far:

Changed path to external drive from rw to rw slave. This seemed to increase the speed of the backup drastically.

Changed permissions of storage directory to root:root. The Cloudberry processes seem to run as root.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tom

So from what I understand the original issue is that some files fail to be backup? And no errors in the log files?

On 6/26/2018 at 9:35 PM, Djoss said:

So from what I understand the original issue is that some files fail to be backup? And no errors in the log files?

Yes that's right, and the files that fail to back up seem to vary each time. There are some logs, but not great.

Here are some of them. I believe that the 2nd and 3rd have been solved. The illegal symbol was some OS X metadata that I have since excluded, the permissions issue was fixed by changing the backup destination to root:root. The top one still has them stumped. Are they on the right track with their blaming of the fuse.shfs? Or is it something simple I wonder?

Thanks,

Tom

2018-06-14 18:03:40,919441 [ERROR]: [ CBB ] [ 4 ] Backup error: /storage/appdata/couchpotato/data/cache/python/bb056859be5dab3d6d2620d739c6fea0 
code: 2
2018-06-12 18:56:28,940418 [ERROR]: [ CBB ] [ 4 ] Ignoring file: " /storage/documents/Wedding/Icon
 " file contain illegal symbol!
2018-06-09 05:51:03,762566 [ERROR]: [ CBC ] [ 8 ] Error open destination file data, to append data path: /localbackup/CBB_Apollo/storage/windows_backups/thoma/DIONYSUS/Data/C/Users/thoma/Downloads/signal-desktop-win-1.9.0 (2018_05_10 07_41_41 UTC).exe:/20180510072718/signal-desktop-win-1.9.0 (2018_05_10 07_41_41 UTC).exe message: Permission denied

On 7/1/2018 at 1:18 AM, giantkingsquid said:

Yes that's right, and the files that fail to back up seem to vary each time. There are some logs, but not great.

Here are some of them. I believe that the 2nd and 3rd have been solved. The illegal symbol was some OS X metadata that I have since excluded, the permissions issue was fixed by changing the backup destination to root:root. The top one still has them stumped. Are they on the right track with their blaming of the fuse.shfs? Or is it something simple I wonder?

Thanks,

Tom

2018-06-14 18:03:40,919441 [ERROR]: [ CBB ] [ 4 ] Backup error: /storage/appdata/couchpotato/data/cache/python/bb056859be5dab3d6d2620d739c6fea0 
code: 2

2018-06-12 18:56:28,940418 [ERROR]: [ CBB ] [ 4 ] Ignoring file: " /storage/documents/Wedding/Icon
 " file contain illegal symbol!

2018-06-09 05:51:03,762566 [ERROR]: [ CBC ] [ 8 ] Error open destination file data, to append data path: /localbackup/CBB_Apollo/storage/windows_backups/thoma/DIONYSUS/Data/C/Users/thoma/Downloads/signal-desktop-win-1.9.0 (2018_05_10 07_41_41 UTC).exe:/20180510072718/signal-desktop-win-1.9.0 (2018_05_10 07_41_41 UTC).exe message: Permission denied

The files you want to backup are on your USB drive.  But where the files are backup?  To the cloud or to another local folder?

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping someone can help with this one.

I installed CloudBerryBackup with default settings, adding my email address for CBB's web interface username and using the hash procedure for password.

Within a few seconds of starting the container, it stops.

Attached are the unRAID syslog for the last time that I started it and it stopped and the docker inspect output.

Thanks in advance for help.

syslog.txt

CloudBerry_inspect.txt

9 hours ago, tigerdoc said:

I'm hoping someone can help with this one.

I installed CloudBerryBackup with default settings, adding my email address for CBB's web interface username and using the hash procedure for password.

Within a few seconds of starting the container, it stops.

Attached are the unRAID syslog for the last time that I started it and it stopped and the docker inspect output.

Thanks in advance for help.

syslog.txt

CloudBerry_inspect.txt

What about the container's log?

Also, look at files under /mnt/user/appdata/CloudBerryBackup/logs/ to see if there is anything useful.

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

What about the container's log?

Also, look at files under /mnt/user/appdata/CloudBerryBackup/logs/ to see if there is anything useful.

Ah, forgot to mention that the container log (Appdata/CloudBerryBackup/logs) is empty except a folder called nginx, and that folder is empty. 

Thank you. 

10 minutes ago, tigerdoc said:

Ah, forgot to mention that the container log (Appdata/CloudBerryBackup/logs) is empty except a folder called nginx, and that folder is empty. 

Thank you. 

The container log is not the same thing as appdata/CloudBerryBackup/logs.  You can get it from the Docker page by clicking the icon at the right (under the "Log" column") or by running the command "docker logs CloudBerryBackup".

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

The container log is not the same thing as appdata/CloudBerryBackup/logs.  You can get it from the Docker page by clicking the icon at the right (under the "Log" column") or by running the command "docker logs CloudBerryBackup".

Apologies for that misunderstanding.

Docker log as follows:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-vnc-password.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-vnc-password.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-web-index.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-web-index.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] cloudberrybackup.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] cloudberrybackup.sh: Generating machine-id...
useradd: invalid user name '[EMAILADDRESS]'
[cont-init.d] cloudberrybackup.sh: exited 3.
[services.d] stopping services
[services.d] stopping s6-fdholderd...
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

6 minutes ago, tigerdoc said:

Apologies for that misunderstanding.

Docker log as follows:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-vnc-password.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-vnc-password.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-web-index.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-web-index.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] cloudberrybackup.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] cloudberrybackup.sh: Generating machine-id...
useradd: invalid user name '[EMAILADDRESS]'
[cont-init.d] cloudberrybackup.sh: exited 3.
[services.d] stopping services
[services.d] stopping s6-fdholderd...
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Ok since CloudBerry Backup uses Linux users for authentication, you cannot use an email address as the username.

1 minute ago, Djoss said:

Ok since CloudBerry Backup uses Linux users for authentication, you cannot use an email address as the username.

Would the username then be the "ID" listed on my CloudBerryCentral Settings page (36-character/32-bit hex)?

When I log into cloudberrycentral, I use email address.

8 minutes ago, tigerdoc said:

Would the username then be the "ID" listed on my CloudBerryCentral Settings page (36-character/32-bit hex)?

When I log into cloudberrycentral, I use email address.

No, it's really a username/password that you create to access their local web page.  This web page is just an alternative to the "native" GUI.  So unless you prefer the web interface, you can just use the standard GUI (which doesn't require configuration).

12 minutes ago, Djoss said:

No, it's really a username/password that you create to access their local web page.  This web page is just an alternative to the "native" GUI.  So unless you prefer the web interface, you can just use the standard GUI (which doesn't require configuration).

I think I got it now. I can set whatever username I want in the Docker container setup and then use that in the native GUI.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I just updated to the latest version and am starting a backup and do not see any upload going on. I have attached a console screenshot but I am not sure what logs to attach. I can't seem to find what I consider the true CloudBerry Application log that shows anything that might be relevant in appdata/CoudBerryBackup/Logs.

Any idea what logs to look at or where to start?

I have unraid 6.6.0 running also

CloudBerry.JPG

I went ahead and re-installed the docker. I think it was a sync issue. Just for reference on how I re-installed:

1. Release the license in CloudBerry

2. Remove the docker container

3. Deleted the /mnt/user/appdata/CloudBerryBackup folder

4. Added the docker container

5. Added license for CloudBerry.

6. Added the Backblaze B2 storage. Had to click the advance settings to be able to pick the existing prefix.

7. I let the backup storage sync until complete

8. I added the Backup Plan. Hope you know your encryption settings and key.

I see other differences. I don't know if it is part of the new release or if I just had some real issue to start with. 

I'm having trouble getting my Backblaze B2 bucket selected.  I can enter a Display name, and then paste in the Account ID and Application Key (to avoid typing errors), but then I cannot select a bucket.  Are there limitations on the bucket or display names of some kind? (Other than the Backblaze guidelines limiting you to A-Z, a-z, and -.)

Kevin

Edited by kolepard
Expanded/clarified naming
16 hours ago, kolepard said:

I'm having trouble getting my Backblaze B2 bucket selected.  I can enter a Display name, and then paste in the Account ID and Application Key (to avoid typing errors), but then I cannot select a bucket.  Are there limitations on the bucket or display names of some kind? (Other than the Backblaze guidelines limiting you to A-Z, a-z, and -.)

Kevin

I'm having the same issue. On the VNC version (:7802) no buckets are shown, on the webversion I just get an error without result returned when trying to show buckets.

The logs basically gives success on the certificate check for BackBlaze and then throws the following error message.

2018-10-22 10:48:58,763207 [WARN ]: [ CBC ] [ 4 ] Cloud operation error (InvalidAutorizationAccount):
2018-10-22 10:49:41,947630 [WARN ]: [ CBB ] [ 14 ] Operation return error: err(9):

Finding this super slow atm. But at least its stable for me. Duplicati was just a nightmare for me. I am currently running at about ~150kbps on a gigabit network to a local storage. It could be that the external storage is an external hdd attached to the router and the router is just struggling perhaps. 

Actually considering investing in going pfsense rather than the RT-AC68u i currently have. 

Final question is if/when i buy the licence is the server licence required for the unraid setup or is a personal licence sufficient?

5 hours ago, tazire said:

Final question is if/when i buy the licence is the server licence required for the unraid setup or is a personal licence sufficient?

I guess it's for your personal use?  Then yes the personal license is sufficient, if the 5TB limit is enough for you.

• 2 months later...

Are there any special ports required to be forwarded at the router level? I'm having trouble getting Cloudberry to authenticate both my Backblaze B2 and Amazon Glacier account. I can authenticate using the desktop app on Windows working on the same subnet and Internet connection. (I used the Blackblaze "master application key" when attempting to authenticate.)

I am running unRaid as a ESXi VM. unRaid is able to connect to the internet, I was able to get and install trial key and download apps, etc.

I think the issue may have been a "+" in my master key. I generated a new key with no symbols in it. I can authorize and connect now.

Edited by wcg66
59 minutes ago, wcg66 said:

Are there any special ports required to be forwarded at the router level? I'm having trouble getting Cloudberry to authenticate both my Backblaze B2 and Amazon Glacier account. I can authenticate using the desktop app on Windows working on the same subnet and Internet connection. (I used the Blackblaze "master application key" when attempting to authenticate.)

I am running unRaid as a ESXi VM. unRaid is able to connect to the internet, I was able to get and install trial key and download apps, etc.

No, nothing need to be forwarded. Which errors do you have exactly?