[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

Great container, the interface is very nice, got my Wasabi account linked flawlessly. That being said, encountering a couple issues:

1.) Has anyone tried backing up all system files from / excluding some shares in /mnt and /storage? All the errors I'm getting are permission denied errors, even though the container is assigned /storage as / and it's running at a privileged level. I suppose this isn't necessary and I could get away with just backing up /flash

2.) I can't expand the /mnt folder to selectively backup my /appdata folder. The whole container hangs. I assume this is due to the downloads and media library folders there. Is there anyway to manually specify the path and not have to use the GUI there, or am I just screwed trying to backup anything under /mnt?

Edited by untraceablez
clarity/aesthetics
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 12:55 PM, untraceablez said:

Great container, the interface is very nice, got my Wasabi account linked flawlessly. That being said, encountering a couple issues:

1.) Has anyone tried backing up all system files from / excluding some shares in /mnt and /storage? All the errors I'm getting are permission denied errors, even though the container is assigned /storage as / and it's running at a privileged level. I suppose this isn't necessary and I could get away with just backing up /flash

2.) I can't expand the /mnt folder to selectively backup my /appdata folder. The whole container hangs. I assume this is due to the downloads and media library folders there. Is there anyway to manually specify the path and not have to use the GUI there, or am I just screwed trying to backup anything under /mnt?

I'm not sure to understand how you mapped folders from the host to the container.  Can you share your container settings ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you update?

Currently my Cloudberry Backup version is 3.1.3.17, and 3.2.0.114 is available.

When I check for updates in Unraid, it says it’s up-to-date.

I have tried updating from within Cloudberry and it downloads the file but then hangs when trying to install.

Any advice?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I just installed this docker with the default settings. For some reason, the /storage does not show up under the GUI for me to select. I know that it is mounted because when I go to create a backup target and choose filesystem, I can clearly see that /storage is there and points to /mnt/user. However, it doesn't show in the GUI. If I change it from /mnt/user to, say, /mnt, it does show up, but user is missing (it shows cache and disk, etc, but not user). Anyone else experiencing that?

7 hours ago, tezgno said:

I just installed this docker with the default settings. For some reason, the /storage does not show up under the GUI for me to select. I know that it is mounted because when I go to create a backup target and choose filesystem, I can clearly see that /storage is there and points to /mnt/user. However, it doesn't show in the GUI. If I change it from /mnt/user to, say, /mnt, it does show up, but user is missing (it shows cache and disk, etc, but not user). Anyone else experiencing that?

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, tezgno said:

No, I was not able to get it resolved. I decided to use Duplicacy. It's cheaper, doesn't have the same limitations, and thus far, has worked (even did a restore with it and it worked fine).

I'm not sure what happened, it was working before and i had good experience with Cloudbeery to the point I did bought a personal license for it... but suddenly the mounted disks vanished from source of backup UI.

I kind of solved it by mounting my unassigned backup drive to the docker container under /drive this was picked up ok... then I added another path /mnt/user and in container under /drive/user this also worked... so it does look a bit stupid inside container, but it works at least... I might have a second look at duplicacy.... :)

6 hours ago, VladoPortos said:

I'm not sure what happened, it was working before and i had good experience with Cloudbeery to the point I did bought a personal license for it... but suddenly the mounted disks vanished from source of backup UI.

I kind of solved it by mounting my unassigned backup drive to the docker container under /drive this was picked up ok... then I added another path /mnt/user and in container under /drive/user this also worked... so it does look a bit stupid inside container, but it works at least... I might have a second look at duplicacy.... :)

I did give something similar a try to and it was not able to work the minute I select /mnt/user. I suspect that it may have been permissions related, but I'm not sure there either.

Duplicacy thus far has worked really well. I used to use Duplicati, but the failure rate of it was too much to bare. Thus far, Duplicacy has worked really well. I do find that it produces slightly larger backups, but I feel that much of that can be controlled with higher compression settings if it became an issue.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

While running a backup My docker.img becomes 80% up to 99% full. It is 40GB. I did not change any of the default settings. Does anyone have any thoughts on why it is filling up. As soon as I stop the backup it clears up. Not sure what is causing this. Any help is appreciated. 

17 minutes ago, DragDom said:

While running a backup My docker.img becomes 80% up to 99% full. It is 40GB. I did not change any of the default settings. Does anyone have any thoughts on why it is filling up. As soon as I stop the backup it clears up. Not sure what is causing this. Any help is appreciated. 

Did you check out the video linked in the listing for this on the Apps page? I mentioned it in your other thread, here it is:

24 minutes ago, DragDom said:

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

in your other thread

Here is a link to that other (now locked) thread, since the user already supplied more information there than they did in this new post in the support thread:

I'm not aware of an issue where the container would write outside /config...  When you see the docker image is filling up, you can check where the container is writing stuff.

First, login to the container:

docker exec -ti CloudBerryBackup sh

And run the following commands:

add-pkg coreutils
du -h -d1 --exclude /storage --exclude /proc --exclude /sys /

54 minutes ago, trurl said:

Did you check out the video linked in the listing for this on the Apps page? I mentioned it in your other thread, here it is:

This is the video that I followed. He never mentions anything about the docker.img. Just the access to the shares and that is it. 

38 minutes ago, Djoss said:

I'm not aware of an issue where the container would write outside /config...  When you see the docker image is filling up, you can check where the container is writing stuff.

First, login to the container:

docker exec -ti CloudBerryBackup sh

And run the following commands:

add-pkg coreutils
du -h -d1 --exclude /storage --exclude /proc --exclude /sys /

Here is what I get after running the commands. 33G is in the directory /

/tmp # add-pkg coreutils
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.9/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.9/community/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
(1/3) Installing libattr (2.4.47-r7)
(2/3) Installing libacl (2.2.52-r5)
(3/3) Installing coreutils (8.30-r0)
Executing busybox-1.29.3-r10.trigger
Executing glibc-ldconfig-trigger-1.0-r0.trigger
OK: 75 MiB in 123 packages
/tmp # du -h -d1 --exclude /storage --exclude /proc --exclude /sys /
6.4M    /bin
0       /dev
2.5M    /etc
0       /home
5.7M    /lib
0       /media
0       /mnt
139M    /opt
4.0K    /root
292K    /run
592K    /sbin
0       /srv
33G     /tmp
80M     /usr
36K     /var
4.0K    /lib64
84K     /libexec
36K     /defaults
68M     /config
33G     /
/tmp # 

3 hours ago, DragDom said:

To me it looks like the backup is writing data in /tmp I am assume it is a log of what the backup is doing. 
C1951480-F8FC-4F9A-AA74-351E4578B30A.thumb.jpeg.7628861fd65afdb8d5cdafc61a36620b.jpeg

Also When I stop running the backup plan the /tmp size shrinks to nothing. I can not seem to figure out how to stop this from happening. 

I also have another weird issue where I map another path from the host to the docker and rather than showing up where it's supposed to, it shows up separated? in the list (subdirectories listed rather than located at mapped location in docker). However, when doing backups from these paths, they show the right path... very weird.

(In this case, I'm backing up some disk images so I've mapped in my /mnt/disks/ path so I can pick some stuff there. These are non-array disks.)

image.thumb.png.e83a1cee5c24bf3026ff67ad57f99205.png

image.png.62ef5006ad7023f2c90403c9c60cb84b.png

They should be mapped into /storage_disks but end up being listed separated (vm, vmfast, vmfast2, vmfast3).

image.png.e71a39eb3ed177253dab7b9ab3502305.png

But when backing up, show correctly:

image.png.a4cca85bd945aab5f41d01578bb0c062.png