Jump to content
Djoss

[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

164 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Djoss said:

No, nothing need to be forwarded. Which errors do you have exactly?

I think the problem was a) the "+" in the key name or b) I was using an application and not a master key like I thought. I generated a new key on BackBlaze and that connected.

 

However, I'm trying to backup a single file now and it seems to be hung when I press "Done" on the plan config. There's a small window with "Exec edit plan command" open.

 

Note: I'm not sure if this is the issue others are dealing with. If you use an application key you need to use the key ID as the "account" ID not your normal Backblaze account ID. I haven't tried this, however.

Edited by wcg66

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, wcg66 said:

However, I'm trying to backup a single file now and it seems to be hung when I press "Done" on the plan config. There's a small window with "Exec edit plan command" open.

So were you able to run the plan?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Djoss said:

So were you able to run the plan?

No, it just hangs. I also noticed one of the CPU cores was pegged at 100% after doing this and stops when you stop the Cloudberry container. I did a test with rclone and I was able connect to Backblaze and upload files.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, wcg66 said:

No, it just hangs. I also noticed one of the CPU cores was pegged at 100% after doing this and stops when you stop the Cloudberry container. I did a test with rclone and I was able connect to Backblaze and upload files.

Check logs/log_LocalDaemon.log in the appdata folder to see if there is anything obvious.  Else, I would suggest to open a ticket with the CloudBerry support team.  I backup to Backblaze without issue.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Djoss said:

Check logs/log_LocalDaemon.log in the appdata folder to see if there is anything obvious.  Else, I would suggest to open a ticket with the CloudBerry support team.  I backup to Backblaze without issue.

It's strange but there's nothing in the logs to indicate an issue. The application hangs when finishing the backup plan setup (pressing the done button on the dialog.)

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, wcg66 said:

It's strange but there's nothing in the logs to indicate an issue. The application hangs when finishing the backup plan setup (pressing the done button on the dialog.)

When it hangs, are you able to run the plan after you restart the container?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Djoss said:

When it hangs, are you able to run the plan after you restart the container?

No, unfortunately it doesn't save these settings. I get the same result after restarting the container.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, wcg66 said:

No, unfortunately it doesn't save these settings. I get the same result after restarting the container.

Does it hang only with Backblaze as backup storage?

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Djoss said:

Does it hang only with Backblaze as backup storage?

Haven't tried anything else yet. I set up an Amazon Glacier account, I'll try that.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys, I'm figuring out a backup solution for my server. I am pretty sure I will go with cloudberry, seems like it supports versioning which will protect against a crypto correct?

 

My goal is to backup to another unraid server in a different geographical location. What would you say is best practice for doing this? How could I easily back up to a remote unraid server as a target? I was thinking of doing the initial backup on the local LAN then the move the 2nd unraid target server to the remote location for continued backups... 

 

Also, since cloudberry encrypts prior to sending the files, does that mean that I don't need to encrypt the hard drives of the target unraid backup server (I want this as secured as possible but if there's no need to encrypt the remote unraid backup server because cloudberry will encrypt the files anyway, than that's great).

 

Lastly, this will definitely be over 5tb, am I correct in understanding that I would need to purchase a linux server license for $80?

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, maxse said:

Hey guys, I'm figuring out a backup solution for my server. I am pretty sure I will go with cloudberry, seems like it supports versioning which will protect against a crypto correct?

Correct.

13 hours ago, maxse said:

My goal is to backup to another unraid server in a different geographical location. What would you say is best practice for doing this? How could I easily back up to a remote unraid server as a target? I was thinking of doing the initial backup on the local LAN then the move the 2nd unraid target server to the remote location for continued backups... 

Currently, CloudBerry backup supports backup destinations in the cloud, with the exception of a "File System" destination, that allows you to backup to a local folder.  Normally, you could use a folder mapped to a network share on your local network.  But since you want to backup over the Internet, I guess you need a VPN or service that would offer a similar functionality.

Note that SFTP as a backup destination is in the "coming soon" features.  This would greatly simplify the backup to a remote server. 

13 hours ago, maxse said:

Also, since cloudberry encrypts prior to sending the files, does that mean that I don't need to encrypt the hard drives of the target unraid backup server (I want this as secured as possible but if there's no need to encrypt the remote unraid backup server because cloudberry will encrypt the files anyway, than that's great).

Correct, data is already encrypted when stored.

13 hours ago, maxse said:

Lastly, this will definitely be over 5tb, am I correct in understanding that I would need to purchase a linux server license for $80?

Yes, that's also my understanding.

Share this post


Link to post

This statement in the release notes:

 

"No need to use the master key now."

 

Has me hopeful my issue will be resolved with this update. 🙂

 

Thanks for making this available Djoss.

 

Kevin

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now