[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, domingothegamer said:

Hello! I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the current version of the docker. I'm having time zone issues using MinIO which in my case is hosted on Truenas core s3 service feature. It sees the SSL and accepts connection, but gives a time zone issue. Searched earlier in this topic and seems to be something that has to be fixed on the build's end. Thanks for your time!

image.png.82695e6290bfe0273887bb9bb87f0303.png

You could verify if the time inside the container is correct:

docker exec CloudBerryBackup date

 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Djoss said:

You could verify if the time inside the container is correct:


docker exec CloudBerryBackup date

 

Checked it out and yeah seems accurate to me. Hmm. It's not like cloudberry doesn't work at all, works fine on Backblaze and Wasabi among other things i've tried; though a bit of a noob on using my own solution through MinIO.
Edit1:
You know it might be truenas server system time inconsistency. Tested with duplicati and got a similar error. I'll see what's going on.

Edit2:
Fixed my problem, didn't configure Truenas enough on proper timezones and NTP servers out of the box. My end. Thanks!

Edited by domingothegamer
update
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone actually managed to get Cloudberry to restore files from Backblaze? Whenever I run the "restore" function - it never actually does any restoring. It identifies that there are files to restore, but fails saying "error on process some files" - but doesn't restore a single file.

 

Having been using the docker for several months - it's a bit of an annoyance that now I need to use it for it's intended purpose, it doesn't work...

 

image.thumb.png.bc490403de95a5babb5efb97885138ae.pngNate

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, NREES87 said:

Has anyone actually managed to get Cloudberry to restore files from Backblaze? Whenever I run the "restore" function - it never actually does any restoring. It identifies that there are files to restore, but fails saying "error on process some files" - but doesn't restore a single file.

 

Having been using the docker for several months - it's a bit of an annoyance that now I need to use it for it's intended purpose, it doesn't work...

 

image.thumb.png.bc490403de95a5babb5efb97885138ae.pngNate

Where are you restoring the files ? If you are restoring at their original location, you first need to make /storage read/write (it is read only by default).  You can change this in the container's settings (don't forget to toggle to the Advanced View).

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 12/26/2020 at 6:23 PM, ezzys said:

Has anyone managed to set up this docker behind a reverse proxy?

 

I tried to do this but all I get is a "Cloudberry logo and red cross" with server disconnected (code 1006). I can access the docker fine using the local ip address.

 

Thanks

Did you enable WebSocket support on your reverse proxy ?

Link to comment
15 hours ago, ezzys said:

Yes I have enabled WebSocket

Try to access in a private/incognito window.  If you still have the issue, look at the browser's console (in developper tools) for any errors.  You  may also want to share your reverse proxy configuration. 

Link to comment
On 12/29/2020 at 2:01 PM, Djoss said:

Try to access in a private/incognito window.  If you still have the issue, look at the browser's console (in developper tools) for any errors.  You  may also want to share your reverse proxy configuration. 

I have been playing around with the settings and I have manged to get it to work.

 

Previously I was using HTTP and port 7802. However I have just changed it to HTTPS and port 43211 and it comes up with a login screen.

 

When I entered the login details I set in the docker template the reverse proxy worked. Although the GUI looks different!

Link to comment
8 hours ago, ezzys said:

I have been playing around with the settings and I have manged to get it to work.

 

Previously I was using HTTP and port 7802. However I have just changed it to HTTPS and port 43211 and it comes up with a login screen.

 

When I entered the login details I set in the docker template the reverse proxy worked. Although the GUI looks different!

In addition to the "normal" UI, CloudBerry Backup also provide a web interface.  This is what you get over port 43211.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

I'm having absolutely abysmal speeds using cloudberry to pull from B2. Tried a download of files from the backblaze website myself and it goes full line speed of my internet.

 

YsgTRZ1.png 2kb/s

 

Anyone have any idea why this would be happening? Lost my plex folder but it will be a long long time restoring at this pace heh.

Link to comment
On 2/17/2021 at 9:37 PM, anethema said:

I'm having absolutely abysmal speeds using cloudberry to pull from B2. Tried a download of files from the backblaze website myself and it goes full line speed of my internet.

 

YsgTRZ1.png 2kb/s

 

Anyone have any idea why this would be happening? Lost my plex folder but it will be a long long time restoring at this pace heh.

Plex contains a huge number of small files.  Maybe this is why it could be longer than downloading a single big file?

Link to comment

Hello everyone,

 

I bought cloudberry recently and a view days ago the backup is starting to fail.

 

I did not change anything with the docker or on the remote site. I am backup up to an old Synology NAS at my mom's house through sftp.

 

Is there anything I can try to solve the problem?

 

Thanks a lot 

 

cloudberry_fail.PNG

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Bob@unraid said:

Hello everyone,

 

I bought cloudberry recently and a view days ago the backup is starting to fail.

 

I did not change anything with the docker or on the remote site. I am backup up to an old Synology NAS at my mom's house through sftp.

 

Is there anything I can try to solve the problem?

 

Thanks a lot 

 

cloudberry_fail.PNG

Do you have more details about the failure if you go under History->By Files ?

If not, you could have a look at the following log files: /mnt/users/appdata/CloudBerryBackup/logs/log_worker_*

Finally, is the failure occur every time the backup runs ?

Link to comment
On 2/19/2021 at 6:46 AM, Djoss said:

Plex contains a huge number of small files.  Maybe this is why it could be longer than downloading a single big file?

Maybe but it is taking like 5mins to download a 100kb .png file. 

 

It really seems to be just going very slow.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't get a restore to work either. 

Originally created a big container using encryption and backed up a lot to it. Using the "browse fiies" option on the Backblaze site shows what looks iike the correct files, tho couldn't download them because of encryption.

To eliminate encryption as a variable, I created another container for pictures with no encryption. Backup completed and I could browse the files on the Backblaze site and download and view individual pictures in my browser.

 

Below are permissions.

But still can't get a restore to work. Created  a new folder to restore to. image.png.916a3a14a50e5d01df17ff95aaa921b7.png

 

As per a previous post, checked the time and it was correct.  

Each time I try to restore a picture folder, it fails with the following error

image.png.12d22669f585af195e50555c4364974a.png

 

I asked it for a detailed email report and it sends this which is not helpful

image.png.1e378be452d6cefeecf5450989a3f2b1.png

Help?

Link to comment

I'm actually trying another route now. I have my B2 bucket mounted as a folder in unraid using rclone. I can copy files out of the FUSE folder at full line speed of my network, so it is def not backblaze being slow.

 

The folder structure is just synchronizing now in cloudberry so we will see how a restore works with that.

Link to comment

I'm not holding out hope for it to be much faster, as just the repository sync is on track to take two full days. I will see about the restore once the sync is done, but it really does seem like something is broken with cloudberry itself. Maybe some setting or something, but it DOES transfer for me, just horribly slowly, and I've now verified on the unraid machine itself that it works very quickly in unraid itself.

Link to comment
On 3/15/2021 at 4:31 PM, MikeGNola said:

I can't get a restore to work either. 

Originally created a big container using encryption and backed up a lot to it. Using the "browse fiies" option on the Backblaze site shows what looks iike the correct files, tho couldn't download them because of encryption.

To eliminate encryption as a variable, I created another container for pictures with no encryption. Backup completed and I could browse the files on the Backblaze site and download and view individual pictures in my browser.

 

Below are permissions.

But still can't get a restore to work. Created  a new folder to restore to. image.png.916a3a14a50e5d01df17ff95aaa921b7.png

 

As per a previous post, checked the time and it was correct.  

Each time I try to restore a picture folder, it fails with the following error

image.png.12d22669f585af195e50555c4364974a.png

 

I asked it for a detailed email report and it sends this which is not helpful

image.png.1e378be452d6cefeecf5450989a3f2b1.png

Help?

What is the location where you are restoring the files?

Link to comment

Well just reporting back that mounting as rclone works MUCH better. Restores at full speed. The checking files and anything folder related is pretty slow, but the transfer itself is fast. So it seems like its a problem with cloudberry itself, in their B2 implementation.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, MikeGNola said:

Sorry. Just found this. Created a separate share to eliminate variables. This is it, along with permissions. Not a linux wiz, so may be something simple.

Thanks.

  image.thumb.png.8d6f1e8bb90ce40e59d7723cb1315e18.png  

image.png

image.png

And when you added this path to the container's setting, did you set it as read/write ?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.