Compatibility issue AOC-SAS2LP-MV8

Hey All

I've got a HP proliant ml310e gen8 - Xeon E3-1240v3 CPU - 32GB ECC ram.

I wanted to expand on it, as it only holds 4 disk, so I bought an Inter-tech 4U 4424 storage case for 24 HD's.

I then took all the hardware from the proliant, and build it into the 4U 4424, no problem.

I bought a Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 for additional disks and pluged it in, and THEN my problem starts.

When ever I try to do ANYHTING with the disks connected to the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 my unraid freezes and the log show all kind og disk errors and I/O errors.

I then tried installing the AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 in another computer, but connected to the backplane of the Inter-tech case, and then there is no problems.

SO, is there anything I can to to solve this problem ?

The AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 is flashed with newest firmware from supermicro, but just wont work at all in my proliant server

INT13 is also disabled.

Anyone, PLEASE help.

11 hours ago, Kaltar said:

I bought a Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 for additional disks and pluged it in, and THEN my problem starts.

This card should be recognized by unRAID, but with recent versions of unRAID, the card has a "fixed sector" a parity error. Its unfortunately because in all other respects the card sees to run fine and is readily available. 

I have a card with the same Marvell chipset and I am replacing it with an LSI based card so that I can run with clean parity.

In short, return the card and switch to an LSI based one.

If you're looking for a replacement card, this one just arrived for me and seems to work great: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/291641245650 (Genuine LSI 9211-8i Pre-Flashed for IT mode). You can save a few bucks by ordering a Dell H310 card and flashing it yourself, but I was in no mood to fidget with the hardware anymore.

Edited by coolspot