i.o error upgrading to 6.3.3

tzotz

Hi,

Running 6.3.2, checked for updates in the Plugins screen, the screen showed to update to 6.3.3.  Clicked on the "Update" button and received "failed (File i/o error)" (see attached).  Tried a couple of more times - same response.  Downloaded the file from the URL on the update screen and it's identical to the one I downloaded from LimeTech site.

I can of course copy the files to the flash and boot again but I was wondering what am I doing wrong.

Best regards,

tzotz

failed update.jpg

Hi Bonienl,

It doesn't seem to be either.  I manually copied the zip file onto the flash without any error as you can see from the attached screen shot.

As to what Squid suggested (above) my memory is 1GB which could be on the small side and I will expand it to 3GB soon.  The array is now off line I'll run the diagnostics as soon as I get it on line again.

Best to you all and thank you for helping.

tzotz

flash+zip-.jpg

As I recall (and understood at the time), when you do the upgrade directly over the internet, the file is download into RAM where it is unzipped and the updated files written over to the Flash Drive after the old files are copied to the previous folder.  So you do need enough RAM to temporarily store those files while all of this takes place.  3GB of RAM should have enough space to do all of this unless you have a lot of Dockers installed.  If you haven't already purchased your new RAM, I would suggest you consider buying 4GB instead of two.  Give yourself a bit of cushion for the future. 

Archived