Unraid 6.3.3 - Errors during parity disk replacement

johnnya1306

Hi,

Started parity rebuild with freshly precleared, new WD 4Tb RED last night.  Woke up to what looked like an array disk showing I/O errors and parity build slowed to a crawl (xx.x Kb/sec).  Syslog zip attached, sent here by "Fix Common Problems".  I know my disks are old but they all passed preclear (I'm upgrading from WHS v1).  Still have last good parity disk which was being replaced but system won't recognize as such.  Restarted parity rebuild after stopping to investigate.  What do I need to do to get to next stable point?

Thanks in advance for any help,

John

tower-diagnostics-20170513-0613.zip

When I first stopped the rebuild, before doing anything, I put the original parity disk back.

It wasn't recognized as the original (valid) parity disk.

How do I use the original parity disk to restore the array?

Won't it just effectively "uninstall" Krusader?

4 minutes ago, johnnya1306 said:

Won't it just effectively "uninstall" Krusader?

No, krusader will remain installed and because of it and any other changes old parity is no longer valid, disk13 looks really bad so you can still try a rebuild using the old parity and then replace all files you can copy from the old disk.

To do it you need to do a new config (select retain all disks) with the old parity and current disk13, check the box "parity is already valid" before starting the array, start array, stop array, power down, replace disk13, power back up, assign new disk, start array to begin rebuild.

Archived