System Locks Up on Boot Up

Glad you recovered most of it.

I agree that btrfs is not as robust as xfs, specially if there are any hardware issues, and frequent backups are very important, but it also has a much easier way of doing incremental backups with snapshots together with send/receive, I backup my VMs daily, and the snapshot itself is instantaneous, if interested on more info see here:

13 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Tom mentioned earlier that he's working on a VM snapshot/backup GUI utility, don't know if it's going to make it for v6.4 though:

Probably won't make into 6.4 but I use a procedure very similar to your "Method 2".  FWIW we use btrfs exclusively for all VM vdisks and all development.  Haven't had any issues whatsoever.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:10 PM, limetech said:

Probably won't make into 6.4 but I use a procedure very similar to your "Method 2".  FWIW we use btrfs exclusively for all VM vdisks and all development.  Haven't had any issues whatsoever.

I will likely go back to it, just wish I knew what caused this corruption in the first place.  Loosing a week to rebuild is a bummer.