(SOLVED) VM VNC Keyboard - default setting

Settings>>VM Manager

Would like to suggest a default setting drop down for the VNC Keyboard of VMs. Right now when you create a VM with VNC selected it auto defaults to "English-United States (en-us)". As my keyboard is "Japanese (ja)", this repeatedly changing of this setting gets annouying to say the least. Obviously not a critical issue, but would be helpful for those of us who make new VMs regularly and are not useing English keyboards.

If this is already implimented somewhere or someone knows how to do this, please let me know! Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip.... 

Can I +1 for LT actually rolling out a fix..  It just seems silly to default to en_US regardless of what the user has. If there isnt a setting (not in front of machine now) that stores default there should be and that should be used for VMs

On 2017-5-15 at 8:06 AM, bonienl said:

You can change the custom template to have a default setting for japanese keyboard.

Run this command:

sed -ri "s/('keymap' => ')en-us/\1ja/" /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/templates/Custom.form.php

Would I just replace ja with en-gb for a British keyboard?  The ) and /\ makes me wanna check!

• ryoko227 changed the title to (SOLVED) VM VNC Keyboard - default setting
On 2017/5/15 at 4:06 PM, bonienl said:

You can change the custom template to have a default setting for japanese keyboard.

Run this command:

sed -ri "s/('keymap' => ')en-us/\1ja/" /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/templates/Custom.form.php

Sorry for taking so long to get back to your post on this, but thank you bonienl! Worked like a charm, +1 for all you do here for everyone!!!

• 1 year later...