Unleash unraid write performance over single disk speed ?

Hi experts.

Is there a possibility to have greather write speeds to unraid as single drive writing speed?

I mean using cache drive the maximum write speed to undraid is the cache drive speed limit. Aftwerards when cache get's filled it's even worse.

What I mean by now is a kind of setup, where raid cards (not flashed) are used for example in the following configuration

1st raid card - 2 VD (VD1 and VD2) out of 8 drives 4x3 TB (stripping) + 4x3TB (stripping)

2nd raid card - 2 VD (VD3 and VD4) out of 8 drives 4x3 TB (stripping) + 4x2TB (stripping)

3rd raid card - 2 VD (VD5 and VD6) out of 8 drives 4x2TB (stripping) + 4x2TB (stripping)

afterwards use VD1 as cache drive VD2 as parity drive

VD3-VD6 as data drives.

IS it possible?

33 minutes ago, BRiT said:

Look into Turbo-Writes.

Hi BRiT

As I understand turbo wrtite is still limited by single slowest drive in the system becouse that's where the write speed limit kicks-in.

Let's make this question simplier:

What to do to have parity check More than 100 MB/s ?

How to use combined architecture -> hardware raid cards with vd's and the vd's as drives for unraid?

Edited by art-informa.pl

Use hard drives developed sometime in the past 4 years? 

I've had Parity Check speeds more than 100 MB/s for nearly 3 years now ever since upgrading from 2TB drives to 4TB drives.

Here's my parity check speeds at first using 5 HGST 4TB 7200RPM drives and then with a mix of 3 Seagate 8TG Archive drives with the 5 HGST 4TB 7200rpm. notice the average speed is above 100 MB/s even when adding slow archival drives.

2017-05-01, 21:32:46   18 hr, 32 min, 45 sec  119.8 MB/s  OK  
2017-04-26, 12:35:31   18 hr, 31 min, 55 sec  119.9 MB/s OK  

2017-04-01, 11:43:17  8 hr, 43 min, 16 sec 127.4 MB/s OK