[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

Hi,
I'm trying to limit the memory available to the container using --memory=4G but this results in an error: set_mempolicy: Operation not permitted and the conversion process ends prematurely.

If I try in privileged mode it resolves the error but the conversion still ends prematurely.

If i remove --memory=4G then both the error is resolved and the conversion process runs properly.

Any idea what is going on?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Djoss said:

Forgot to reply here, but nightly builds are working again.

So I tried the nightly build and I'm getting approximately 50% slower encodes on the nightly build compared to the latest build.  Are nightly builds of handbrake inherently slower or do you think theres an issue on my side?

I timed it and by a set amount of time latest was at 10.2% complete, and on the exact same file, exact same encoding settings, nightly was at 5.5% complete.  Still waiting for nightly to finish its run so I can collect the activity logs.

Using v1.6.1 and while auto processing of watch queues is working to encode files, it's no longer removing them from the watch directory on successful completion. Anyone else seeing this? It's worked great for years, but this is gumming up my process now and have to delete files manually (my script won't populate a new one until it's empty). AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_KEEP_SOURCE is still set to 0.

I've also noticed as new items are added manually to the watch folder they are not getting processed. I have to restart the container to get it to start converting. Nothing in the logs showing any issues. Auto conversion process is pretty much dead at this point.

Edited by snowboardjoe
On 5/31/2023 at 8:09 AM, snowboardjoe said:

Using v1.6.1 and while auto processing of watch queues is working to encode files, it's no longer removing them from the watch directory on successful completion. Anyone else seeing this? It's worked great for years, but this is gumming up my process now and have to delete files manually (my script won't populate a new one until it's empty). AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_KEEP_SOURCE is still set to 0.

I've also noticed as new items are added manually to the watch folder they are not getting processed. I have to restart the container to get it to start converting. Nothing in the logs showing any issues. Auto conversion process is pretty much dead at this point.

This was resolved by rebooting the UNRAID host. Unknown on root cause of this. HB now completes the post processing steps after successfully auto encoding a file. The workaround (until I rebooted) was to manually clear the watch folder, stage a few file and then restart HB to have it start encoding again. Guessing this is an UNRAID OS  (v6.11.5) or Docker bug.

On 4/4/2023 at 3:41 AM, supawiz6991 said:

Hi,
I'm trying to limit the memory available to the container using --memory=4G but this results in an error: set_mempolicy: Operation not permitted and the conversion process ends prematurely.

If I try in privileged mode it resolves the error but the conversion still ends prematurely.

If i remove --memory=4G then both the error is resolved and the conversion process runs properly.

Any idea what is going on?

Still looking for a resolution to this.

23 hours ago, Gunny said:

Do you have multiple NUMA nodes?

I had to look up what NUMA nodes was as this as a new concept for me. I've done nothing with NUMA Nodes and running Numactl --hardware says:

available: 1 nodes (0)
node 0 cpus: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
node 0 size: 32028 MB
node 0 free: 6008 MB
node distances:
node   0
  0:  10

If I'm interpreting this correctly, then I do not have multiple NUMA Nodes.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Figured I would try here. Ran through every mention of folder in the readme, as well as about a dozen pages of this thread before I got bored (the word folder is used a lot lol).

Everything seems to be working fine, ran a test encode and it came out as it should using my config from the desktop version, but I was wondering, is there a way to ensure the output is put into a folder? For example I put a folder with sub files and the movie into the watch folder, it moved the subs as its setup to do, but it just dumps them into the output folder one by one. Is there a way to ensure that each job is put into a folder matching the name of the folder it came out of or the name of the video file when done encoding? 

Huge thanks for this by the way, I've been doing my encodes for what feels like 2 decades the old fashioned way in Windows, this makes things much easier on my new server, should have set this up years ago lol

EDIT - Fixed my second issue (selecting all tracks by default)
https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/advanced/audio-subtitle-defaults.html

Edited by Vaulter98c
On 7/18/2023 at 2:17 AM, Vaulter98c said:

Is there a way to ensure that each job is put into a folder matching the name of the folder it came out of or the name of the video file when done encoding? 

Yes, edit container settings and set "Automatic Video Converter: Output Subdirectory" to "SAME_AS_SRC".

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, so I will preface this by saying the hook and scripting process is over my head, so I need a lot of help here.  I am looking for a simple way to send a notification to autoscan after the conversion is complete to notify Plex to look for the file.  I'd also like to rename it, though I can use Filebot for that possible if it's not easy to do.  Is there anyone that's willing to teach me a bit about this?  I'd love to learn how to do it correctly.  Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 12:08 PM, stefan marton said:

is possible with the autorip file  to maintain all audio track and subtitles  ?

now all the ripped file from watch folder have only first audio track and no subtitles

Yes, you just need to configure your preset to keep all tracks.  This is basically under the Audio/Subtitles tab, then "Track Selection".

• 3 weeks later...

This used to work fine for me and it has been a while since I used it but now I am getting errors when trying to add to queue or start and encode regarding the Destination "Can not read or write the directory". I've tried different directories, running docker safe new permissions, changing the path, using just the default output path etc. and so far no solutions. Any suggestions? I'm on 6.11.5.

Edit: I removed the container and deleted the image, then deleted the appdata folder for it and reinstalled with same settings and things are working again.

Edited by aqua
2 hours ago, cbr600ds2 said:

Actually I can access via manually inputting.  It just doesn't come up in context menu *shrug*   

assuming you mean the "link from clicking the Docker icon" is gone ...

may take a look if this is still filled in your docker setting from handbrake (of course with handbrake value)

image.thumb.png.b7ad440363c6cd5a6ff32f404d557c74.png

thats what is creating the link ...

image.png.e39b1cb69d85f59a5116379af169b00a.png

• Like 1
On 9/29/2023 at 11:52 PM, alturismo said:

assuming you mean the "link from clicking the Docker icon" is gone ...

may take a look if this is still filled in your docker setting from handbrake (of course with handbrake value)

image.thumb.png.b7ad440363c6cd5a6ff32f404d557c74.png

thats what is creating the link ...

image.png.e39b1cb69d85f59a5116379af169b00a.png

Thanks!  I'll have to check after my data rebuild.  I did see it was pointing to a different port than what I have mine at so I'm pretty sure that's it.  

• 4 weeks later...