[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

54 minutes ago, Djoss said:

@kizer, I updated the container.  Now files should not be processed while they are transferred :) 

Just gave it a try and this is what its spitting out why I'm copying a file over to the watcher folder. Still seems to rip, but this is what it says during the copy. 

[matroska,webm @ 0x556a5a3f3260] Read error at pos. 2659571456 (0x9e85d700)
[matroska,webm @ 0x556a5a3f3260] Read error at pos. 143664603 (0x89025db)
[matroska,webm @ 0x556a5a3f3260] Read error at pos. 704643255 (0x2a0000b7)
[matroska,webm @ 0x556a5a3f3260] Read error at pos. 1040199229 (0x3e002e3d)

9 hours ago, kizer said:

Just gave it a try and this is what its spitting out why I'm copying a file over to the watcher folder. Still seems to rip, but this is what it says during the copy. 

[matroska,webm @ 0x556a5a3f3260] Read error at pos. 2659571456 (0x9e85d700)
[matroska,webm @ 0x556a5a3f3260] Read error at pos. 704643255 (0x2a0000b7)

Sorry about that.  The method I used worked for transfers done within the container, but not for ones done outside.  I pushed another update.  Hope it's good now.

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

Sorry about that.  The method I used worked for transfers done within the container, but not for ones done outside.  I pushed another update.  Hope it's good now.

All good Now I'm seeing this instead. Not an error, but its doing it Every 5 seconds. Lol I suppose it doesn't really matter because its a lot better than Red Text... Eeeekkkkk. I'm planning on using --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 to keep my log files from blowing up which I normally do on every Docker.

Thank you for all your attention on this.  

Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/Hidden.Figures.mkv'...
watchFolder: Skipping file '/watch/Hidden.Figures.mkv': currently being copied.
watchFolder: Watch folder processing terminated.
watchFolder: Watch folder: New file(s) detected!
watchFolder: Processing watch folder...
watchFolder: Starting conversion of '/watch/Hidden.Figures.mkv' (d87849f292d0591af50f0c5ec1f3292a)..

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

Djoss, I try to attach HandBrake docker in shell

docker exec -i -t HandBrake /bin/bash , it gives me error "rpc error: code = 2 desc = containerd: container not started" 

what's is mean. what do I do wrong ?

6 hours ago, kizer said:

All good Now I'm seeing this instead. Not an error, but its doing it Every 5 seconds. Lol I suppose it doesn't really matter because its a lot better than Red Text... Eeeekkkkk. I'm planning on using --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 to keep my log files from blowing up which I normally do on every Docker.

Thank you for all your attention on this.  

watchFolder: Starting conversion of '/watch/Hidden.Figures.mkv' (d87849f292d0591af50f0c5ec1f3292a)..

The watch folder is polled every 5 seconds for changes.  So yes you will see these messages on a regular interval during a file transfert.  However, if no change is detected, no message is generated.

6 hours ago, thanhtran said:

Djoss, I try to attach HandBrake docker in shell

docker exec -i -t HandBrake /bin/bash , it gives me error "rpc error: code = 2 desc = containerd: container not started" 

what's is mean. what do I do wrong ?

Container being base on Alpine Linux, bash is not available by default.  You can use sh instead:

docker exec -ti HandBrake sh

There are multiple HandBrake support threads and it is confusing which one is which.  The standard for the dockers seems to be to have a thread with the author included in the title.  Can you change your thread to "[support] djoss - HandBrake"?  It would be clearer that way.

On 23/05/2017 at 11:05 PM, Djoss said:

@Jorgen,  you can update the container.  Let me know if you see any problem!

Hi Djoss, thanks for this!

I went to town with the testing and unfortunately not everything passed.

Quick summary:

• Files aren't deleted from watch folder after succesful conversion
  • Multiple files in watch folder seems to cause problems triggering detections of all files. It stops after each conversion, requiring another file to be added (or deleted) to convert the next file (but only one)
  • Symlinks only works if the target file is in the same directory (watch folder). In hindsight I'm not sure this was a great idea, since /storage and /watch are mapped to different folders inside the docker the link is probably broken from Handbrake's perspective? Or maybe i'm not creating the symlink correctly (linux noob...)

Details of test cases and results here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11voL9X4c9d9IL18NGx1m8SAcM_smPhoxvYPixJzpEJU/pubhtml

Let me know if something is unclear and I'll try to explain it better.

@Jorgen

Do you have your Watch Folder set to Read/Write or Read Only in your Docker Template?

I ask because mine seems to delete the original when its complete when ripping movies so far. 

I haven't tried multiple files yet. I'll give that a go soon and report back.

The only time I've seen any weird glitches is when I had a file name with spaces in it. I'll retest some of those later as well. 

Just tested the following

*****************************Update*******************************

Worked perfectly

24-s01e01.avi 

24-s01e02.avi 

24-s01e03.avi 

Worked Perfectly

The Big Bang Theory-s01e01.avi

The Big Bang Theory-s01e02.avi

The Big Bang Theory-s01e03.avi

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have not been starting/stopping the Docker. I have had it running and I just drop files into the Watch folder. 

2 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Files aren't deleted from watch folder after succesful conversion

Like kizer mentioned, make sure your watch folder has rw permissions.  Also, make sure the environment variable is properly set (AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_KEEP_SOURCE=0).  Finally, if you look at the container log, you should see a message telling that the source file is being removed.  If you don't see it, then the environment variable is not set properly.  Else, you may see an error if the watch folder is read-only.

Multiple files in watch folder seems to cause problems triggering detections of all files. It stops after each conversion, requiring another file to be added (or deleted) to convert the next file (but only one)

Yes, I confirm this behavior.  Will fix that...

Symlinks only works if the target file is in the same directory (watch folder). In hindsight I'm not sure this was a great idea, since /storage and /watch are mapped to different folders inside the docker the link is probably broken from Handbrake's perspective? Or maybe i'm not creating the symlink correctly (linux noob...)

Symlinks need to make sense from the point of view of the container, not the host.  For example the following symlink, as seen inside the container, is good:

/watch/MyMovie.mkv -> /storage/media/Movies/MyMovies.mkv'

But not this one:

/watch/MyMovie.mkv -> /mnt/user/media/Movies/MyMovies.mkv'

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

By the way, great test plan @Jorgen!

Djoss, Thanks for you hard working on HandBrake docker.

1. I set option to move file in watch folder to storage folder after encored is done , but instead moving, it is delete file in watch folder, and not thing in storage folder.

2. HandBrake preset "json" file is not save audio track (by default only one, can not put 2 audio tracks in preset), But my videos are 2 audio tracks. How can I I solve this problem. (to solve this issue, I have go to container modify convert script by adding option "-a 1,2 --aencoder copy:ac3,copy:ac3 --audio-fallback faac", it will override audio in preset, and I give 2 audio tracks . With your HandBrake, where is "convert.sh" , If I can put option 2 audio track in command line, It will solve my issued.

Thanks,

18 minutes ago, thanhtran said:

1. I set option to move file in watch folder to storage folder after encored is done , but instead moving, it is delete file in watch folder, and not thing in storage folder.

What are the paths to the two folders, both from the container's view, and unraid's view?

17 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

What are the paths to the two folders, both from the container's view, and unraid's view?

I don't think mapping folder have issue, because It can create output file in output folder, and can delete file in watch folder.

FYI,

/out; /watch , and /storage is created on SSD mount outside array. /out map to /out , /watch map to /watch; /storage map to /storage, and all 3 folder can R/W set

Edited by thanhtran
14 minutes ago, thanhtran said:

The option you are probably talking about is for removing the original video from the watch folder, not to move it.  So basically, you add videos to the watch folder, then HandBrake automatically converts them and put the result in the /output folder.  After that you have the option to keep the source file in the /watch folder or remove it.

Brief, what you are describing is the expected behavior.

18 minutes ago, thanhtran said:

2. HandBrake preset "json" file is not save audio track (by default only one, can not put 2 audio tracks in preset), But my videos are 2 audio tracks. How can I I solve this problem. (to solve this issue, I have go to container modify convert script by adding option "-a 1,2 --aencoder copy:ac3,copy:ac3 --audio-fallback faac", it will override audio in preset, and I give 2 audio tracks . With your HandBrake, where is "convert.sh" , If I can put option 2 audio track in command line, It will solve my issued.

This container is not designed to allow edition of the conversion script.  Normally, you should be able to change all the conversion options via a preset.  The preset can be edited/created via the HandBrake GUI (or by manually editing the presets.json file).

Are you saying that there is some options that cannot be set via preset?  Are you able to achieve what you want by converting using the GUI?

8 hours ago, dlandon said:

There are multiple HandBrake support threads and it is confusing which one is which.  The standard for the dockers seems to be to have a thread with the author included in the title.  Can you change your thread to "[support] djoss - HandBrake"?  It would be clearer that way.

Done :)

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

The option you are probably talking about is for removing the original video from the watch folder, not to move it.  So basically, you add videos to the watch folder, then HandBrake automatically converts them and put the result in the /output folder.  After that you have the option to keep the source file in the /watch folder or remove it.

Brief, what you are describing is the expected behavior.

This container is not designed to allow edition of the conversion script.  Normally, you should be able to change all the conversion options via a preset.  The preset can be edited/created via the HandBrake GUI (or by manually editing the presets.json file).

Are you saying that there is some options that cannot be set via preset?  Are you able to achieve what you want by converting using the GUI?

Sorry for misunderstanding, I though storage directory is place to keep original files when every file after encored , If we can move encored file to this folder , this is safe to keep original files by moving, not deleting.

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/advanced/audio-subtitle-defaults.html ("HandBrake does not store Audio and Subtitle tracks in presets.
Instead, we store behaviour rules for automatically selecting audio and subtitle tracks each time you scan a new source or select a title.")

So When I export preset to file (json). it only gives 1 audio track. It never work with custom preset with 2 audio tracks. that's why I need modify script to add audio track option. how to solve this issued.

Edited by thanhtran
8 hours ago, kizer said:

Do you have your Watch Folder set to Read/Write or Read Only in your Docker Template?

6 hours ago, Djoss said:

Like kizer mentioned, make sure your watch folder has rw permissions.  Also, make sure the environment variable is properly set (AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_KEEP_SOURCE=0).

Doh! Thanks guys, don't know how I managed to miss those two things, seems so obvious in hindsight!

So deletion of files in watch is now working perfectly for me, thanks again!

I think it has also "fixed" my other problem with multiple files in watch on docker start, as each file deletion seems to trigger a rescan of the watch folder...

Will have to read up on symlink creation. My ultimate goal is for NZBGet to store the HD file to my normal Media share, and also put a symlink to it in the Handbrake watch folder (but only whenthe movie is listed on my friends trakt.tv watchlist...)

If anyone knows how to create a symlink and change the folder part to allow for the docker folder mappings, please speak out! Otherwise I'll report back if/when I solve it...

1 minute ago, Jorgen said:

Doh! Thanks guys, don't know how I managed to miss those two things, seems so obvious in hindsight!

So deletion of files in watch is now working perfectly for me, thanks again!

I think it has also "fixed" my other problem with multiple files in watch on docker start, as each file deletion seems to trigger a rescan of the watch folder...

Will have to read up on symlink creation. My ultimate goal is for NZBGet to store the HD file to my normal Media share, and also put a symlink to it in the Handbrake watch folder (but only whenthe movie is listed on my friends trakt.tv watchlist...)

If anyone knows how to create a symlink and change the folder part to allow for the docker folder mappings, please speak out! Otherwise I'll report back if/when I solve it...

Jorgen, Do you known how to keep multiple audio tracks after encored ? I'm stuck with this issue, hope some one will help.

Jorgen, Do you known how to keep multiple audio tracks after encored ? I'm stuck with this issue, hope some one will help.

I've configured my (custom) preset to retain ALL audio tracks (and subtitles), but I haven't actually tested the results. If I get a chance I'll have a play with it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 minute ago, Jorgen said:

I've configured my (custom) preset to retain ALL audio tracks (and subtitles), but I haven't actually tested the results. If I get a chance I'll have a play with it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, hoped you figure out :)

20 hours ago, Djoss said:

23 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Multiple files in watch folder seems to cause problems triggering detections of all files. It stops after each conversion, requiring another file to be added (or deleted) to convert the next file (but only one)

Yes, I confirm this behavior.  Will fix that...

Fixed!