[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

15 hours ago, thanhtran said:

15 hours ago, Jorgen said:

I've configured my (custom) preset to retain ALL audio tracks (and subtitles), but I haven't actually tested the results. If I get a chance I'll have a play with it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, hoped you figure out :)

@thanhtran, if you want to keep all audio tracks, I confirm this is working for me:

1. In HandBrake GUI, select your preset
  2. Access the 'Audio Defaults' tab.
  3. Set the 'Selection Behavior' to 'All Tracks Matching Selected Languages'.
  4. Add 'Any' to 'Selected Languages' box.
  5. Save your preset.

If this preset is the one configured for the automatic video converter, then any video added to the watch folder will be converted will all the audio tracks retained.

Is it possible to include a when HandBrake is done with a Conversion or all conversions run a script? Possibly a fill in a path to a script in a the Docker Template?

I have a few process I normally run after converting a file and currently I have it setup to run several hours afterwards just to make sure there is no conflict with HandBrake doing its thing. However if HandBrake triggered the script I don't have to worry about setting up any delays. 

Of course if its pushing outside the relm or scope of what we are doing here I completely understand the reason if the answer is NO. ;-) 

12 hours ago, Djoss said:

@thanhtran, if you want to keep all audio tracks, I confirm this is working for me:

1. In HandBrake GUI, select your preset
  2. Access the 'Audio Defaults' tab.
  3. Set the 'Selection Behavior' to 'All Tracks Matching Selected Languages'.
  4. Add 'Any' to 'Selected Languages' box.
  5. Save your preset.

If this preset is the one configured for the automatic video converter, then any video added to the watch folder will be converted will all the audio tracks retained.

Wow, My issued is solved. thanks very much

18 hours ago, kizer said:

Is it possible to include a when HandBrake is done with a Conversion or all conversions run a script? Possibly a fill in a path to a script in a the Docker Template?

I have a few process I normally run after converting a file and currently I have it setup to run several hours afterwards just to make sure there is no conflict with HandBrake doing its thing. However if HandBrake triggered the script I don't have to worry about setting up any delays. 

Of course if its pushing outside the relm or scope of what we are doing here I completely understand the reason if the answer is NO. ;-) 

I can look at this, could be something useful.

What kind of trigger would you like to run?  Because the container it's pretty limited in what it can do.  Installed packages and binaries are kept minimal.

Copy, Move, Rename things of the sort. Nothing fancy... Worst case we can supply a Mapped Volume pointing at whatever scripts we would like to run. 

I used to use this a while back to Notify me when I Moved some files and had to use some sloppy code to make it work, but it did. I haven't test ran this to make sure everything fully runs, but its a quick jot down of an idea. 

MovieConvert.sh

#!/bin/sh
#Edit your Source/Destination here

Source="/mnt/cache/Handbrake/zzzzz/"
Destination="/mnt/cache/Movies/All/"

#Just a way to get a listing

MovieConvert="`ls -t /$Source | tail -n 1`"

#Move the Files to its final Home

mv $Source/$MovieConvert $Destination

#Tell the world via the Notify Script which will push it to Prowl

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/notify -e "Just Converted" -d "Just Converted $MovieConvert" -i "normal" -m "Just Converted $MovieConvert"

On 26/05/2017 at 8:52 AM, Jorgen said:

If anyone knows how to create a symlink and change the folder part to allow for the docker folder mappings, please speak out! Otherwise I'll report back if/when I solve it...

Ok, so my symlink problem was due to my own misunderstanding of how to create them. I know you tried to tell me this Djoss, but it took me a while to understand that you can create a symlink pointing to any path, whether that path actually resolves or not.

For other's benefit, here's one way to achieve this.

Assuming you store your media on unRAID like this:

/mnt/user/Media/Movies/moviefile.mkv

And you have the following HandBrake folder mappings:

/storage = /mnt/user/Media
/watch = /mnt/user/Media/Handbrake-hotfolders/watch

Then from the unRAID console, to create a symlink in the watch folder that resolves from within the docker container:

ln -s "/storage/Movies/moviefile.mkv" "/mnt/user/Media/Handbrake-hotfolders/watch/moviefile.mkv"

Now, from an unRAID perspective this symlink is most likely broken, because /storage does not exist.

But from within the Handbrake container, the link resovles fine thanks to the folder mappings.

And it works great. So that's the last of my problems, all good now.

Thanks again Djoss, really like this docker!

I'm not getting any auto conversion from /watch.

I checked /watch, and it does indeed match the share on the server. There were pre-populated videos in there. Nothing ever "kicked off"

I copied a file from the share to my desktop, copied it back over, and still nothing.

Suggestions?

Edited by puddleglum

@puddleglum I'd look at your Handbrake log it may give you some clues to why Its not working. 

Did you make sure to set your Output folder to R/W opposed to just R/O in your Template settings? I know that has been a problem for some in the past. As well if your planning on having it delete the source after conversion you have to make sure that path is set to R/W as well. 

If you installed the application a while ago, it may be good to use the CA's functionality to "re-install it using default values".  This ensure that you have the latest defaults and settings. A couple of fixes and changes have been made to the template since the beginning...

• 2 weeks later...

Great container, it works great :)

Just one suggestion: Any chance that the auto conversion script could be modified to look in directories for the movie file?

/watch/movie.mp4 works fine.

/watch/movie/movie.mp4 does not.

It's just that many of my movies downloaded via couch potato and deluge end up like that.

edit: And obviously delete the whole directory, not just the movie file itself after the conversion is done.

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by giantkingsquid
16 hours ago, giantkingsquid said:

Just one suggestion: Any chance that the auto conversion script could be modified to look in directories for the movie file?

It's just that many of my movies downloaded via couch potato and deluge end up like that.

edit: And obviously delete the whole directory, not just the movie file itself after the conversion is done.

Thanks,

Tom

Yes, I guess it's something that could be done.  I will look at this!

• Upvote 1

This is something I cobbled together that I run twice a day since I have 150+ Movies to convert. Basically I have an HD for my Large Tv and SD versions for the iPads and whatnot. 

Basically it looks in a folder and grabs the oldest movie folder because my youngest son is giving me grief that a lot of his favorite movies haven't been ripped yet. lol

I launch this from user.scripts. I'm sure somebody could come with something more elegant, but it works for me as of now. All folders and files have had spaces ripped from them simply because I hate spaces in Linux, but that is something else I can share if needed/wanted. :D

#!/bin/bash

#Copy to HandBrake based on oldest Movie

#Find oldest Movie
traveldump="`ls -t /mnt/user/filedump/ | tail -n 1`"
#echo below not needed, but only so I can see it running from user.scripts popup window
echo Movie to Process $traveldump

#Copy Oldest Movie Media Files and then delete the source
#Copy MKV MP4 AVI to HandBrake Folder add any other file types as wanted
for FILE in `ls /mnt/user/filedump/$traveldump | egrep "mkv|mp4|avi"`
do
cp /mnt/user/filedump/$traveldump/$FILE /mnt/cache/HandBrake/dump/
rm /mnt/user/filedump/$traveldump/*
rmdir /mnt/user/filedump/$traveldump/
done

traveldump is just a variable to give unRAID something to pick as well all locations are my locations that I failed to edit/remove out of laziness to post up here. 

On 6/18/2017 at 8:10 PM, Djoss said:
On 6/18/2017 at 3:44 AM, giantkingsquid said:

Thanks,

Tom

Yes, I guess it's something that could be done.  I will look at this!

@giantkingsquid, would you expect the same directory structure for the output?  Example:

/watch/movie/movie.mp4 --> /output/movie/movie.mp4

/watch/movie2/movie2.mp4 --> /output/movie2/movie2.mp4

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:30 PM, Djoss said:

Did you mapped the '/output' folder?

Under the "Docker" tab, all the mappings are shown in the "Volume Mappings" column.  You can copy-paste them here if your want.

Hello I have the same problem with read/write permissions, I've set my output to /mnt/user see photo - Any guidance please?

handbreak config.PNG

On 21/06/2017 at 11:16 AM, Djoss said:

@giantkingsquid, would you expect the same directory structure for the output?  Example:

/watch/movie/movie.mp4 --> /output/movie/movie.mp4

/watch/movie2/movie2.mp4 --> /output/movie2/movie2.mp4

I think it would be better (certainly for my setup using CouchPotato) if the output is put in the output directory itself.

Eg.

/watch/movie/movie.mp4 --> /output/movie.mp4

But it's your docker so it's up to you really :)

One thing that I noticed is that some torrents include a short sample video. I think this would be ok to get transcoded and outputted as well because most of the auto management tools (like CouchPotato) know to delete the sample movie when it appears in its watch folder.

Cheers,

Tom

On 5/18/2017 at 10:56 PM, tiny-e said:

Just installed.  Any time I try to queue or convert I get an error complaining about can't read/write to the directory (ones I chose in the setup).

Hello, I have the same issue with read and write permissions, I've checked & read and write is enabled for both source and output folders (I've enclosed pdf doc, showing pics of configs, errors and cut & pasted logs, any guidance appreciated)?

Handbreak read&write issues.pdf

Edited by huntjules
earlier version before