[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

15 hours ago, mybillyh said:
I have a lot of media at different resolutions and I would like to bulk Convert them to x265 but keep the original resolution of the media.
Is this something that can be done? and if yes then how?

You just need to configure your preset using the GUI.  It should be relatively easy to figure out what's needed to keep the orignal resolution.

Then configure the watch folder to use your preset.  Finally, copy all your files you want to convert in the watch folder. 

I have a request i would like to make. I'd like to have the watch folder and the output folder be same. That way we wouldn't have to manually move videos in the watch folder. In order to achieve this the output files would need to be written to a temporary folder and then overwrite the source file. After that the output file should go on the successful conversions list. This way we would be able to point this container to a folder like /Old_TV_Shows/ and then let the container do it's magic without any further user interaction.

Thanks for the awesome container!

Could you please add a red star behind the label 'Watch Directory:'. This entryfield needs to be filled. Creation of the docker will fail if that entryfield is not filled.

Took me some time to find that error.

Thanks.

Edited by hawihoney
21 hours ago, salontafel said:

I have a request i would like to make. I'd like to have the watch folder and the output folder be same. That way we wouldn't have to manually move videos in the watch folder. In order to achieve this the output files would need to be written to a temporary folder and then overwrite the source file. After that the output file should go on the successful conversions list. This way we would be able to point this container to a folder like /Old_TV_Shows/ and then let the container do it's magic without any further user interaction.

Thanks for the awesome container!

So what is the goal behind this?  Convert all videos inside an existing folder?  Once done, how videos would be added to /Old_TV_Shows/ ?

20 hours ago, hawihoney said:

Could you please add a red star behind the label 'Watch Directory:'. This entryfield needs to be filled. Creation of the docker will fail if that entryfield is not filled.

Took me some time to find that error.

Thanks.

The watch folder setting is not something mandatory: the setting can be removed.  However, when it is kept, it can't be empty.

It seems that it's not something that is validated currently.  It's an issue that applies to all templates in general.

55 minutes ago, Djoss said:

So what is the goal behind this?  Convert all videos inside an existing folder?  Once done, how videos would be added to /Old_TV_Shows/ ?

It would boil down to having the container overwrite the source videos. The goal would be to eliminate the need to manually move videos in the watch folder. If the videos won't have to be moved to a seperate watch folder, then the videos won't disappear on Plex/Sonarr/Radarr and the likes. Like handbrake would process a video to a temporary folder and once its done with the video it would overwrite the source video. Once done, the container would know that it has processed the video and would check for new unprocessed videos in the folder. Sonnar/Radarr would take care of new videos in the /Old_TV_Shows/ folder.

Do you have a donation link? 

8 hours ago, salontafel said:

It would boil down to having the container overwrite the source videos. The goal would be to eliminate the need to manually move videos in the watch folder. If the videos won't have to be moved to a seperate watch folder, then the videos won't disappear on Plex/Sonarr/Radarr and the likes. Like handbrake would process a video to a temporary folder and once its done with the video it would overwrite the source video. Once done, the container would know that it has processed the video and would check for new unprocessed videos in the folder. Sonnar/Radarr would take care of new videos in the /Old_TV_Shows/ folder.

Do you have a donation link? 

I'm not sure that having a single directory that act as both the watch and output folder is the right solution.  I think you should be able to achieve what you want like this: Sonnar/Radarr download/move the videos into HandBrake's watch folder.  The output folder of HandBrake would be /Old_TV_Shows.

You can find a donation link on Github at the top of the README (https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake) :)

On 5/10/2018 at 9:17 PM, Djoss said:

I'm not sure that having a single directory that act as both the watch and output folder is the right solution.  I think you should be able to achieve what you want like this: Sonnar/Radarr download/move the videos into HandBrake's watch folder.  The output folder of HandBrake would be /Old_TV_Shows.

You can find a donation link on Github at the top of the README (https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake) :)

I'm not sure either if it is the right solution. The upsides that i think of are is that you dont need to turn off completed download handling in Sonarr & Radarr. Also movies and TV shows wouldn't disappear from Plex if they were moved to a different folder because files wouldnt need to be moved around at all :) 

If overwriting the source file would be implemented then i would happily test it.

Anyway, Thank you for your Handbrake container ?

13 hours ago, salontafel said:

The upsides that i think of are is that you dont need to turn off completed download handling in Sonarr & Radarr.

Why you would need to turn if off?

13 hours ago, salontafel said:

Also movies and TV shows wouldn't disappear from Plex if they were moved to a different folder because files wouldnt need to be moved around at all :)

I think it's not an issue for Plex, since it would/should see only the final destination, not the intermediate one.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:28 AM, Djoss said:

Why you would need to turn if off?

I think it's not an issue for Plex, since it would/should see only the final destination, not the intermediate one.

Sorry for the late reply;

If i leave the automated download handling on, then sonarr will move the completed video file to the TV shows folder. (At least with the transmission download client)

So then it would bypass the handbrake watch folder.

And it is indeed not an issue for plex, but it could be annoying to search for a movie and not find it in plex only to find out that it is still in the watch folder with a 1000 other movies.

Oh and I just thought of this, but if this container would move the video file inside the container (tmpfs) before encoding it, then we would avoid having 2 hosts encoding the same file :) .

When I add files to my watch folder, outside of just checking the completed folder and see when they are removed from the watch folder, is there a way to use the WebUI to see the current status of the current file it's working on? 

I know it's working as my I see my CPU usage go up, and I can see it working on stuff in the completed folder.  I'd just like to be able to see more like % done and what not.

How do I view current activity when it's working on files from the watch folder?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, salontafel said:

And it is indeed not an issue for plex, but it could be annoying to search for a movie and not find it in plex only to find out that it is still in the watch folder with a 1000 other movies.

Would you have 1000 movies in the watch folder because the conversion can't keep up with the download rate or because you want to convert all existing videos?

16 hours ago, Meller said:

When I add files to my watch folder, outside of just checking the completed folder and see when they are removed from the watch folder, is there a way to use the WebUI to see the current status of the current file it's working on? 

I know it's working as my I see my CPU usage go up, and I can see it working on stuff in the completed folder.  I'd just like to be able to see more like % done and what not.

How do I view current activity when it's working on files from the watch folder?

Thanks!

You have the status and progress in the container's log.

The status is not visible from the GUI because the watch folder is not a feature of HandBrake itself.

10 hours ago, Djoss said:

Would you have 1000 movies in the watch folder because the conversion can't keep up with the download rate or because you want to convert all existing videos?

Converting all existing videos. Archiving Tv shows in HEVC format to save some space. 

4 hours ago, salontafel said:

Converting all existing videos. Archiving Tv shows in HEVC format to save some space. 

Ok so you have 2 different scenarios: 1) you want to convert all videos in an existing folder and 2) you want to convert downloaded videos.

For the download scenario, I guess it is easily covered by configuring Sonarr to move downloaded files into the HandBrake's watch folder and mapping HandBrake output folder to the final destination.

For existing videos, would copying them into to watch folder would work?  I guess in this case you would need an option to allow file overrides in the output folder.

Firstly, thanks for a great docker.

I'm having an issue with setting up my presets.  I can save my presets and the video qualities are remembered but, Audio and subtitles are not.  They always seem to default to AAC 2.0 and burned in subtitles no matter what I select and save to the profile.  What am I doing wrong?

3 hours ago, Luc1fer said:

Firstly, thanks for a great docker.

I'm having an issue with setting up my presets.  I can save my presets and the video qualities are remembered but, Audio and subtitles are not.  They always seem to default to AAC 2.0 and burned in subtitles no matter what I select and save to the profile.  What am I doing wrong?

What are your preset settings and what you would like to achieve?

11 hours ago, Djoss said:

What are your preset settings and what you would like to achieve?

I made a new preset for h265, constant quality, 720p.  All of the video settings have saved to the profile as I wanted.  I also wanted no subtitles so I removed the subs.  I wanted audio transcoded to aac 5.1 but every time I add a new source file and choose the preset I created the video settings are fine but it has selected aac 2.0 audio transcoding and to burn in the subs.  I have tried to create a new preset with the same result.

So at the moment I have to change the preset for every file I transcode as it won't save my audio and subtitle selections.

8 minutes ago, Luc1fer said:

I made a new preset for h265, constant quality, 720p.  All of the video settings have saved to the profile as I wanted.  I also wanted no subtitles so I removed the subs.  I wanted audio transcoded to aac 5.1 but every time I add a new source file and choose the preset I created the video settings are fine but it has selected aac 2.0 audio transcoding and to burn in the subs.  I have tried to create a new preset with the same result.

So at the moment I have to change the preset for every file I transcode as it won't save my audio and subtitle selections.

Can you post a screenshot of the audio/subtitle changes you are making?  I have done similar changes and they stick for the preset for me.

8 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Can you post a screenshot of the audio/subtitle changes you are making?  I have done similar changes and they stick for the preset for me.

Nevermind, my fault.  I missed the the fact that I hadn't set the box under  the passthrough selection properly.  Its all fixed now :)

• 2 weeks later...
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='HandBrake' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_PRESET'='Very Fast 1080p30' -e 'AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_FORMAT'='mp4' -e 'AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_KEEP_SOURCE'='1' -e 'AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_OUTPUT_SUBDIR'='' -e 'USER_ID'='99' -e 'GROUP_ID'='100' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'APP_NICENESS'='' -e 'DISPLAY_WIDTH'='1280' -e 'DISPLAY_HEIGHT'='768' -e 'SECURE_CONNECTION'='0' -e 'X11VNC_EXTRA_OPTS'='' -e 'AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_SOURCE_STABLE_TIME'='5' -e 'AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_SOURCE_MIN_DURATION'='10' -e 'AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_CHECK_INTERVAL'='5' -p '7803:5800/tcp' -p '7903:5900/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Handbrake/':'/storage':'ro' -v '':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Handbrake/':'/output':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/HandBrake':'/config':'rw' 'jlesage/handbrake' 
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: invalid volume spec ":/watch:rw": invalid volume specification: ':/watch:rw'.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.