[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

5 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

It should. The container itself is not volatile like that, it does retain settings through restarts. I think this will all be in the ghb folder in appdata/Handbrake, so you could even back them up yourself for things like upgrades, just in case.

Yes, correct.

6 hours ago, Arndroid said:

Awesome, thank you. :)

Will try and see how it goes now.

Edit: Just a heads up, my Post Conversion shell script didn't do anything.. Ohwell.

Post conversion hooks only seem to work for items in the watched folder and not for items converted by the GUI.

If it did nothing for a file converted in the watched folder then look in the logs to see what went wrong with your script.  I found that if your path or filename contained spaces you needed to wrap the variable.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Djoss said:

@cybrnook, can you try to reproduce with the following tag: v1.14.3-debug

Also, since I will need to core dump, check https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake#debug-builds to make sure they are generated.

Will do tonight! It has been very reproducible for me, create a Queue of episodes and let it run ? 

QQ, so no build with older base, and no build with QS disabled. We will shoot just straight for a debug version instead?

16 hours ago, cybrnook said:

QQ, so no build with older base, and no build with QS disabled. We will shoot just straight for a debug version instead?

Yeah so far the crash occurs in the x264 library.  This library has been upgraded with Alpine 3.8.  I'm trying to see if there is a simple fix before going back to the older version.

• Like 1

Testing now........

EDIT: Whelp, it has eaten through 7 episodes back to back. None of the failing containers ever made it that far. As far as I am concerned, PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Great job @Djoss, sent a little something your way. Now, let's get that dual ripping in MakeMKV setup ;-)

Edited by cybrnook
10 hours ago, cybrnook said:

Testing now........

EDIT: Whelp, it has eaten through 7 episodes back to back. None of the failing containers ever made it that far. As far as I am concerned, PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Great job @Djoss, sent a little something your way. Now, let's get that dual ripping in MakeMKV setup ;-)

Yep, this is the next step!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ucliker said:

Thanks! I had looked at that website earlier but the interface looks different in unRAID. I was trying to get Intel Quick Sync working but I don't think it works in unRAID.

Read the readme file, DJoss has instructions on enabling QS. Was recently added.

What to check if the following happens:

Ive selected the same preset:

-put .iso in watch folder, let it try automatic:

GLib-GIO-Message: 03:05:16.878: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/asdasdkasd.iso' (58f93b7dff45b3f1315bda776233b390) using preset 'Fast 1080p30'...
[autovideoconverter] 12 title(s) to process.
[autovideoconverter] Processing title 1 (1/12)...
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 7.59 %
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 27.76 %
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 44.48 %
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 57.93 %
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 72.24 % (70.60 fps, avg 85.78 fps, ETA 00h00m02s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 83.45 % (61.52 fps, avg 79.67 fps, ETA 00h00m01s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 92.93 % (62.30 fps, avg 77.07 fps, ETA 00h00m01s)
[autovideoconverter] Processing title 4 (2/12)...
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 0.00 %
[autovideoconverter] Conversion failed.

-go to GUI, load the .iso, press start, it works...? (same preset)

Which setting i must use to make always only one file out of the source?

Anyway this docker looks so amazing and such great options... respect!

Edited by nuhll
15 minutes ago, nuhll said:

What to check if the following happens:

Ive selected the same preset:

-put .iso in watch folder, let it try automatic:

GLib-GIO-Message: 03:05:16.878: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/asdasdkasd.iso' (58f93b7dff45b3f1315bda776233b390) using preset 'Fast 1080p30'...
[autovideoconverter] 12 title(s) to process.
[autovideoconverter] Processing title 1 (1/12)...
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 27.76 %
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 44.48 %
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 72.24 % (70.60 fps, avg 85.78 fps, ETA 00h00m02s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 83.45 % (61.52 fps, avg 79.67 fps, ETA 00h00m01s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 92.93 % (62.30 fps, avg 77.07 fps, ETA 00h00m01s)
[autovideoconverter] Processing title 4 (2/12)...
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 0.00 %
[autovideoconverter] Conversion failed.

-go to GUI, load the .iso, press start, it works...? (same preset)

Which setting i must use to make always only one file out of the source?

Anyway this docker looks so amazing and such great options... respect!

You can look at /mnt/user/appdata/HandBrake/log/hb/conversion.log for the complete log.  Maybe there is a useful error message.

omg, you linked the log outside the container? Is it already christmas? :D

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000136
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x000004b5
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB at 0x00002914
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB at 0x0000379a
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB at 0x0000d78e
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_1.VOB at 0x00016d0e
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_1.VOB at 0x0001f165
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_07_1.VOB at 0x00029087
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_08_1.VOB at 0x000354e6
libdvdread: Found 8 VTS's
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[03:05:30] sync: expecting 2253 video frames
[03:05:30] encx264: encoding at constant RF 22.000000
[03:05:30] encx264: unparsed options: level=4.0:ref=2:8x8dct=0:weightp=1:subme=6:vbv-bufsize=25000:vbv-maxrate=20000:rc-lookahead=30
x264 [info]: using SAR=64/45
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX FMA3 AVX2 LZCNT BMI2
x264 [info]: profile Main, level 4.0
ERROR: avio_open2 failed, errno -2
[03:05:30] work: average encoding speed for job is 0.000000 fps
[03:05:30] comb detect: heavy 0 | light 0 | uncombed 0 | total 0
[03:05:30] decomb: deinterlaced 0 | blended 0 | unfiltered 0 | total 0
[03:05:30] vfr: 0 frames output, 0 dropped and 0 duped for CFR/PFR
[03:05:30] vfr: lost time: 0 (0 frames)
[03:05:30] vfr: gained time: 0 (0 frames) (0 not accounted for)
[03:05:30] ac3-decoder done: 0 frames, 0 decoder errors
[03:05:30] sync: got 0 frames, 2253 expected
[03:05:30] libhb: work result = 3

Encode failed (error 3).
HandBrake has exited.

Google says permission problem, but whats the difference in permissions if i run via GUI or via automatic..?? Shouldnt be!?

It also creates one file (the intro) in the output directory just fine.

How to fix the permission problem!?

see.png

Edited by nuhll

runt his form inside the contaienr:

/tmp # ls -l /output/DVDRIP/
total 7548
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Jul 27 10:43 tesasd
-rw-rw-rw-    1 app      users      7727924 Jul 27 04:37 test4.title-1.mp4

seems fine for me, what could be the problem? The tesasd file is created within the terminal with touch.

Edited by nuhll

It creates the first file and directory, but then it fails. Ive read thru 14 pages now, didnt find any tips. Is there ANYTHING i need to adjust with the standard presets to get it working? (i just selected language for subtitles and audio)

edit: read all pages, found nothing helpfull, also looked in dokumentation, can i enable debug somehow?

Edited by nuhll
57 minutes ago, nuhll said:

It creates the first file and directory, but then it fails. Ive read thru 14 pages now, didnt find any tips. Is there ANYTHING i need to adjust with the standard presets to get it working? (i just selected language for subtitles and audio)

edit: read all pages, found nothing helpfull, also looked in dokumentation, can i enable debug somehow?

Are you always getting the same failure for the same ISO?  Do you have other ISOs that work?  Is your output folder empty when you try the conversion?

Also, could you attach the full logs (docker logs and conversion.log) when you get the failure?

Ill do that.

Atm i only have that one iso.

It works if i go in GUI with same preset. Then, when i put it in watch folder, it starts, creates directory and first file and then stops with the error above. I dont understand it. If it cant access it, it wouldnt write anything. And if iso would be problem, why does it work in GUI mode..?!?