[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

On 1/18/2019 at 5:49 AM, nuhll said:

I guess, i cant use it. :(

Now it just dropped intel quick sync and even the h264 preset is no longer working.

If its not automatic, i rather just delete videos which are not working.

Thanks for your help anyway!

If the built-in presets don't work, you can try reset them to their default (under the Presets menu).

7 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

It seems that in v1.15.0 of your container it's no longer picking up the /dev/dri device correctly and so the QSV encoders aren't showing.

If you look at the container's log, you should see the reason why QSV is not enabled.

3 hours ago, Djoss said:

If you look at the container's log, you should see the reason why QSV is not enabled.

I think it's showing that it's enabled. Not showing that it's not.

[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-vnc-password.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-vnc-password.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-web-index.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-web-index.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 95-check-optical-drive.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 95-check-optical-drive.sh: looking for usable optical drives...
[cont-init.d] 95-check-optical-drive.sh: found optical drive /dev/sr0, group 19.
[cont-init.d] 95-check-optical-drive.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 95-check-qsv.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 95-check-qsv.sh: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz
[cont-init.d] 95-check-qsv.sh: Device /dev/dri/renderD128 group is 100.
[cont-init.d] 95-check-qsv.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] handbrake.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] handbrake.sh: core dump file location: core
[cont-init.d] handbrake.sh: core dump file size: 0 (blocks)
[cont-init.d] handbrake.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] starting s6-fdholderd...
[services.d] starting certsmonitor...
[services.d] starting nginx...
[services.d] starting xvfb...
[nginx] starting...
[certsmonitor] disabling service: secure connection not enabled.
[xvfb] starting...
[services.d] starting autovideoconverter...
[services.d] starting statusmonitor...
[statusmonitor] no file to monitor: disabling service...
[services.d] starting logmonitor...
[logmonitor] no file to monitor: disabling service...
[services.d] starting openbox...
[autovideoconverter] starting...
[openbox] starting...
[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
[autovideoconverter] Watch folder '/watch' processing terminated.
[services.d] starting x11vnc...
[services.d] starting app...
[x11vnc] starting...
[app] starting HandBrake...

On 1/24/2019 at 4:43 AM, Djoss said:

Ok, I got this figured out. After I upgraded to 6.7.0-rc2 this morning Handbrake was again not able to use QSV. I noticed that /dev/dri/card0 had owner root:video while the rest of the items in the /dev/dri folder are set nobody:users. I chowned card0 to nobody:users and it is working again. It's weird that that particular device file is not getting chowned on boot like the rest of the /dev/dri folder. The only thing that I can guess is that the card0 device isn't yet available when my user script is run. I'm going to change my script to wait till the card0 device exists to run the chmod and chown commands.

• Upvote 1

Ok, the while statement didn't work because the device file already existed. I ended up putting a "sleep 4" in my script between the modprobe statement and the chmod & chown statements so it now, for anyone else who might be having issues, looks like this:

modprobe i915
sleep 4
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri
chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri

Hi,

I am revisiting this docker again and just have a question regarding the cpu priority.

I have an i7-3770K overclocked to 4.2Ghz and would like Handbrake to use all of it unless something else calls for the CPU power (Windows 10 VM, Plex, etc)  It says in the documentation that 19 is the lowest priority, does anyone have any real world expierience with this or would it be better to use CPU pinning?  

Another option but I cannot find it is to encode during the middle of the night.

cpuunraid.jpg

On 1/25/2019 at 8:25 AM, Taddeusz said:

Ok, I got this figured out. After I upgraded to 6.7.0-rc2 this morning Handbrake was again not able to use QSV. I noticed that /dev/dri/card0 had owner root:video while the rest of the items in the /dev/dri folder are set nobody:users. I chowned card0 to nobody:users and it is working again. It's weird that that particular device file is not getting chowned on boot like the rest of the /dev/dri folder. The only thing that I can guess is that the card0 device isn't yet available when my user script is run. I'm going to change my script to wait till the card0 device exists to run the chmod and chown commands.

Ran into the same problem.  Card0 was owned by root:video.  I chowned it to nobody:users (like the rest of /dev/dri) and the QSV encoding options appeared again.

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Hoopster
On 1/30/2019 at 9:26 AM, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I am revisiting this docker again and just have a question regarding the cpu priority.

I have an i7-3770K overclocked to 4.2Ghz and would like Handbrake to use all of it unless something else calls for the CPU power (Windows 10 VM, Plex, etc)  It says in the documentation that 19 is the lowest priority, does anyone have any real world expierience with this or would it be better to use CPU pinning?  

Another option but I cannot find it is to encode during the middle of the night.

cpuunraid.jpg

CPU pinning only limit cores on which the container can run.  If you want use all resources unless needed by something else, you can try to set the priority like you did, or configure CPU shares:

On 1/30/2019 at 3:26 PM, mbc0 said:

Hi,

cpuunraid.jpg

Just add -c=128 to extra parameters... :)

It means

ur handbrake gets all power, when no other need it

and

if power is needed elsewhere it gets at least

((your cpu power / 1024) * 128).

If no c is set, it means the docker get 1024 (full power). Set all your dockers u dont need (everything exept plex normally) to 128 and youre good to go. VM and Plex always highest "priority".

Edited by nuhll
6 hours ago, Jobine said:

No, mine and is the same since 2 years...

All files before the last update works !

Make sure the "Profile" and "Level" settings under the Video tab are compatible with your iPad.  I know that HandBrake can adjust the preset according the video you load.  Maybe something in this area changed in the latest version.

11 minutes ago, Jobine said:

Profile : high

level : 4.2

the same since 2

and the old videos works :(

Which iPad model/generation do you have?  Are you able to read the video on other devices?

You can also compare characteristics of a working video and a non-working one.  This can be done with Plex (by selecting "get info" of video) or with mediainfo.