[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

I think I found the problem

I try "Apple 1080p60 Surround, the level is set at 4.2" and the file works (with stereo audio)

If I modify the audio transcoding for AAC 5.1, it does't work.

I don't know what has changed in the new version of Handbrake.

All my others files with AAC 5.1 works but not the new ones.

On a side note, I just figured out how to speed up h.265 encoding by a factor of 10: use Intel Quick Sync Video found in most current CPUs... it's a world of difference... add "modprobe i915" and "chmod -R 777 /dev/dri" to /boot/config/go at the end, then proceed to add the /dev/dri device to your handbrake docker container... lastly, chose the "H.265 (Intel QSV)" codec in the video section of handbrake... profit!! 😎

• Like 1
2 hours ago, drdebian said:

On a side note, I just figured out how to speed up h.265 encoding by a factor of 10: use Intel Quick Sync Video found in most current CPUs... it's a world of difference... add "modprobe i915" and "chmod -R 777 /dev/dri" to /boot/config/go at the end, then proceed to add the /dev/dri device to your handbrake docker container... lastly, chose the "H.265 (Intel QSV)" codec in the video section of handbrake... profit!! 😎

Yes, this is already documented :)  https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake#unraid-1

• Like 1

Hello,

thank you very much for this container. I have it encoding my TV shows and movies to H.265 and it works like a charm.

I wondered: is it possible to tell HandBrake to ignore music files in the watch folder?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

bioneye

On 2/4/2019 at 4:46 PM, bioneye said:

Hello,

thank you very much for this container. I have it encoding my TV shows and movies to H.265 and it works like a charm.

I wondered: is it possible to tell HandBrake to ignore music files in the watch folder?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

bioneye

The container expects only video files to be put in the watch folder.  However, I guess that if HandBrake tries to convert music files, it would simple fail?

On 1/31/2019 at 11:22 AM, Hoopster said:

Ran into the same problem.  Card0 was owned by root:video.  I chowned it to nobody:users (like the rest of /dev/dri) and the QSV encoding options appeared again.

Thanks for the tip.

BTW, with the latest version, you should no longer have to change permission of /dev/dri.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

really hope they get the linux nvidia support up and running. I have this set up as per spaceinvaders video but the slow trans-coding is keeping me from actually using this. got a p4000 in the waiting for this when it does get supported. 

just out of curriosity, does anyone know if this is something that is being worked on?

16 hours ago, shaunvis said:

I'm using a Dell server for Unraid. Am I correct that I could pop in an Nvidia video card, give it over to Handbrake and it will use that fr faster encoding?

Currently, HandBrake only support Intel QSV for hardware-accelerated encoding.  No support for Nvidia yet.

I got Handbrake working fine. It's converting things I grab to h265 as it should. The file size difference between h264 has been pretty significant, sometimes half the size. 

Is there a way to get Handbrake to through my existing videos, recode them, delete the originals, and leave the new files in their place?

I can go in and manually do it, but that's a LOT of work an dI'm looking for a way to automate it.

Hello, a couple quick questions here:

1. Is it possible to ignore already existing files in the /watch directory?
  2. Is it possible to grab a file, have it converted then put back in the same location as the source file? I received an error of "already exists" when trying this. My goal would be to just convert new files and just leave the existing ones.

Thanks.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:57 AM, samladin86 said:

When I go to try open the Webui for hand break I get the following

This site can’t be reached

192.168.50.32 refused to connect.

Search Google for 192 168 8080

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Can someone please help my out please and thank you

Are you using default container settings?   How do you access the web ui (via which port)?