[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

10 hours ago, rbroberts said:

And...a veto would be much nicer that the move stuff anyway. I really do like that one watch directory for them all. The 480p and 720p configs convert much faster than the 1080p (naturally), so stacking them behind the 1080p partially defeats the parallel setup.

So, there's a workaround.

Each instance has it's own /watch and /output, but they don't do any moving of files; instead if it's not for them, they just delete the input. Yes, they do.

The trick is in the setup. I'm going to script this, but roughly, under the assumption that my directory structure is no more than one level, i.e., /watch/MyMovie/MyMovie.mkv, and other files in the MyMovie directory, I do the following.

First, my watch directory on the server is not where the containers looks. I have /mnt/user/Videos/rip/watch/{1080,0720,0480}, three directories. But I drop the MyMovie directory in .../watch. Then I run a script that does this:

for X in [A-Z]*; do for D in 0480 0720 1080; do mkdir -p $D/"$X"; ln -t $D/"$X" "$X"/*; done; done

for X in [A-Z]*; do 
    for D in 0480 0720 1080; do 
        mkdir -p $D/"$X"
        ln -t $D/"$X" "$X"/*
    done
done

Since I have hard links, they've visible in the container mount points. And since they're hard links, the setup is fast, no data is copied, and deleting doesn't really remove the original.

And I can easily tell when things are really done.

Edited by rbroberts
fix tyops

So I deleted, made sure that the appdata was deleted and tried again - 

Now I'm getting this- 

[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/Birds of Prey.mkv'...
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/Birds of Prey.mkv' (715eaa5c747a2303cf5bde055f6aefe2) using preset '4k encode'...
[autovideoconverter] 1 title(s) to process.
mktemp: failed to create directory via template ‘/mnt/user/Downloads/complete//.XXXXXX’: No such file or directory
[autovideoconverter] ERROR: Failed to create temporary directory under '/mnt/user/Downloads/complete/'.
[autovideoconverter] Conversion failed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JBnFEbqCLTfuZC6VLdpGRumfCj5Z-CEZ/view?usp=sharing

My guess is that the automatic video converter output directory is wrong, right?  Thoughts?  

19 hours ago, cbr600ds2 said:

Whooo hooooo!!! conversion in process!  its impossible to change output location huh?

You'll notice two places where you specify an output directory, the first is what server path is mounted on the container as /output.

The second is where you want the output to be written, it defaults to /output, but it can be any subdirectory of that.

Since you can specify the actual output to be any subdirectory of the container mount point /output, and /output can be mounted from anyplace on the server, so I think that should count as being possible to change the output location.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:46 PM, Djoss said:

Yes, keep it to the default value (/output).

Hi Djoss,

Install Handbrake and test 1 video, the output is good video, but audio I lost 1 stream. Original video I have 2 tracks audio, but after convert it only keeps 1st audio track. How do I solve this problem.

Thanks

Edited by newave
On 5/18/2017 at 10:07 AM, Djoss said:

Support for HandBrake docker container

Application Name: HandBrake
Application Site: https://handbrake.fr/
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/handbrake/
Github: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.

Hi  Djoss,

I'm using your hb docker. Seem hb docker works fine, but I has problem with audio track. My original video has 2 audio tracks, after transcoder by hb, my output video has only 1 audio track. How do I solve this problem ? I have custom hb profile (JSON file) . Can I use for this hb docker ?

Thanks

Edited by newave
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 9:27 PM, cbr600ds2 said:

Ok - two weird questions

1.  What's the proper way to stop something that's being encoded? 

2. Any way to delete the temporary folder that something was encoded but was stopped but the folder still remains and now I have no admin access to delete?  

I guess you mean stopping a video being encoded by the automatic video converted ?  There is currently no clean way to stop it...

For temporary folder, do you mean that you don't have access to unRAID's shares/files ?

On 4/14/2020 at 10:33 AM, newave said:

Hi  Djoss,

I'm using your hb docker. Seem hb docker works fine, but I has problem with audio track. My original video has 2 audio tracks, after transcoder by hb, my output video has only 1 audio track. How do I solve this problem ? I have custom hb profile (JSON file) . Can I use for this hb docker ?

Thanks

What are your settings under the Audio tab? You should probably have "Any" under "Selected Languages" and have "Selection Behaviour" set to "All Tracks Matching..." 

I set the preset to 

preset: H.265 MKV 2160p60

and video : mkv

but it wont convert my 720videos and upscale them to 2160

can it not upscale?  and I noticed  it converts my avi files to a smaller quality I figured it be a higher file..

but how you get it to upscale the quality?

8 hours ago, comet424 said:

I set the preset to 

preset: H.265 MKV 2160p60

and video : mkv

but it wont convert my 720videos and upscale them to 2160

can it not upscale?  and I noticed  it converts my avi files to a smaller quality I figured it be a higher file..

but how you get it to upscale the quality?

This is "as designed".  See the following article:

The HandBrake GUI’s do not allow upscaling. Most of the time this is a bad idea as it reduces (not increases) the quality of your source file along with increasing the final file size. This is less than ideal. Most of the time, letting the playback device or software upscale to your screen size is much better. You don’t gain anything by upscaling with HandBrake.

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/advanced/resizing-video.html

ah ok    and if I have a 1GB AVI  and  I have it set like above  and it reduces the file to 354mb mkv  is that normal?  or shouldn't the file be still around 1GB  just better quality since mkv is better then avi?

as I was gonna have it convert all my avi's to mkv  but I not sure if I loosing quality when it can drop the file size soo much

1 hour ago, comet424 said:

ah ok    and if I have a 1GB AVI  and  I have it set like above  and it reduces the file to 354mb mkv  is that normal?  or shouldn't the file be still around 1GB  just better quality since mkv is better then avi?

as I was gonna have it convert all my avi's to mkv  but I not sure if I loosing quality when it can drop the file size soo much

Note that avi and mkv are only containers for the video.  So for sure, re-encoding an AVI will not make the video better: you will loose in quality.

You could, however, convert (remux) an avi to mkv, i.e. copy the video from one container to another.  You can try MKVToolNix for this.

oh  ok.. I was hoping to covert  where you don't loose any quality all your doing is converting to a different file format..

is the MKVToolNix  in handbrake or a different program..

as what I wanted to do was slide all my avis  and my cam corder moi files into handbrake  then it fix  them  lol

but ill look that up too in the meantime the MkvToolNix

3 hours ago, comet424 said:

oh  ok.. I was hoping to covert  where you don't loose any quality all your doing is converting to a different file format..

is the MKVToolNix  in handbrake or a different program..

as what I wanted to do was slide all my avis  and my cam corder moi files into handbrake  then it fix  them  lol

but ill look that up too in the meantime the MkvToolNix

may also take a look at avidemux

i use it to remux my records after com cutting, from .ts to mkv, but should also work from avi to mkv ...

image.thumb.png.276137bf46fba0fa9f5a51994925ff93.png

oh ok ill check it out too.. I did try the mkvtoolnix.. only issue is if I have 100 avi I import in, I thought it do each one..  not it takes the first file..  and takes the audio tracks of all 100 and sticks it all in 1 file lol

didn't create 100 files ..     reason I liked handbrake  I  can copy my home movies cam corders into the folder and it would process 

but ill give this one a try too..  

4 hours ago, comet424 said:

oh ok ill check it out too.. I did try the mkvtoolnix.. only issue is if I have 100 avi I import in, I thought it do each one..  not it takes the first file..  and takes the audio tracks of all 100 and sticks it all in 1 file lol

didn't create 100 files ..     reason I liked handbrake  I  can copy my home movies cam corders into the folder and it would process 

but ill give this one a try too..  

So what's wrong with keeping AVI format ?  It's a well supported format and I'm not sure to see the benefit of converting to mkv.

because I wanted to add tags.. and I always here well one format is better then another

mkv is better then mp4    or flv  is better then avi

and I know my windows media player doesn't like my moi cam corder videos  I gotta load them up in vlc player

I just figured  across the board have the best file format..   I also had mp4s I made  well some how they are corrupt I cant erase or fix the metatags in them    the there but I cant edit with them they stuck in a error  if I try to fix them..

so I  dunno just wanted to set it to the best format and not have issues

so figured set everything to the same format  unless im wrong I dunno

• 2 weeks later...

i am getting the following error message in the logs, does anyone have any ideas? Everything was working just fine earlier today and now not so much. I did update the docker as i have done before but im not sure what the version was before the latest on.

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning: Unsupported high keycode 372 for name <I372> ignored
> X11 cannot support keycodes above 255.
> This warning only shows for the first high keycode.
> Internal error: Could not resolve keysym XF86MonBrightnessCycle
> Internal error: Could not resolve keysym XF86RotationLockToggle
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
[services.d] starting autovideoconverter...
[services.d] starting logmonitor...
[services.d] starting statusmonitor...
[logmonitor] no file to monitor: disabling service...
[services.d] starting openbox...
[statusmonitor] no file to monitor: disabling service...
[openbox] starting...
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning: Unsupported high keycode 372 for name <I372> ignored
> X11 cannot support keycodes above 255.
> This warning only shows for the first high keycode.
[autovideoconverter] starting...
[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
> Internal error: Could not resolve keysym XF86MonBrightnessCycle
> Internal error: Could not resolve keysym XF86RotationLockToggle

Hello, I've just set this docker up to watch and auto process a folder.  I keep getting an error "Invalid preset Fast 1080p30".  I get this for any preset that I select in the docker settings.  I'm not sure why... can somebody help?

Snippet of the log file

------- CONVERSION OUTPUT Wed May  6 11:00:28 EDT 2020 -------
Cannot load libnvidia-encode.so.1
[11:00:28] hb_init: starting libhb thread
[11:00:28] thread 14c1bfb04b20 started ("libhb")
HandBrake 1.3.2 (2020050400) - Linux x86_64 - https://handbrake.fr
2 CPUs detected
Invalid preset Fast 1080p30
Valid presets are:
    General/
        Very Fast 1080p30
            Small H.264 video (up to 1080p30) and AAC stereo audio, in
            an MP4 container.
        Very Fast 720p30
            Small H.264 video (up to 720p30) and AAC stereo audio, in an
            MP4 container.
        Very Fast 576p25
            Small H.264 video (up to 576p25) and AAC stereo audio, in an
            MP4 container.
        Very Fast 480p30
            Small H.264 video (up to 480p30) and AAC stereo audio, in an
            MP4 container.
        Fast 1080p30
            H.264 video (up to 1080p30) and AAC stereo audio, in an MP4
            container.

Attaching a screenshot of my docker settings:

image.thumb.png.9813839a5cf9f9137aafde7f5abd9671.png

Just as an FYI, i'm trying to use this in conjunction with the plex post processing script https://gist.github.com/jlesage/06d8024d510b630025814fa5b776fef9

3 hours ago, romanodog said:

Hello, I've just set this docker up to watch and auto process a folder.  I keep getting an error "Invalid preset Fast 1080p30".  I get this for any preset that I select in the docker settings.  I'm not sure why... can somebody help?

Snippet of the log file

------- CONVERSION OUTPUT Wed May  6 11:00:28 EDT 2020 -------
Cannot load libnvidia-encode.so.1
[11:00:28] hb_init: starting libhb thread
[11:00:28] thread 14c1bfb04b20 started ("libhb")
HandBrake 1.3.2 (2020050400) - Linux x86_64 - https://handbrake.fr
2 CPUs detected
Invalid preset Fast 1080p30
Valid presets are:
    General/
        Very Fast 1080p30
            Small H.264 video (up to 1080p30) and AAC stereo audio, in
            an MP4 container.
        Very Fast 720p30
            Small H.264 video (up to 720p30) and AAC stereo audio, in an
            MP4 container.
        Very Fast 576p25
            Small H.264 video (up to 576p25) and AAC stereo audio, in an
            MP4 container.
        Very Fast 480p30
            Small H.264 video (up to 480p30) and AAC stereo audio, in an
            MP4 container.
        Fast 1080p30
            H.264 video (up to 1080p30) and AAC stereo audio, in an MP4
            container.

Attaching a screenshot of my docker settings:

image.thumb.png.9813839a5cf9f9137aafde7f5abd9671.png

Just as an FYI, i'm trying to use this in conjunction with the plex post processing script https://gist.github.com/jlesage/06d8024d510b630025814fa5b776fef9

Exactly the same here. Was working before the docker was updated. No idea what the previous version was.

Where you possible to fix it?

1 minute ago, JeffreyVrancken said:

Exactly the same here. Was working before the docker was updated. No idea what the previous version was.

Where you possible to fix it?

No I haven't gotten it working yet.  You're saying it worked before, so maybe something in the new update broke it?  This is the first time I've tried so I had assumed that I had something set up wrong.