[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

11 hours ago, Flyinace2000 said:

I'm running MakeMKV on my desktop (MacOS 10.15).  My Unraid box only has a low profile DVD drive.  Also, I CAN'T BELIEVE I"VE BEEN USING IT WRONG ALL THESE YEARS AND ADDING A STEP W/ HANDBRAKE.  OMG

I guess the question I'll have to answer is it worth it to keep a full disk backup going forward for archival purposes, or just the resulting MKV file.  

THANK YOU

Normally i only keep the .mkv files and not the whole bluray backup. I would recomend changing the minimal title length to 0 that can be found in view, preferences and then under video.  If you want the extras i would do it, you never know how long the extras are so its like a fail safe. might get some useless stuff like a logo or advert. but those can be easily deleted.

• 3 weeks later...

I have my handbrake write to an unassigned device drive and it created a temp folder (no problems) but now its done doing what it does and it didn't delete the temp folder and I can't delete it from Windows explorer.   I tried looking through krusader but can't seem to find it through there.  Any idea where it is to delete it (my OCD is killing me) 

On 9/27/2020 at 2:32 AM, cbr600ds2 said:

I have my handbrake write to an unassigned device drive and it created a temp folder (no problems) but now its done doing what it does and it didn't delete the temp folder and I can't delete it from Windows explorer.   I tried looking through krusader but can't seem to find it through there.  Any idea where it is to delete it (my OCD is killing me) 

might be helpful.

I am having some issues with .m2ts files. I have the movie parts pulled out, but when I try to load them into handbrake it is like everything just freezes. It stays at scanning for minutes and never moves. Is there something that should be done before bringing it into handbrake?

I looked in this thread and only see people scanning the entire disk. I just have the movie file.

5 hours ago, strahd_zarovich said:

I am having some issues with .m2ts files. I have the movie parts pulled out, but when I try to load them into handbrake it is like everything just freezes. It stays at scanning for minutes and never moves. Is there something that should be done before bringing it into handbrake?

I looked in this thread and only see people scanning the entire disk. I just have the movie file.

Hey did you rip the disk or is it a download? Also what film? What happens if you add only the main film .m2ts file into handbrake does it freeze then?

17 hours ago, C_James said:

Hey did you rip the disk or is it a download? Also what film? What happens if you add only the main film .m2ts file into handbrake does it freeze then?

It is a download of a movie I own. I do not have a BlueRay reader for a computer.

The Big Lebowski is the movie.

Yes, once I add the .m2ts to Handbrake it freezes. Also, added it to the Watch folder and it doesn't seem to see it.

The movie plays fine through Plex. I just want to shrink it down.

13 hours ago, cbr600ds2 said:

am I getting these temp files because it updates Handbrake when the system is running?  I thought it was because UD was being updated but its not that.   Wonder if there's a way to not have the system update while a conversion is going on. 

Before I start a big conversion I turn Auto Update off. I typically do 4 to 5 movies at a time.

On 10/5/2020 at 3:19 PM, strahd_zarovich said:

Hey. when you mean it freezes. Does it scan. preview 1 of ...... and then get to like preview 3 and top. with the bar stops moving? i think i might have the same problem as you. but its only happening with one video. also mine is .mkv. im gonna assume the codex of the videos handbrake is not liking.

3 hours ago, C_James said:

Hey. when you mean it freezes. Does it scan. preview 1 of ...... and then get to like preview 3 and top. with the bar stops moving? i think i might have the same problem as you. but its only happening with one video. also mine is .mkv. im gonna assume the codex of the videos handbrake is not liking.

Yes, that is what was happening for me. I just skipped that one file.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Danny Goh said:

Hi,

I can't show a unicode on my browser or handbrake web interface.

Can anyone tell me which is the Chinese language? Eg. In between this and this language or from top 25 line is Chinese.

Also same as subtitle.

2020-11-24 15_53_41-HandBrake.png

For HandBrake to display these kind of characters, you need to edit the container's settings and add a new "Variable" named "ENABLE_CJK_FONT" with a value of "1".

Hey guys, quick question about the auto encode with watch folder.  How do you control the audio tracks?  When I save my preset, it never changes the audio.  usually I convert to Opus for everything, weather it be 2.0, 5.1 or 7.1 surround.  How can you have it default to that behavior for the watch folder?  Sorry if this is a simple question, I've never used Handbrake before, and always used Staxrip on my Windows machine, but wanted to start using my server to do this, since I was doing a lot of 4k h265 re-encodes.  Thanks for any suggestions.

nvm, I think I found the behavior... Its under the track selection tab, correct?  Check the boxes of the codecs that I want to pass through, and then choose the fallback codec that I want the others to use when its not a pass through codec?  Am I understand this behavior correctly?  thanks.

Is anyone else having a problem with Intel QSV? I recently began to encode 4K MKV files to MP4s, and the first time I ever tried it, I would get past the scanning phase, then Handbrake completely stops, saying there is an error. In the activity log, I have a line that says "Failure to initialize Quick Sync Video (Intel SDK)". Here's my specs:

CPU: Intel i7-3770

RAM: 16 GB DDR3

No GPU (other than some cheap GPU for console output)

I know that the 3770 only supports H.264 encoding, but AFAIK H.264 still supports 4K output. I can still encode 1080p, so that is why I bring this up. Is there some compatibility issue with my CPU and doing 4K encoding?

4 minutes ago, M1llenia said:

CPU: Intel i7-3770

That's your problem.  Yes, the CPU has QSV, but it is NOT capable of dealing with many formats/codecs, especially 4K, as it is an Ivy Bridge generation CPU.   You really need to have a Skylake generation or later CPU before QSV can handle 4K/HEVC.

image.thumb.png.042ec8a8a84215aa3453c44d794f3c46.png