[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

Hi,

I am having an issue with aspect ratio using this docker which I only get using the watch folders, if I use the GUI it is fine!

For example I use the same custom preset I created for HEVC 720P and if I use the same preset on this docker or any of my machines via GUI I input the same file 1920 x 800 and get 1280 X 534 out due to the width being set to 1280 & the keep aspect ratio being ticked with Anamorphic disabled.  However if I use the same preset, same input file via the watch folder I get 1280 X 720p out which obviously looks horribly distorted.

I do not want to waste your time as this does not seem to be docker specific as I get the same on this docker that I use on my Ubuntu installation (https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake/issues/12) so it seems to be a handbrake issue/bug?

Many Thanks

Edited by mbc0
33 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I am having an issue with aspect ratio using this docker which I only get using the watch folders, if I use the GUI it is fine!

For example I use the same custom preset I created for HEVC 720P and if I use the same preset on this docker or any of my machines via GUI I input the same file 1920 x 800 and get 1280 X 534 out due to the width being set to 1280 & the keep aspect ratio being ticked with Anamorphic disabled.  However if I use the same preset, same input file via the watch folder I get 1280 X 720p out which obviously looks horribly distorted.

I do not want to waste your time as this does not seem to be docker specific as I get the same on this docker that I use on my Ubuntu installation (https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake/issues/12) so it seems to be a handbrake issue/bug?

Many Thanks

Since it it reproducible also on Ubuntu, maybe you could also seek help on HandBrake forum?

On 2/20/2018 at 11:22 PM, Makmanak said:

Did the handbrake image change recently? HE-AAC disappeared as an audio encoding option and x265 encoding now fail/error our when a glitch in the source stream is encountered with the following in the log

encoded 4416 frames in 49.98s (88.36 fps), 423.07 kb/s, Avg QP:28.96
[21:06:19] avformatMux: track 1, av_interleaved_write_frame failed with error 'Function not implemented'
[21:06:19] Last error repeated 1 times
[21:06:19] avformatMux: track 0, av_interleaved_write_frame failed with error 'Function not implemented'
[21:06:19] avformatMux: track 0, av_interleaved_write_frame failed with error 'Function not implemented'
[21:06:19] Last error repeated 1 times
[21:06:19] avformatMux: track 1, av_interleaved_write_frame failed with error 'Function not implemented'
[21:06:19] Last error repeated 8 times

On 2/22/2018 at 10:44 PM, rbroberts said:

The docker image using HandBrake 1.07 doesn't recognize the pcm_16le encoded audio track on one of my rips. The Fedora 27 version, which has a dated version (nightly build?) of 20180111143138-9bd2b8e-unknown (x86_64) does. I'm not sure if this is a HandBrake issue or a missing library in the docker image.

Guys, update to the latest version, these issues should be fixed.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

OK, I will try that but I would need to find the CLI for my preset I guess?

Here is how the CLI is invoked:

/usr/bin/HandBrakeCLI --preset-import-file /config/ghb/presets.json -i INPUT_FILE -o OUTPUT_FILE --preset PRESET_NAME

Where INPUT_FILE is the path to the source video, OUTPUT_FILE is the path to the converted video and PRESET_NAME is the name of the preset.

/config/ghb/presets.json is the preset file that is also used by the UI.

On 2/17/2018 at 11:19 AM, mbc0 said:

FFS! I was in Chrome (As Always) tried Edge & all is working as expected! 

Sorry to have been wasting your time!

Thanks for raising this though - I was having the same issue.

In Chrome, click the "i" next to the address, select Cookies then Remove.  Refresh the page, all should be good

On 10/03/2018 at 4:12 PM, primeval_god said:

Since this image is base on jlesage/baseimage-gui:alpine-3.6-v3.3.4 does it make use of the notification backend feature of the base image to output its status to the log? I ask because i am looking for a way to get notifications for the start and stop events out to pushover.

I guess that hooks could also be used for this.  Do you have an idea of how you would use pushover?  With curl?

Yes I believe that you would use curl to call the pushover API. I am currently trying to do exactly that to get notifications from another docker container I use. Thus far however I dont have a working example of using the API with curl. 

An additional reason I was asking was that i was considering trying to integrate pushover notifications with the notification backend feature of your base image. I use a container based on your base image that i am considering using the notifications in and I was wondering if that work would map over to this container.

Edited by primeval_god
7 hours ago, primeval_god said:

Yes I believe that you would use curl to call the pushover API. I am currently trying to do exactly that to get notifications from another docker container I use. Thus far however I dont have a working example of using the API with curl. 

Did you tried this:

https://pushover.net/faq#library-shell

7 hours ago, primeval_god said:

An additional reason I was asking was that i was considering trying to integrate pushover notifications with the notification backend feature of your base image. I use a container based on your base image that i am considering using the notifications in and I was wondering if that work would map over to this container.

Yes that would be possible.  You can do pretty much what you want in the notification script...

On 3/12/2018 at 8:11 PM, Djoss said:

Did you tried this:

https://pushover.net/faq#library-shell

Yes that would be possible.  You can do pretty much what you want in the notification script...

I finally got back looking at pushover on the other image I was working on. I got it working pretty quickly using the method that you linked to. I am now looking at how to use it with this handbrake image. The one thing that I am still not clear on regarding your handbrake image is whether or not it is hooked into the notification backend. That is to say, I know that this image outputs some status to the docker log, but does it also write that log somewhere internally? Is it possible to tail the docker logs with the notification script?

2 hours ago, primeval_god said:

I finally got back looking at pushover on the other image I was working on. I got it working pretty quickly using the method that you linked to. I am now looking at how to use it with this handbrake image. The one thing that I am still not clear on regarding your handbrake image is whether or not it is hooked into the notification backend. That is to say, I know that this image outputs some status to the docker log, but does it also write that log somewhere internally? Is it possible to tail the docker logs with the notification script?

Currently, the image doesn't use the notification backend (there is no need).  The docker logs can't be used directly, but you could use the internal log file to detect the beginning/end of the encoding, or your could modify the encoding script to output both to stdout (docker logs) and to a file (using "tee").  However, I think it's easier to just use the hooks (https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake#hooks).  With them, you don't even need to modify the image.

26 minutes ago, chip said:

Is there a way to have one watch folder and two conversion presets without causing issues? When I convert movies I do one for my server and a smaller one for phones/tablets.

Worst case if it did you could always run two instances of the Docker one preset for Movies and the other instance for Phones/Tablets. 

2 hours ago, chip said:

Yes I did see that but didn't want to drop the file twice if I didn't need to .

I see two options for you:

• Map the 2 watch folders to the same folder on the host.  With this solution, you need to make sure that source video is not removed automatically (AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_KEEP_SOURCE=1).
  • Add a pre-conversion hook (https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake#hooks) that copies the source video to the other watch folder.

In both cases, make sure to set a different output subdirectory for the 2 watch folders!

Couple of questions:

1.) I'm just curious but is it possible to set up the watch folder to convert all video files to HEVC H.265?

2.) Can you also set up the watch folder so that it simply maintains the original source video's resolution (I have some 720p, a lot of 1080p, and a decent 4k 2160p collection)?

3.) Are you able to drop multiple files at once into the watch folder and it'll simple start with the first then just work it's way down all the media 1 at a time until all are converted?

5 hours ago, Meller said:

Couple of questions:

1.) I'm just curious but is it possible to set up the watch folder to convert all video files to HEVC H.265?

2.) Can you also set up the watch folder so that it simply maintains the original source video's resolution (I have some 720p, a lot of 1080p, and a decent 4k 2160p collection)?

3.) Are you able to drop multiple files at once into the watch folder and it'll simple start with the first then just work it's way down all the media 1 at a time until all are converted?

Yes to all these questions.

You can use the GUI and configure a preset that will cover 1) and 2).  Then use it for the watch folder.

• 2 weeks later...