Jump to content
Djoss

[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

553 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, nuhll said:

Sorry, i dont know what that means. I cant read these charts.

So if Auto doesn't work, just use the highest value that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The error says 2 is the highest?!

 

ibva info: VAEncMiscParameterBufferQualityLevel.quality_level (4) out of range (max 2).
ERROR: encqsv: MFXVideoENCODE_EncodeFrameAsync failed (-17)

 

Or do i understand that wrong!?

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, nuhll said:

The error says 2 is the highest?!

 

ibva info: VAEncMiscParameterBufferQualityLevel.quality_level (4) out of range (max 2).
ERROR: encqsv: MFXVideoENCODE_EncodeFrameAsync failed (-17)

 

Or do i understand that wrong!?

According to http://intel.github.io/libva/structVAEncMiscParameterBufferQualityLevel.htmlVAEncMiscParameterBufferQualityLevel really seems to be associated to the "Preset" setting under the video tab of HandBrake (and not the "Level" setting).

I would try to keep the "Level" to auto and change the "Preset" setting instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 1/8/2019 at 2:31 AM, Djoss said:

According to http://intel.github.io/libva/structVAEncMiscParameterBufferQualityLevel.htmlVAEncMiscParameterBufferQualityLevel really seems to be associated to the "Preset" setting under the video tab of HandBrake (and not the "Level" setting).

I would try to keep the "Level" to auto and change the "Preset" setting instead.

Then its bugged. I can change to whatever preset i want, the value dont change in the error message. 

 

It just startet to work when i changed the Level thing.


Atm i have preset at the highest and Level at 2, which is working. It defaults to "auto" but then i wonder why it doesnt automaticly understand that my cpu can only do level 2. (bc thats what the error message tells)

 

When i find the next DVDR ill try to raise the level value to 3 so we would see if the error message change.

 

test.png

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

i dont know wtf is goin on.

 

I found a .mkv which i need to encode.

 

Which worked in level 3 and 4, then i set it back to auto and even that works... ??? How it can work some time and some time not? Does it depend on the filetype?

 


 

[00:09:36]    + container: MPEG-4 (libavformat)
[00:09:36]      + align initial A/V stream timestamps
[00:09:36]  * video track
[00:09:36]    + decoder: h264
[00:09:36]    + filters
[00:09:36]      + Comb Detect (mode=3:spatial-metric=2:motion-thresh=1:spatial-thresh=1:filter-mode=2:block-thresh=40:block-width=16:block-height=16)
[00:09:36]      + Decomb (mode=39)
[00:09:36]      + Framerate Shaper (mode=0)
[00:09:36]        + frame rate: same as source (around 50.000 fps)
[00:09:36]      + Crop and Scale (width=1920:height=800:crop-top=142:crop-bottom=138:crop-left=0:crop-right=0)
[00:09:36]        + source: 1920 * 1080, crop (142/138/0/0): 1920 * 800, scale: 1920 * 800
[00:09:36]    + Output geometry
[00:09:36]      + storage dimensions: 1920 x 800
[00:09:36]      + pixel aspect ratio: 1 : 1
[00:09:36]      + display dimensions: 1920 x 800
[00:09:36]    + encoder: H.264 (Intel Media SDK)
[00:09:36]      + preset:  quality
[00:09:36]      + profile: auto
[00:09:36]      + level:   auto
[00:09:36]      + quality: 25.00 (QP)
[00:09:36]      + color profile: 1-1-1
[00:09:36]  * audio track 1
[00:09:36]    + decoder: Deutsch (AC3) (2.0 ch) (track 1, id 0x1)
[00:09:36]      + bitrate: 384 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[00:09:36]    + mixdown: Stereo
[00:09:36]    + dither: triangular
[00:09:36]    + encoder: AAC (libfdk_aac)
[00:09:36]      + bitrate: 160 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[00:09:36]  * audio track 2
[00:09:36]    + decoder: Deutsch (AC3) (2.0 ch) (track 1, id 0x1)
[00:09:36]      + bitrate: 384 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[00:09:36]    + AC3 Passthru
[00:09:36] sync: expecting 382835 video frames
libva info: VA-API version 1.3.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: User requested driver 'i965'
libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_3
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
[00:09:36] encqsvInit: using encode-only path
[00:09:36] encqsvInit: H.264/AVC High profile @ level 4.2
[00:09:36] encqsvInit: TargetUsage 2 AsyncDepth 4
[00:09:36] encqsvInit: GopRefDist 4 GopPicSize 32 NumRefFrame 3
[00:09:36] encqsvInit: BFramesMax 3 BRefType pyramid
[00:09:36] encqsvInit: RateControlMethod CQP with QPI 25 QPP 27 QPB 29
[00:09:36] sync: first pts video is 0
[00:09:36] sync: Chapter 1 at frame 1 time 0
[00:09:36] sync: first pts audio 0x1 is 1620
[00:09:36] sync: first pts audio 0x1 is 1620
[00:09:37] qsv_enc_init: using 'hardware (1) via VAAPI' implementation, API: 1.28

 

Its at 45fps which is pretty good for that shitty cpu, i guess.

 

Does this look correct for Intel Quick Sync?

 

I will now use auto, i guess?!

 

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post

QSV seems to be used.

Which CPU do you have exactly?

Share this post


Link to post

M/B: ASRock - B85M DASH/OL R2.0

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4370 CPU @ 3.80GHz

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Djoss,

 

Thanks for your work on this container, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of them on my server :)  I've got a quick question for you regarding the Source File Stable Time field in the settings.  By default it's set to 5 (seconds) im assuming.  How big of a value can this take and can it take any different values or is it always seconds?

 

Thanks!

Edited by Iciclebar

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/10/2019 at 5:19 AM, nuhll said:

M/B: ASRock - B85M DASH/OL R2.0

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4370 CPU @ 3.80GHz

I have one generation prior to yours.  I generally start with a build-in preset and just change the encoder to QSV and it works fine.

 

Also note that old CPUs are not officially supported by HandBrake.  See https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/issues/1701#issuecomment-448710278

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Iciclebar said:

Hey Djoss,

 

Thanks for your work on this container, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of them on my server :)  I've got a quick question for you regarding the Source File Stable Time field in the settings.  By default it's set to 5 (seconds) im assuming.  How big of a value can this take and can it take any different values or is it always seconds?

 

Thanks!

Yes it's always in seconds.  Ii can take any value, but you typically don't need to set something big here.  It will just increase the time before the file get processed.

Share this post


Link to post

This container is creating a bunch of hidden folders in the output location that I don't have permission to delete unless i run docker safe permissions tool. Can you please change the container so that it uses 99/100 for its permissions.

Share this post


Link to post

This docker is driving me crazy. 😆

 

It worked for days. Weeks. And now:


[autovideoconverter] Change detected in watch folder '/watch'.
[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
[autovideoconverter] Skipping '/watch/Grease.German.DL.1978.720p.BluRay.x264-DEFUSED ghost-of-usenet.org - (78+99) - dfd-grease-1080p.r75/dfd-grease-1080p.mkv' (ecddc9f9b8f11fa50705623b3831e886): already processed with failure.
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/Kung.Fu.Panda.2.2011.DL.German.DTSD.1080p.BluRay.x264-LameHD/Kung.Fu.Panda.2.2011.DL.German.DTSD.1080p.BluRay.x264-LameHD.mkv'...
mkdir: can't create directory '/output/': No such file or directory
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/Kung.Fu.Panda.2.2011.DL.German.DTSD.1080p.BluRay.x264-LameHD/Kung.Fu.Panda.2.2011.DL.German.DTSD.1080p.BluRay.x264-LameHD.mkv' (b24e518143836e931fa9c9eb0c94b4c5) using preset 'h264intelqsv'...
[autovideoconverter] 1 title(s) to process.
mktemp: No such file or directory
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 1.36 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m13s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 9.35 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m13s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 17.46 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m12s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 25.33 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m11s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 31.53 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m10s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 31.74 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m12s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 32.06 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m15s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 32.28 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m17s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 32.56 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m19s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 32.90 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m22s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 33.26 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m23s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 36.22 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m23s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 44.31 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m18s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 53.58 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m13s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 67.34 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m08s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 79.18 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m04s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 90.13 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m02s)
[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 100.00 % (0.00 fps, avg 0.00 fps, ETA 00h00m00s)
[autovideoconverter] Conversion failed.

 

Why does this 2. output directory gets added sometimes (i already deleted it last time, it just came back again)

Im getting crazy. Last time i deleted the new "OUTPUT DIRECTORY" - which didnt seem to work becaus eit cam eback now - this time i try to delete the old one. I hope that helps.

 

Another question: if the output director no longer exists... does handbrake delete the output file? Could that be changd? Like if no directory is there, create it...? (i mean /output/DIRECTORYNAME)

 

Thanks for any help.

 

1.png

2.png

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/11/2019 at 5:02 PM, jj_uk said:

This container is creating a bunch of hidden folders in the output location that I don't have permission to delete unless i run docker safe permissions tool. Can you please change the container so that it uses 99/100 for its permissions.

Looks like some left over from previous versions.  Is the container image up-to-date?  Once the tmp directories are removed, do they re-appear?

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, nuhll said:

Why does this 2. output directory gets added sometimes (i already deleted it last time, it just came back again)

Im getting crazy. Last time i deleted the new "OUTPUT DIRECTORY" - which didnt seem to work becaus eit cam eback now - this time i try to delete the old one. I hope that helps.

Not sure why you are seeing this issue, but it may be related to the template update.  Did you try to remove the container and re-create it?

 

14 hours ago, nuhll said:

Another question: if the output director no longer exists... does handbrake delete the output file? Could that be changd? Like if no directory is there, create it...? (i mean /output/DIRECTORYNAME)

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but if you set "SAME_AS_SRC" for the output sub-directory, required sub-folders will be created automatically under "/output".

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Not sure why you are seeing this issue, but it may be related to the template update.  Did you try to remove the container and re-create it?

 

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but if you set "SAME_AS_SRC" for the output sub-directory, required sub-folders will be created automatically under "/output".

I did not long time ago recreate this container. Then suddenly the 2. output dir came. I remvoed it and docker worked again for some time. Yesterday it came back. Did u changed this docker some days ago?

 


Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but if you set "SAME_AS_SRC" for the output sub-directory, required sub-folders will be created automatically under "/output".

Yes, ive set that. So if /output/something is not there it shoudl create it, thats also what i saw most times. But sometimes it finished and the file dissapear without e.g. radarr taking it, so i thought maybe its not working if /output/something isnt still there. Because i have a script which removes empty directorys after some time.

 

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, nuhll said:

I did not long time ago recreate this container. Then suddenly the 2. output dir came. I remvoed it and docker worked again for some time. Yesterday it came back. Did u changed this docker some days ago?

Nothing changed in the template.

 

14 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Yes, ive set that. So if /output/something is not there it shoudl create it, thats also what i saw most times. But sometimes it finished and the file dissapear without e.g. radarr taking it, so i thought maybe its not working if /output/something isnt still there. Because i have a script which removes empty directorys after some time.

Currently the output folder is created before the video conversion.  The video is then converted into a temporary folder before being moved to its final destination.  So if your script removes the directory during the conversion, then video will fails to be moved to its final destination...

 

I can mitigate this by creating the output folder just before the video gets moved.

Share this post


Link to post

That would be awesome! (or just put it direct in the correct folder, but ig uess there a reason for tmp folder)

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for all your help.

 

I removed that remove dir script, just to check if that is the problem.

 

I got this now:

[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 99.97 % (73.19 fps, avg 34.17 fps, ETA 00h00m01s)
mv: can't rename '/output/.mFHKFG/Step Up 2 The Streets 2008 BluRay 1080p DL German DTS x264 dxva-BECKs.mp4': No such file or directory
[autovideoconverter] Conversion ended successfully.
[autovideoconverter] Removed /watch/Step Up 2 The Streets 2008 BluRay 1080p DL German DTS x264 dxva-BECKs/Step Up 2 The Streets 2008 BluRay 1080p DL German DTS x264 dxva-BECKs.mkv'.
[autovideoconverter] Removed directory '/watch/Step Up 2 The Streets 2008 BluRay 1080p DL German DTS x264 dxva-BECKs'.
[autovideoconverter] Watch folder '/watch' processing terminated.
[autovideoconverter] Change detected in watch folder '/watch'.
[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD.mkv'...
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD.mkv' (559e189dae24092d027fa4b149425859) using preset 'h264intelqsv'...
[autovideoconverter] 1 title(s) to process.
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD.mkv' (559e189dae24092d027fa4b149425859) using preset 'h264intelqsv'...
[autovideoconverter] 1 title(s) to process.

 

The file is not in output nor in the input directory, nor in radarr... just deleted... how!?

 

Interestingly the input has the directory, bt its empty

 

\downloads\DVDR\.mFHKFG

 

The next movie seems to be imported automatic into radarr just fine btw.

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, nuhll said:

Thank you for all your help.

 

I removed that remove dir script, just to check if that is the problem.

 

I got this now:


[autovideoconverter] Encoding: 99.97 % (73.19 fps, avg 34.17 fps, ETA 00h00m01s)
mv: can't rename '/output/.mFHKFG/Step Up 2 The Streets 2008 BluRay 1080p DL German DTS x264 dxva-BECKs.mp4': No such file or directory
[autovideoconverter] Conversion ended successfully.
[autovideoconverter] Removed /watch/Step Up 2 The Streets 2008 BluRay 1080p DL German DTS x264 dxva-BECKs/Step Up 2 The Streets 2008 BluRay 1080p DL German DTS x264 dxva-BECKs.mkv'.
[autovideoconverter] Removed directory '/watch/Step Up 2 The Streets 2008 BluRay 1080p DL German DTS x264 dxva-BECKs'.
[autovideoconverter] Watch folder '/watch' processing terminated.
[autovideoconverter] Change detected in watch folder '/watch'.
[autovideoconverter] Processing watch folder '/watch'...
[autovideoconverter] Waiting 5 seconds before processing '/watch/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD.mkv'...
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD.mkv' (559e189dae24092d027fa4b149425859) using preset 'h264intelqsv'...
[autovideoconverter] 1 title(s) to process.
[autovideoconverter] Starting conversion of '/watch/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD/Constantine.2005.German.1080p.DD.5.1.Blu-ray.VC-1.Remux-pmHD.mkv' (559e189dae24092d027fa4b149425859) using preset 'h264intelqsv'...
[autovideoconverter] 1 title(s) to process.

 

The file is not in output nor in the input directory, nor in radarr... just deleted... how!?

 

Interestingly the input has the directory, bt its empty

 

\downloads\DVDR\.mFHKFG

 

The next movie seems to be imported automatic into radarr just fine btw.

Is it possible that radarr tried to handle the file in "/output/.mFHKFG" before its completion?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Is it possible that radarr tried to handle the file in "/output/.mFHKFG" before its completion?

It dont have access to there.

 


#!/bin/bash
FROM_DIR="/mnt/user/downloads/completed/Filme"
TO_DIR="/mnt/user/downloads/DVDR"

rsync -ar --exclude '_unpack' --include '*/' --include '*.iso' --include '*.m2ts' --include '*.img' --include '*.mkv' --exclude '*' --remove-source-files --progress "$FROM_DIR/" "$TO_DIR"
find "$FROM_DIR/" -depth -empty -type d -delete # This removes empty directories in the source directory

logger DVDRs verschoben.

touch /mnt/user/downloads/DVDR/touch
find /mnt/user/downloads/DVDR/* -type d -empty -exec rmdir {} \;
rm /mnt/user/downloads/DVDR/touch

logger DVDRs älter als eine Woche gelöscht.

taht moves the files which wont be automatic imported into the handbrake watch directory.

 

Handbrake move it then to the output directory (back to downloads/completed/Filme)

 

I outcommented now the remve empty directories. But that should be not the problem!?

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, nuhll said:

It dont have access to there.

"/output" is mapped to "/mnt/user/downloads/completed/Filme" if I understand correctly.

 

19 hours ago, nuhll said:

taht moves the files which wont be automatic imported into the handbrake watch directory.

 

Handbrake move it then to the output directory (back to downloads/completed/Filme)

 

I outcommented now the remve empty directories. But that should be not the problem!?

 

So how easy is to reproduce the issue?  From the log, it seems that the converted video doesn't exist when it's time to move it to its final location.  I would try the following:

  • Try to reproduce the issue while making sure your script is not running.
  • Try to reproduce by forcing the script to run while the video is converted.
  • While the video is converted, check the filename you have under the temporary output directory (under /output).  Then check the log to make sure the same name is used when moving the file.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Djoss said:

"/output" is mapped to "/mnt/user/downloads/completed/Filme" if I understand correctly.

 

 

So how easy is to reproduce the issue?  From the log, it seems that the converted video doesn't exist when it's time to move it to its final location.  I would try the following:

  • Try to reproduce the issue while making sure your script is not running.
  • Try to reproduce by forcing the script to run while the video is converted.
  • While the video is converted, check the filename you have under the temporary output directory (under /output).  Then check the log to make sure the same name is used when moving the file.

output is mapped to /filme, correct. Thought u mean if it could access watch folder.

 

I will watch it now more closly. But if i remember correctly.. the filename is correct in output (also the folder) also it wasnt deleted. Folder there, file gone, nothing in radarr logs. Only thing sscript removes is empty directorys. And that only every hour.

Edited by nuhll

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now