[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

18 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Do you have another container/application/script that could also plays with the directory?

If there is no message indicating the deletion of the file, it's not the auto video converter that removes it...!

Ah FFS!!!! So Sorry mate, GoodSync runs in that folder! Just created a new one outside of GoodSync now files are being left alone 🙄:-[

Really been making good progress with this Docker, I really appreciate it!

One thing I am stuck on at the moment is handbrake is trying to encode .nfo and .jpg files

example.

Folder downloads containing 

movie.nfo

movie.jpg

movie.mkv

moviesample.mkv

handbrake tries to encode all the files in that folder but successfully manages to encode the .nfo file into movie.mkv (0 bytes) so when handbrake gets down to the actual movie it fails with destination folder already exists. 

Is there a way to exclude files with handbrake or ensure only video files are encoded as unfortunately I cannot do this at source (ftp)

Thanks again

Edited by mbc0
On 3/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, mbc0 said:

Really been making good progress with this Docker, I really appreciate it!

One thing I am stuck on at the moment is handbrake is trying to encode .nfo and .jpg files

example.

Folder downloads containing 

movie.nfo

movie.jpg

movie.mkv

moviesample.mkv

handbrake tries to encode all the files in that folder but successfully manages to encode the .nfo file into movie.mkv (0 bytes) so when handbrake gets down to the actual movie it fails with destination folder already exists. 

Is there a way to exclude files with handbrake or ensure only video files are encoded as unfortunately I cannot do this at source (ftp)

Thanks again

You can use the pre-conversion hook (https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake#hooks) to check the file type and delete it if it doesn't need to be converted.

17 minutes ago, Djoss said:

You can use the pre-conversion hook (https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake#hooks) to check the file type and delete it if it doesn't need to be converted.

Ok, 

I am way out of my depth with this!  

I cannot understand how to create a seperate watch folder (I have 4 instances of Handbrake docker installed!)

I have folders on my ftp that contain nfo's sfv's jpg's rar's etc I just want to convert the movie files (mkv,mp4 etc) if this is a simple hook to write can you help me out with that and the how to create additional watch folders & I will make a donation in return to your paypal? 

I am fine if I have examples to work from as I can then work things out but everywhere I look I am coming up blank!

Really appreciate your time @Djoss

8 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Ok, 

I am way out of my depth with this!  

I cannot understand how to create a seperate watch folder (I have 4 instances of Handbrake docker installed!)

I have folders on my ftp that contain nfo's sfv's jpg's rar's etc I just want to convert the movie files (mkv,mp4 etc) if this is a simple hook to write can you help me out with that and the how to create additional watch folders & I will make a donation in return to your paypal? 

I am fine if I have examples to work from as I can then work things out but everywhere I look I am coming up blank!

Really appreciate your time @Djoss

I'm trying to better understand your workflow.  How do you transfer your files from your ftp to the watch folder?  Can't you transfer only the video files?

I have an rclone mount to a watch folder on my seedbox where my video files are downloaded to so nothing actually downloads to my server other than the encoded file.  I have tested this and it works great apart from when there is a folder with .nfo's .jpg's etc as handbrake tries to encode those as well.

Does that make sense?

42 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

I have an rclone mount to a watch folder on my seedbox where my video files are downloaded to so nothing actually downloads to my server other than the encoded file.  I have tested this and it works great apart from when there is a folder with .nfo's .jpg's etc as handbrake tries to encode those as well.

Does that make sense?

So your HandBrake watch folder is in fact a rclone mount to your seedbox?  In this case, I think you should be able to filter the mount to have a view of only the video files (https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/#filters).

You are a star!

I have sent a donation as I really appreciate your work and help thank you!

I created this script and all working flawlessly now 🙂

mkdir -p /mnt/disks/handbrakemount

rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --exclude *.log --exclude *.jpg --exclude *.nfo --exclude *.rar --exclude *.r0* --exclude *.r1* --exclude *.r2* --exclude *.r3* --exclude *.r4* --exclude *.r5* --exclude *.r6* --exclude *.r7* --exclude *.r8* --exclude *.r9* --exclude *sample* --exclude *trailer* --exclude *.sfv --allow-other dediseedbox: /mnt/disks/handbrakemount &

If I could just trouble you one last time for any advice/example/anything! to help me add watch folders so I do not have to have multiple instances of the docker running I would really appreciate it!!

Again, Thanks! 🙂

On 3/9/2019 at 9:07 AM, mbc0 said:

You are a star!

I have sent a donation as I really appreciate your work and help thank you!

I created this script and all working flawlessly now 🙂

mkdir -p /mnt/disks/handbrakemount

rclone mount --max-read-ahead 1024k --exclude *.log --exclude *.jpg --exclude *.nfo --exclude *.rar --exclude *.r0* --exclude *.r1* --exclude *.r2* --exclude *.r3* --exclude *.r4* --exclude *.r5* --exclude *.r6* --exclude *.r7* --exclude *.r8* --exclude *.r9* --exclude *sample* --exclude *trailer* --exclude *.sfv --allow-other dediseedbox: /mnt/disks/handbrakemount &

If I could just trouble you one last time for any advice/example/anything! to help me add watch folders so I do not have to have multiple instances of the docker running I would really appreciate it!!

Again, Thanks! 🙂

In fact all you need to do is map the "/watch2" folder of the container:

• Edit the container.
  • Add a new "Path":
    • Set the host path to where you want your second watch folder.
    • Set the container path to "/watch2".
  • Apply settings.

At this point, files you put in this new watch folder should be processed with default settings.  If you want to customize the watch folder, you need to add variables.  For example, if you want to set the preset to use:

• Add a new "Variable":
    • Set the name and key to "AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_PRESET_2".
    • Set the value to the name of the preset you want to use.
  • Apply settings.

You can repeat the same operations with a third watch folder.  The path to map would be "/watch3".

The name of the variables to use can be found at https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake#multiple-watch-folders.  All you need to do is append "_2" for the watch folder 2, "_3" for the watch folder 3, etc.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, samladin86 said:

Thanks Djoss for the help

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

Are you sure you are in the right thread?  This is not the template for this container...

Which one are you using?  This thread is for the "jesage/handbrake" one.

You can get to the correct support thread for any docker by clicking on its icon in the webUI and selecting Support.

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

In fact all you need to do is map the "/watch2" folder of the container:

• Edit the container.
  • Add a new "Path":
    • Set the host path to where you want your second watch folder.
    • Set the container path to "/watch2".
  • Apply settings.

At this point, files you put in this new watch folder should be processed with default settings.  If you want to customize the watch folder, you need to add variables.  For example, if you want to set the preset to use:

• Add a new "Variable":
    • Set the name and key to "AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_PRESET_2".
    • Set the value to the name of the preset you want to use.
  • Apply settings.

You can repeat the same operations with a third watch folder.  The path to map would be "/watch3".

The name of the variables to use can be found at https://github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake#multiple-watch-folders.  All you need to do is append "_2" for the watch folder 2, "_3" for the watch folder 3, etc.

Thanks @Djoss Can I ask if it is possible to have multiple output folders as well or just the single one specified in the template? I only use automatic converting.

Edited by mbc0
25 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Thanks @Djoss Can I ask if it is possible to have multiple output folders as well or just the single one specified in the template? I only use automatic converting.

You can set the AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_OUTPUT_SUBDIR_2 variable to put all the converted videos into a different subfolder of the output folder.

• Like 1
On 3/9/2019 at 2:07 PM, mbc0 said:
2 minutes ago, Djoss said:

You can set the AUTOMATED_CONVERSION_OUTPUT_SUBDIR_2 variable to put all the converted videos into a different subfolder of the output folder.

Unfortunately Plex will still pick that up, I have /handbrake/movies/ 

so anything under that Plex will pick up.  It is not really an issue, I can use the multiple watch folders for movies and another docker for TV so al should work quite nicely although seperate output folders per watch folder would be great if it ever happened!

6 hours ago, Djoss said:

Are you sure you are in the right thread?  This is not the template for this container...

Which one are you using?  This thread is for the "jesage/handbrake" one.

Thanks for the answer sir I was working with the wrong docker installed the correct one and  working like a charm thanks for pointing something obvious that i was missing.

I first like to say, thanks for Djoss for a great docker. but sayign that I have a few questions.

I have follow this website  Handbrake  

I have set up a role that all my handbrake output files are to be MKA format within my handbrake docker as this is going to my default.

but I would like to know is how to excluded any unwanted files which I don't want converting like a already MKA file ?

I also like to know how I can monitor the progress of a converting file which I have place in the watch folder, as when I go to handbrake and click on queue or activity, it is not clear on want file it is doing.

and lastly, how can I limit the amount of CPU usage the docker use when it is converting.

9 hours ago, chris_netsmart said:

but I would like to know is how to excluded any unwanted files which I don't want converting like a already MKA file ?

MKA?  Do you mean MKV?

I also like to know how I can monitor the progress of a converting file which I have place in the watch folder, as when I go to handbrake and click on queue or activity, it is not clear on want file it is doing.

You can see the progress in the container's log.  On the Docker page, click the icon in the last column.

and lastly, how can I limit the amount of CPU usage the docker use when it is converting.

See this

• Upvote 1