UnRaid - the right system for me?

Hi,

I am reading now a couple of days about UnRaid and it looks very interesting for me but I am not sure how I could implement it in my environment.

So something about my current environment:

I have seperated my homelan into two VLANs: 

LAN and DMZ

In the DMZ I have a HP MicroServer N40L. This server is exposed to the internet via Port 80 and 443 for HTTP and HTTPS. On this server I am running several Webservices - the most important one is OwnCloud.

In my LAN I have now since a couple of days multiple servers running:

1x RPi3 for PiHole and Unifi Controller

1x RPi3 for Media Server with 2 external Harddisks

1x Odroid C2 for LibreElec

Now it already happend that the RPi3 for the MediaServer was to slow for EmbyTranscoding so I moved Emby to my Server in the DMZ. WIth all the Firewall Rules between the LAN and DMZ I think the concept of DMZ is obsolet.

So I have now 2 possibilities:

1) Buy another Server (e.g. HP MicroServer Gen8) for LAN for all internal Services (Unify Controller, Emby, minidlna, PiHole, Proxy, in future maybe TVHEadend,...) and keep the Server in DMZ for OwnCLoud. Here I have two big disadvantages: 1st I need a second 24/7 Server and I still need a Server with a lot of storage in the DMZ for Owncloud.

2) Buy another Server (e.g. HP MicroServer Gen8) for LAN and migrate all Services from DMZ to LAN. Keep only 80 and 443 exposed to WAN (all other Services only via VPN). Keep the old Micro Server as Backup Hardware.

Maybe a third option would be to but some Services via Dockers and VLAN to the DMZ but I am not sure if this really makes sense...

What do you think?

Br,

Johannes

Edited by ebnerjoh