[RESOLVED] Intel Raid/Backplane RMS25PB080 Issue

Thanks for the help with the USB issue, it is booting on old USB and booting up.

I have an Intel RMS25PB080 Raid card. I am 99.99% certain this is causing the ability of unRAID not able to see my drives, as when I boot into the RAID card bios, it reads the cards (well some).

After looking through the wiki I did NOT find this card as "cross flashable" however after searching, https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/lsi-raid-controller-and-hba-complete-listing-plus-oem-models.599/

I found it to be a LSI SAS2208 based Controllers. Which from the wiki IS compatible.

I went into the intel raid bios and disabled "controller bios" but it still is taking charge of the drives not allowing a true passthrough. 

What are some steps I can do to get this to work with this raid card? As of right now, I am about ready to just buy some breakout cables to go from the controller card (hot swap) to the motherboard, but it will eliminate the total number of drives I will be able to connect so I am hoping that it is just a setting or a quick update I can perform on the card to make it work with unRAID.

Definitely need some assistance with this one, thanks!

EDIT: RESOLVED = Remove the Card from the motherboard, Even with nothing connecting to it, mobo still wanted to use the card cause it was connected.

Edited by Nyghthawk

Question: My next question is, I have 4 SSD drives for cache, it should be 1TB total, unless it parities the drives then should be 756GB, but its only 500gb, is this by design?

Next:

Johnnie.Black

I had tried searching the site for everything related to the SAS2208 AND my particular Backplane (RMS25PB080) and could find nothing, not even really "Trouble", more or less that it didnt WORK..

I tried even Backplane, Reverse SAS to Sata ports. Nothing would work.

Then i got the bright idea.

Use the RMS25PB080, setup EACH drive in its own drive, so itll pass it to the host that its THERE.

loaded up unRaid and it saw EACH drive. The question is, is this ASKING for trouble?

here is what it looks like

461b654490.png

It isn't the "easiest" to use. If I add or remove a disk, I have to know which drive corresponds to which drive.

I have to fully boot down the system, install the drive, go to the raid bios controller setup, initialize the disk, put it in its own drive disk, so itll pass it on to unraid.

Load the system and then the drive is there.

My next question is, I have 4 SSD drives for cache, it should be 1TB total, unless it parities the drives then should be 756GB, but its only 500gb, is this by design?

EDIT 2: Update, since my dumbass couldn't bypass the Raid controller that was giving me problems with the Breakout cables, I used Ockhams Razor, Remove the $#%#$% card. System utilized my breakout cables, no issues.!!!!!!!!!

Up and running!

now reading disks properly with TEMPS!

2fba9c8384.png

Edited by Nyghthawk