Avahi causing WebUI to be slow

Hello all,

After updating to 6.3.4 the WebUI became incredibly slow (minutes between page loads) and I can no longer access my shares through the local network. Reboot and Powerdown buttons do not work not with syslog saying "shutdown failed".

In syslog this blocks of code are repeating every minute, and I am sure that's what is slowing things down.

May 24 20:03:02 TOWER emhttp: shcmd (587): /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidaemon start |& logger
May 24 20:03:02 TOWER root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon:  /usr/sbin/avahi-daemon -D
May 24 20:03:22 TOWER root: Timeout reached while wating for return value
May 24 20:03:22 TOWER root: Could not receive return value from daemon process.
May 24 20:03:22 TOWER emhttp: shcmd (588): /etc/rc.d/rc.avahidnsconfd start |& logger
May 24 20:03:22 TOWER root: Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD DNS Server Configuration Daemon:  /usr/sbin/avahi-dnsconfd -D
May 24 20:03:22 TOWER avahi-dnsconfd[17738]: connect(): No such file or directory
May 24 20:03:22 TOWER avahi-dnsconfd[17738]: Failed to connect to the daemon. This probably means that you
May 24 20:03:22 TOWER avahi-dnsconfd[17738]: didn't start avahi-daemon before avahi-dnsconfd.

I have searched the forums and the only thing I have found that is similar is this post.

Here are the outputs of a few commands that might help clarify my situation.

> grep avahi /boot/config/passwd

> grep avahi  /etc/passwd 

avahi:x:61:214:Avahi Daemon User:/dev/null:/bin/false
avahi-autoipd:x:62:62:Avahi AutoIP Daemon User:/dev/null:/bin/false

> grep avahi /etc/shadow

> grep avahi /boot/config/shadow

avahi:!:14980:0:99999:7:::
avahi-autoipd:!:14980:0:99999:7:::

ps aux | grep avahi  

outputs nothing

If anybody has any advice or suggestions please share. Also, if you need any more information from me just let me know

Edited by descoladan
Added ps aux | grep avahi
  • 3 weeks later...