windows10 - no network - unraid6.3

Hello Guys,

I am planning to use the unraid box as a htpc by installing win10 VM. Currently I do not have a video card in it. To be able to play sound on the TV via cdmi cable, can I just throw in the cheapest GPU available (currently 1G R5-230 Asus or 1G GT710 Gigabyte )?

Also my windows VM does not show any network connection, I have tried both virbr0 and br0 network bridge. The br0 option works fine with another centOS VM on the same computer.

Thanks

You will be able to pass through either of those GPUs.

Click on the info button on your unRAID web ui. For passthrough to work you will need to see both hvm and iommu enabled.

5926815284e6b_ScreenShot2017-05-25at07_49_18.png.3f9f064e4100a0815fab3b0f283ac4e4.png

If these are not enabled you will need to check your hardware to see if your CPU supports vtd or amd equivalent.

If it does and you see above this isnt enabled. Then make sure all virtualisation options are enabled in your motherboard bios.

Regarding your lack of network connection, I would guess you have not installed the virtual network adaptor windows drivers from the VirtIO Drivers ISO.

Once this is installed it will work fine. It works in centOS as these drivers are built into all Linux distros.

Edited by gridrunner

I was able to get the network running. Also I do have HVM and IOMMU enabled. I am able to passthrough the GT 710 fine (I think!!!), but in device manager I see a yellow triangle(screenshot attached) and code 43 and I do not see any video output. LibreElec however works fine and displays video. I have tried installing drivers multiple times in windows10 but no go. Please help!!!

htpc.JPG

update - I got the video running but I am getting some real bad stutter on any videos I play. Even youtube stutters bad. What could be causing that?

I am running a i3-6100 and 2 cores assigned to windows10 VM with 4 gb memory assigned. The video card I have is 1gb version of GT 710.

Thanks