unRAID OS version 6.3.5 Stable Release Available

Upgrade Instructions

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.  If the new version does not appear, you can manually update by selecting the Install Plugin tab, paste this URL and click Install:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/unRAIDServer/master/unRAIDServer.plg

Alternately the release may be Downloaded.  In this case it is usually only necessary to copy all the bz* files from the compressed folder to the root of your USB flash boot device.

Please also read the unRAID OS version 6 Upgrade Notes for answers to common issues that may arise following upgrade.

Changes

This is a bug fix and security update release.

Base distro:

• samba: 4.5.10 (CVE-2017-7494)

Linux kernel:

• version 4.9.30

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, pavel.b said:

Upgrade went well, the system runs after a restart, however, the OpenVPN Server Plugin (peter_sm) stop working.

The path to store Server, Clients config files and the Easyrsa V3 do not exist anymore.

The path was:

/root/vpn

So I moved the new configuration to:

/mnt/user/appdata/vpn

Thanks for the update.

You need to store the config in a place that is not in memory. Every time unraid boots it unpacks the filsystem to the memory. 

Your new path will survive a reboot. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, saarg said:

You need to store the config in a place that is not in memory. Every time unraid boots it unpacks the filsystem to the memory. 

Your new path will survive a reboot. 

Can you be more specific, please?

Which path is a memory one?

Give me an example of safe path.

@pavel.b any path you specified that is NOT /mnt/disk#/ or /mnt/user/ or /mnt/cache/ or /boot/ is NOT persistent and will be wiped out on reboots.

Note: /var/lib/docker/ is a special loopback mounted path and is contained inside of the docker.img file itself.

Edited by BRiT
  • Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, Kir said:

Upgraded no problem, cache drive stayed in its place this time 9_9

Noticed 2 errors in syslog: "May 27 10:36:19 Storage root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token"

Diag attached:

storage-diagnostics-20170527-1045.zip

When you reboot from the GUI and leave the page open, this will generate the above error messages due to the active polling in the background until the new GUI is fully loaded. Harmless.

• Upvote 1

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried updating through the plugins. I've tried inputting the URL into the manual install. I've even tried copying the new bz* files over onto the flash drive. Nothing allows me to upgrade from 6.3.2.

Any ideas?

1 minute ago, drogg said:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried updating through the plugins. I've tried inputting the URL into the manual install. I've even tried copying the new bz* files over onto the flash drive. Nothing allows me to upgrade from 6.3.2.

Any ideas?

Did you reboot?  If you did reboot, please tell exactly what you did.

Second thought, when you copied over the bz* files to the Flash Drive, did you agree to overwrite the the files that were already there?    Also, take a look at the bz* files on the Flash Drive and make sure that they have a date in the past couple of days. 

Just a heads up in case anyone else encounters this... I upgraded to 6.3.5 today and all of a sudden my unRAID CPU (Celeron G1610) usage shot up to 100% and the system load skyrocketed as well. Upon investigating, I saw that my smbd process was consuming all the CPU. Thankfully, I experienced a very similar issue recently on my FreeNAS box.

It seems that Ubuntu 16.04 VMs (mine are on ESXi) mount smb shares default to v1.0 which has problems connecting to FreeNAS/unRAID smbd and causes high CPU/Load on the NAS.

Like with the FreeNAS issue, I specified version 2.1 in my /ets/fstab mounts and as soon as I re-mounted, my CPU/Load on unRAID dropped to normal levels.

Hope this helps someone. I have not seen any negative results of specifying version 2.1, but welcome any discussion as to why this is happening.

Thanks.

Edited by BrianAz
added CPU spec