unRAID OS version 6.3.5 Stable Release Available

Went from 6.2 to 6.3.2 then to 6.3.5 using the "Check for Update" on the "Plugins" tab and now my unRaid server keeps locking up.  When I reboot the server I can access the web interface.  At first I thought it was only locking up when I would start the array.  This last time I rebooted the server I just let it sit for 3-5 minutes without starting the array and I lost connection to the web interface.  when I went to see if I could logon to the console the cursor is blinking but I am unable to type anything at the console.  Below are the specs of my server

Mobo: TZ68A+

CPU: 2600K

RAM 8GB

SSD/HDD

Cache: Samsung EVO 750 - 500GB SSD

Parity: WD Red 2TB

HDD1: WD Red 2TB

HDD2: WD Green 1TB

Any help would be appreciated.

Having issues since updating also. Twice now I've lost access to the server and can only get a ping reply. I have a win7vm running that responds to an rdp request but just gives me a black screen. I can't access the Web console or ssh in so not sure how I can get logs as all I can do now is force a restart. 

8 hours ago, malcolm226 said:

Went from 6.2 to 6.3.2 then to 6.3.5 using the "Check for Update" on the "Plugins" tab and now my unRaid server keeps locking up.  When I reboot the server I can access the web interface.  At first I thought it was only locking up when I would start the array.  This last time I rebooted the server I just let it sit for 3-5 minutes without starting the array and I lost connection to the web interface.  when I went to see if I could logon to the console the cursor is blinking but I am unable to type anything at the console.  Below are the specs of my server

Mobo: TZ68A+

CPU: 2600K

RAM 8GB

SSD/HDD

Cache: Samsung EVO 750 - 500GB SSD

Parity: WD Red 2TB

HDD1: WD Red 2TB

HDD2: WD Green 1TB

Any help would be appreciated.

First thing after bootup, go to  'Tools'   >>>>>     'Diagnostics'   That will generate the diagnostics file.  Upload that with your next post. 

If that doesn't work.  Open up the server and see that all fans are running and there is not an accumulation of dust and dirt in air intakes, CPU cooler, etc.  See if   memtst  (choice on Bootup  menu) will run.  If it does let it run for twenty-four hours. 

Anyone else notice a sluggish GUI now?  Transitioning from tab to tab is incredibly slow compared to pre-6.3.5.  Dockers are running fine without any regression.

I attached a diagnostics just in case.  I understand a questions as broad as this could be attributed to many things outside of the update, but the timing was spot on, prompting this post to see if others have experienced a similar setback.

M/B: Supermicro - X9DRi-LN4+/X9DR3-LN4+
CPU: Dual Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 64 GB 
Cache: 64 GB SSD
Parity: WD Red 3GB
Array 1: WD Red 3GB
Array 2: WD Red 3GB
Array 3: WD Blue 3GB

unraid-diagnostics-20170604-1036.zip

Edited by Living Legend
56 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

Anyone else notice a sluggish GUI now?

Do you have an adblocker or antivirus or firewall software running? These are known to interfere with the GUI, make sure the GUI is whitelisted or exlcuded from processing.

I have attached the diagnostic files.  I left my server off all night and booted it up this morning.  I was able to start the array and it has been running a parity check for about 20 minutes now.  I had some problems with my system locking up every day or 2 for months up until a couple weeks ago when I replaced the memory.  Which seems to have fixed the problem.  If the parity check completes I will run a memtest.  I have had this server running for about a year now with no problems other than the locking up that was fixed by the memory swap out as previously mentioned.  The lockup last night happened immediately after the 6.3.2 update.  I was hoping when I updated to 6.3.5 it would fix it but it didn't.  The server is spotless, fans are working and they filters are clean.

unraidserver-diagnostics-20170604-0921.zip

3 hours ago, bonienl said:

Do you have an adblocker or antivirus or firewall software running? These are known to interfere with the GUI, make sure the GUI is whitelisted or exlcuded from processing.

Nada.  It's weird.  Still works.  Just sluggish.  Little things like the images take forever to load up.  Even the green triangles and red squares signifying starting or stopped on dockers.  Everything just takes a while to transition from page to page, and it all happened at immediately after the most recent update.

system has been fine for me on 6.3.5.

those that are having slow gui..  have you tried using another browser? see if the issue is repeatable.

also, check unraid box to see whats going on.. high cpu? high disk io? high networking traffic?

Just now, pckillmac said:

I had to press the power button to force it to power off, the cmd line wouldn't respond either to do a shutdown.

Oh, so your logs are from the following boot? My logs show no errors, but so far I've had 2 complete lock ups since upgrading whereas before it's been rock solid.

6 minutes ago, allanp81 said:

Oh, so your logs are from the following boot? My logs show no errors, but so far I've had 2 complete lock ups since upgrading whereas before it's been rock solid.

The logs are once the system booted, I have a keyboard and monitor attached to the system directly and the terminal would not respond just a blinking cursor. Mine has locked up twice since Saturday when I did the upgrade. It seems to happen if the system sits idle, right now its speedy even doing a parity check and the web interface is working ok too.

Edited by pckillmac

mine went again last night, can't do anything other than force it off and on again. Seem to have gone from a 100% rock solid stable server to a server that only lasts a few days before locking up again.

Each time it's happened it's been overnight so last time I moved the mover task to a totally different time to see if it was that but that hasn't stopped it.

Logs attached.

downloadbox-diagnostics-20170606-0756.zip

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I've updated from 6.3.4 to 6.3.5.

Now i can't seem to pass through the primary gpu to a vm. I also noticed that the indicator of the keyboard doesn't light up, wich could mean the VM has some kind of initializing issue.

If i pass my second gpu through to the same vm, with same settings, it starts up properly.

I am having similar issues as those reported in this thread. Rock solid for the last three months until the latest update from 6.3.4  to 6.3.5. I've had two "lock ups", both overnight. The first time I had no access at all, so I had to power off with the power button. The second time, this morning, I can access the shares through my macbook, but I can't access the GUI. Any suggestions on how I can do a clean restart? Is there any way to revert back to 6.3.4?

6 hours ago, dinevz said:

I am having similar issues as those reported in this thread. Rock solid for the last three months until the latest update from 6.3.4  to 6.3.5. I've had two "lock ups", both overnight. The first time I had no access at all, so I had to power off with the power button. The second time, this morning, I can access the shares through my macbook, but I can't access the GUI. Any suggestions on how I can do a clean restart? Is there any way to revert back to 6.3.4?

I was talking to a friend about it who also runs Unraid and we thought maybe it was my SMB share via the unassigned drives plugin. Since I disabled that I haven't had another lock up. Are you running the same?

I upgraded to 6.3.5 and have been unable to connect to my server via SSH or via the browser UI with all shares not working. Strangely the only thing that works is my MacOS VM through VGA passthrough that I have setup to automatically launch. I can't do anything else. I can't even see the UI if I plug a monitor to it. Any idea how I can solve this? First upgrade that's gone wrong.

2 minutes ago, mafoster said:

I can't even see the UI if I plug a monitor to it.

You'll only see this if you have the server set to start in GUI mode.

Do you see the login prompt?  Login as root (or if in GUI mode, select Command Prompt from the icon in the bottom left) and then type in diagnostics and post the resulting file.

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

You'll only see this if you have the server set to start in GUI mode.

Do you see the login prompt?  Login as root (or if in GUI mode, select Command Prompt from the icon in the bottom left) and then type in diagnostics and post the resulting file.

Hi Squid, you are are right, I forgot I had to do this at boot. I have managed to login in GUI mode but it appears to not be connected to not be connect to the network and/or internet despite not showing any noticeable errors. Any idea?

Also took the plunge and updated from 6.1.9 to 6.3.5 mainly because of the wanacry risk.

I'm running virtualized unraid on supermicro X9SCM platform since forever.  Running ESXi 6.0.0

I also had the slow UI issue in addition to my /boot/config become read-only.  Turns out this was due to the USB 1-1 ESXi reset issue.  Using the workaround of doing a passthrough of a second USB stick/device to my unraid VM resolved this issue.  The USB 1-1 reset message is gone and the UI is much snappier.

But I still have a strange issue with dynamix.  After doing 'apply' in the UI, the UI redirects to /update.htm and then ends up on /undefined page with 404 Not Found.  Re-loading http://host/ brings the UI back.  I already removed /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plg and rebooted.  Other than this behaviour, the server seems to work ok.