[Solved] Nzbget slows down whole sytem

I'm having a problem with both Nzbget and Sabnzbd. I'm using my SSD as a cache drive, I download all my files to my cache drive. The downloads starts at max speed, but after a while it drops to half the speed, and I can't locate the error. Any tips?

Edit: Checked out "top" now, the IO Wait value is between 60-100 for 3-4 of my threads. I have a Ryzen 1600 with 16GB RAM.

tower-diagnostics-20170528-1300.zip

Edit2: Tried the Nzbget plugin, same results. Also, Sonarr, Radarr and the unRAID web GUI gets slower when downloading.

Edit3: Looks like my SSD firmware was old, updated it. Everything works as it should now with Ubuntu, going to try unRAID again later.

Edited by wayller

I have now checked my SSD with 3 extended self-tests, done a read-check on my array, and I can't find anything wrong. I have one Uncorrectable error count, but the tests can't find anything wrong, and the value hasn't increased.

What's the next step to troubleshoot this problem? I've tried to disable my cache drive and download/unpack everything to my array. Same result. I'll try unRAID trough my trial period, but if I can't find out what's wrong I'll have to go back to Debian again. I can't direct play from Plex when downloading, everything gets really slow.

• 1 year later...