[Solved] New disk refusing to add

Hi guys,

I'm attempting to add a precleared disk to the array. I've shut the server down, installed the disk and restarted. The disk is detected and shows up in the "unassigned devices' tab in the gui. I stop the array, go to the array devices tab and select the drive from the dropdown next to the next available disk slot (disk 5 in my case). The gui then refreshes however the disk 5 slot now just shows 'unassigned" and the "unassigned devices" tab has now vanished. If I bring the array back online disk 5 is not added. I have tried 2 different disks now and tried different physical slots in the server, in each case the same behaviour occurs.

Any suggestions?

I've attached a syslog that covers everything from starting from a power off state through to attempting to add the disk and then restarting the array even though the disk has not been added. The disk I am attempting to add as disk 5 is this one: WD-WCC4N0XTC0XH.

Thanks in advance.

syslog.txt

Edited by ash.881