Upgrade to 6

I've been out of the Unraid game for about 4 years and so has my server. 

I turned it on today and now showing a faulty drive, which is weird because it was working perfectly before and it's been stored safely.

I want to use Plex, but it looks like mine is out of date now. I guess what should I do at this point? How to treat this drive and upgrade to a fresh clean install of v6?

Once that is done, how do I install apps? Thanks =)

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 11.27.39 PM.png

Do you have any idea what the state of your parity drive is?     If you're confident parity is good (too late to do a check since you have a failed drive); then I'd replace the faulty drive and let the replacement rebuild -- THEN do the update to v6 after that's complete.

If you're not sure, you could still do that; but be sure you carefully look at the files on disk 6 when it's done to confirm they're good [Preferably comparing them to your backups if your data is backed up].

If you don't have anything on disk 6 that you need [You can look at the drive even with it failed, since it will be reconstructed from the other disks in the array], then you can skip the replace/rebuild for now, and just do a new v6 configuration using all of the other drives (but NOT #6).   Just be sure you assign the correct drive as parity and as your cache; and then let the system do a parity sync ... and you'll then have a functioning v6 system.     If you do that, be sure you save your key file before you reformat the flash drive and load v6 => then you need to put the key file back on the flash drive before you boot to v6.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply. I am running that now. Hopefully goes quickly.

Before I was able to access the individual disks by doing smb \\192.168.1.200\disk1 (or maybe it was \mnt\disk1 - can't remember now)

Is this still possible? Nothing shows up expect my folder shares. Seems I cant access any of the individual drives or cache drive.

Feeling super rusty, I used to be good at this!

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 9.07.29 PM.png

Edited by sdballer