Trying to pass through AMD GPU with AMD CPU and no other GPU on system.

Hi guys,

I've been using unraid for quite a while now, just as a media server with plex, sonarr, etc. Now I'm looking to reduce the amount of hardware under my desk, and I want to have a VM running windows tied to my server that can access my steam games and have full GPU access. The problem is that I have only one graphics chip in the entire system. I've looked around and found that it's possible, but no one really tells you how to accomplish it or how to resolve issues. 

Here's my setup:

AMD FX 6300 (Six Core)

16GB Ram

Radeon HD 7750

Approx 11.5 TB storage across 6 drives. (mix and match) 

My mother board is this: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/

So, I've tried to get it working before, but the screen just goes blank instead of loading windows. (Goes Nowhere, Does Nothing.)

Help? (also if I need to give more info, please tell me. I'm so dim to this I don't know what I don't know.)

I haven't tried this with your exact hardware setup but, 

You need to sideload the vBIOS (firmware that runs on the GPU). I have only been able to dump this with another GPU in the main slot (found out how here on the forums). You can find the bios online, but all of those I've tried has not been clean dumps and they didn't work.

When you have the vBIOS dump and everything set up correctly you can add <rom file='/boot/vbios.rom'/> to your xml. You can find more instructions here on the forums.