Random Crashes with Ryzen. Worried about hardware.

Mojo Ryzen

Hi All, I've been searching for about a month for an answer to my random crashes in Unraid, basically since I started my trial period, but I've found nothing. I've had random crashes with no resolve. I started on v 6.3.3 then upgraded to v 6.3.4. I am at the end of my trial period and I'm up in the air about buying the product if I can't fix these random crashes. I've tried Fix Common Problems repeatedly with only a "potential hardware problem" message. I've seen in my syslog "mcelog AMD Processor family 23: mcelog does not support this processor. Please use the edac_mce_amd_module instead". I've taken my server apart and put it back together more than once, tested all the connections, etc. I've been up for as long as 5 days or as short as a few hours. 

I've attached a syslog from before a random crash on 5/26/17. I also have a diagnostic file from earlier in the month that might provide some insight. 

I'm running Ryzen 1700 with Gigabyte GA-AB350M Gaming 3 Micro ATX AM4 mobo, additional parts listed in the link below:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VqPMgL

Any help that anyone can provide will be very much appreciated. I really love Unraid but it's hard to use it when it's always crashing.

tower-syslog-20170526-2320.zip

tower-diagnostics-20170512-1012.zip

I read through many, many pages but not all 19+ pages, I followed a lot of what u/Pauven was saying because he seemed to have similar problems, I tried some of his fixes to no avail. You had a lot of good advice too (thanks for looking at my problems) but nothing has worked yet. Should I just buckle down and read it all? Does my Syslog help at all? 

Thanks! Started reading it from the beginning this morning.

My real worry is that I have a bad piece of hardware - CPU or something else. When I try and boot into the BIOS, the monitor has the intro graphics, then flashes the BIOS screen for a second, then goes black. Might be something wrong with the monitor but maybe not, seems to work fine otherwise. Can't update any BIOS settings since I can't boot into it. 

I hate troubleshooting sometimes. 

8 hours ago, Mojo Ryzen said:

When I try and boot into the BIOS, the monitor has the intro graphics, then flashes the BIOS screen for a second, then goes black.

I've seen similar issues when the timing requested doesn't match what the monitor is capable of. Try a different screen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 7:20 AM, Mojo Ryzen said:

When I try and boot into the BIOS, the monitor has the intro graphics, then flashes the BIOS screen for a second, then goes black

10 minutes ago, jaguarlee27xx said:

YOU ARE MISSING A VIDEO CARD

Then what is running the display before it goes black?

I figured out I needed a video card during my initial build in March.

My monitor was bad and I bought a new one and was able to get into the BIOS. I was running an old version of it and updated it. The update allowed me to turn off the Global C State control as recommended in the main Ryzen thread. My server has been running for a few days now without any issues, hopefully it continues.

Archived