Solved - Moving disks - failing drive

Sorry about the noobish question - just recently got into unraid.

My current setup is two, 2tb drives and a single 8tb. 2-2-8

Disk 1, (2tb) is throwing read errors. All 3 disks have data written, and i haven't gathered enough drives to start parity. My end goal is 8-8/8-8 in parity.

Is there a way to purge disk 1 to disk 3 (8tb) - basically a way to prepare removal of disk 1 completely?

I've read on other posts (mostly all from unraid 5), that i could use a 'mover' utility, but I don't want to risk simply overwriting everything or losing access to what I already have on the 8tb drive currently or lose read access to what is 'moved'.

I don't have anything really important on the drives, just a lot of data; too much to just start over with :/

Just a little unsure about what i've searched, not exactly sure how to search for what i'm looking to do.

I'm okay with terminal and know linux fairly well - enough to get around.

Thanks folks :)

Edited by jonfive
1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

At the console you can use mc or just command line cp, mv or rsync to move the contents of /mnt/disk1 to /mnt/disk3. I'd actually recommend copying instead of moving, marginally less stress on the failing drive, since moving involves writing new TOC entries on the source drive.

Okay, that's what I've read in other posts.

So as long as the data exists on any of the drives, it'll find it when it's spun back up at drive removal and not 'freak out'?

I don't have anything that points to a particular disk, just shares.