[support] dlandon - ownCloud

13 hours ago, dlandon said:

It is recommended that you do the update manually.  Read the second post on the procedure.

Thanks, I stepped through this and its updated now.  Having the auto update working would be good if its something possible to do for the future.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, RedXon said:

Since some last update I have an error when I want to connect to the owncloud. 

I get Error 400 - Bad Request, regardless of what PHP Version I select. I tried version 7.2, 7.3 or 7.4.

Does anyone know what the issue could be here?

I don't think that is a php issue.  Look at the container log and see if there is an indication there of what is happening.

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately not really. I get this in my logs at startup, which doesn't seem that strange to me. After this it's conly the cron repeated with nothing else. 

May 12 02:20:24 1c9933409ffc cron[592]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
May 12 02:20:24 1c9933409ffc cron[592]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs)
210512 02:20:24 mysqld_safe Logging to '/config/database/1c9933409ffc.err'.
210512 02:20:24 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/database
May 12 02:25:24 1c9933409ffc mariadb: Upgrading databases...
May 12 02:25:24 1c9933409ffc mariadb: This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 10.3.29-MariaDB, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
May 12 02:30:01 1c9933409ffc CRON[994]: (root) CMD (/sbin/setuser abc php /config/www/owncloud/occ system:cron &>/dev/null)
May 12 02:39:01 1c9933409ffc CRON[1005]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php/sessionclean ] && if [ ! -d /run/systemd/system ]; then /usr/lib/php/sessionclean; fi)

Only thing I can think of is that it's some issue with my SWAG/Letsencrypt reverse proxy configuration, but I haven't changed anything in there, and all my other proxies still work. It still worked a few days ago, in fact the last sync action I had successfully was on the 7th of may. Because yes, also on my owncloud destkop app I get 400: Bad request (which is to be expected, as it also uses HTTP as a protocol I think). So unfortunately I have no idea what might have broken it. 

I have only my domain through the proxy as trusted domains, so I can't connect via local connection. I think I'll add the local IP to my trusted domains and try to access directly via the local IP and report back...

Edit: in fact, yes. The issue lies with my reverse proxy it seems. All other sites still work but I get 400 with owncloud. Local connection to the IP works. Was there any change which needs a change in the reverse proxy conf?

Edited by RedXon
8 hours ago, RedXon said:

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately not really. I get this in my logs at startup, which doesn't seem that strange to me. After this it's conly the cron repeated with nothing else. 

May 12 02:20:24 1c9933409ffc cron[592]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
May 12 02:20:24 1c9933409ffc cron[592]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs)
210512 02:20:24 mysqld_safe Logging to '/config/database/1c9933409ffc.err'.
210512 02:20:24 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/database
May 12 02:25:24 1c9933409ffc mariadb: Upgrading databases...
May 12 02:25:24 1c9933409ffc mariadb: This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 10.3.29-MariaDB, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
May 12 02:30:01 1c9933409ffc CRON[994]: (root) CMD (/sbin/setuser abc php /config/www/owncloud/occ system:cron &>/dev/null)
May 12 02:39:01 1c9933409ffc CRON[1005]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php/sessionclean ] && if [ ! -d /run/systemd/system ]; then /usr/lib/php/sessionclean; fi)

Only thing I can think of is that it's some issue with my SWAG/Letsencrypt reverse proxy configuration, but I haven't changed anything in there, and all my other proxies still work. It still worked a few days ago, in fact the last sync action I had successfully was on the 7th of may. Because yes, also on my owncloud destkop app I get 400: Bad request (which is to be expected, as it also uses HTTP as a protocol I think). So unfortunately I have no idea what might have broken it. 

I have only my domain through the proxy as trusted domains, so I can't connect via local connection. I think I'll add the local IP to my trusted domains and try to access directly via the local IP and report back...

Edit: in fact, yes. The issue lies with my reverse proxy it seems. All other sites still work but I get 400 with owncloud. Local connection to the IP works. Was there any change which needs a change in the reverse proxy conf?

Not that I know of.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I give up. I need help.

I have installed the docker. Everything fine. Now I'm trying to access it via NginxProxyManager. I have set up the host to redirect to https, 192.168.x.x, port 443, using a letsencrypt certificate. Works like a charm for literally every docker apart from this one. Worked for nextcloud flawlessly, but I got fed up with Nextcloud when it decided to die again after an update and turned out impossible to fix, because of this or that. Nevermind.

when I access locally with an IP - https://myip - everything is cool.

As soon as I try to access via myhost.example.com - it redirects to either https://_ or https://_/login

Here's my config.php:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'filelocking.enabled' => true,
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' =>
  array (
    'host' => '/var/run/redis/redis-server.sock',
    'port' => 0,
    'timeout' => 0.0,
  ),
  'instanceid' => 'blablabla',
  'passwordsalt' => 'blablabla',
  'secret' => 'blablabla',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.210',
    1 => 'nextcloud.example.com',
    2 => 'owncloud.example.com',
  ),
  'trusted_proxies' =>
  array (
  0 => '192.168.0.209',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://example.com',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '10.7.0.4',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'owncloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'fancydatabasepass',
  'logtimezone' => 'UTC',
  'apps_paths' =>
  array (
    0 =>
    array (
      'path' => '/config/www/owncloud/apps',
      'url' => '/apps',
      'writable' => false,
    ),
    1 =>
    array (
      'path' => '/config/www/owncloud/apps-external',
      'url' => '/apps-external',
      'writable' => true,
    ),
  ),
  'installed' => true,
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_from_address' => 'mylogin',
  'mail_domain' => 'gmail.com',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtphost' => 'smtp.gmail.com',
  'mail_smtpport' => '465',
  'mail_smtpname' => 'mylogin',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'mypass',

);

The result is https://_ - as on the attached picture.
Some time ago when I switched to http it seemed to work, the only problem was - I was able to see the owncloud interface, but the files would not load at all. The second I switched to local IP - works like a charm. Sooo yes, It technically could be the NginxProxyManager docker screwing things up. But it works for literally everything else, and it did work for nextcloud as well. Please help guys, I don't know what to do anymore.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-07-13 035233.png

Zrzut ekranu 2021-07-13 035752.png

Zrzut ekranu 2021-07-13 035915.png

By the way, on the other server I am taking care of, this docker just randomly reset itself to zero today. I mean it just displayed the installation wizard when I tried to log in today. Everything lost. Luckily the files are not encrypted on the array. This should have warnings that it's broken or something. Or be pulled out completely.

And I thought nextcloud was bad...

2 hours ago, jazzgott said:

By the way, on the other server I am taking care of, this docker just randomly reset itself to zero today. I mean it just displayed the installation wizard when I tried to log in today. Everything lost. Luckily the files are not encrypted on the array. This should have warnings that it's broken or something. Or be pulled out completely.

And I thought nextcloud was bad...

Sounds like a hardware failure.

From my ca. 8 year experience qith owncloud and nextcloud, that's what they're both best at.

Since moving from standalone ubuntu servers to unraid - all nextcloud dockers are broken. They either self destruct after an upgrade, power loss and reboot and are impossible to restore. The last one because the server rebooted while I think the upgrade package was downloaded but not initiated and the instance had some stupid issue with the notification app. The error prevented the upgrade, the upgrade blocked everything else - mainly any maintenance, since occ was limited to core functionality because duh, upgrade.

Before I used nextcloud I was an owncloud user for many, many years and it also frequently would just die on an apt-get dist-upgrade or on whatever it wanted to die on.

The docker you made first installed nicely, on that server. It worked for about six weeks and then the client called me it's not syncing anymore. I logged on only to see the setup wizard. On my server it just won't work at all. On the third server I am taking care of - it will only show files when logging on locally, with the IP. when using the public hostname it loads the framework, but doesn't show files.

Long story short, to me both owncloud and nextcloud are still very buggy betas at most. They should never be used in production OR, possibly they should just never be updated as 90% of problems happen during an upgrade.

I will try to find an alternative like seafile or something and move away from this, at it really gives me cancer.
But quite possibly I will be back as maybe there just isn't a working alternative. We will see.

For now, I wish you all fellas good night and better luck than I had.

17 hours ago, jazzgott said:

From my ca. 8 year experience qith owncloud and nextcloud, that's what they're both best at.

Since moving from standalone ubuntu servers to unraid - all nextcloud dockers are broken. They either self destruct after an upgrade, power loss and reboot and are impossible to restore. The last one because the server rebooted while I think the upgrade package was downloaded but not initiated and the instance had some stupid issue with the notification app. The error prevented the upgrade, the upgrade blocked everything else - mainly any maintenance, since occ was limited to core functionality because duh, upgrade.

Before I used nextcloud I was an owncloud user for many, many years and it also frequently would just die on an apt-get dist-upgrade or on whatever it wanted to die on.

The docker you made first installed nicely, on that server. It worked for about six weeks and then the client called me it's not syncing anymore. I logged on only to see the setup wizard. On my server it just won't work at all. On the third server I am taking care of - it will only show files when logging on locally, with the IP. when using the public hostname it loads the framework, but doesn't show files.

Long story short, to me both owncloud and nextcloud are still very buggy betas at most. They should never be used in production OR, possibly they should just never be updated as 90% of problems happen during an upgrade.

I will try to find an alternative like seafile or something and move away from this, at it really gives me cancer.
But quite possibly I will be back as maybe there just isn't a working alternative. We will see.

For now, I wish you all fellas good night and better luck than I had.

Sounds like you might have configuration issues that are eluding you. I recently moved to NextCloud, but prior to that, I ran this ownCloud container on unraid for years public facing without any issues that weren't self created like not keeping it up to date. Never once did I ever have it default back to a setup screen or have any other major failures to function unless I was at fault in some way.
Lots of people using this container with success, just sayin'...

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2017 at 12:26 AM, dlandon said:

I've built a new docker version that enables the redis server.  This can be used to speed up transactional file locking by using redis instead of the the database for locks.  You do not have to use it.

Once you've updated to the newest docker, change your /config/www/owncloud/config/config.php file and add the following:

'filelocking.enabled' => true,
  'memcache.locking' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis',
  'redis' => array (
     'host' => '/var/run/redis/redis.sock',
     'port' => 0,
     'timeout' => 0.0,
  ),

right after this line:

'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu',

This should speed up thumbnail displays if you have a lot of media.

Hello, I know that this quoted comment was posted in 2017 but just to learn from this I would like to ask question. I'm new to unraid so don't have any idea. You said that I need to add this line to config.php but when I click the file via unraid gui, it will download the file. Now if I add that line, how can I upload back to the server?

I just wanna learn how to upload back with the new config file if there are scenarios like this in the future. Thank you.

Edited by HHUBS
add info
27 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

Hello, I know that this quoted comment was posted in 2017 but just to learn from this I would like to ask question. I'm new to unraid so don't have any idea. You said that I need to add this line to config.php but when I click the file via unraid gui, it will download the file. Now if I add that line, how can I upload back to the server?

I just wanna learn how to upload back with the new config file if there are scenarios like this in the future. Thank you.

Use a Linux line editor and change the file at /appdata/config/www/owncloud/config/config.php.  That's the file the server uses.

10 hours ago, dlandon said:

Use a Linux line editor and change the file at /appdata/config/www/owncloud/config/config.php.  That's the file the server uses.

Thank you. Ok I'm a windows guy and have a little knowledge on Linux but I figured it out how to check it.

image.png.35d1e29f68a334aa17e5fbc300eaea1f.png

This is what I saw on the config.php but when I try to download it and look at it using notepad++ it doesn't show anything. 

image.thumb.png.0c34363aa0fba5a5f4dbb046038dfd33.png

Can you explain this please? Thank you.

The reason why I want to download it and view it outside of unraid is that I want to check if I have made correct changes on the file or if it saved correctly.

Edited by HHUBS
11 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

Thank you. Ok I'm a windows guy and have a little knowledge on Linux but I figured it out how to check it.

image.png.35d1e29f68a334aa17e5fbc300eaea1f.png

This is what I saw on the config.php but when I try to download it and look at it using notepad++ it doesn't show anything. 

image.thumb.png.0c34363aa0fba5a5f4dbb046038dfd33.png

Can you explain this please? Thank you.

The reason why I want to download it and view it outside of unraid is that I want to check if I have made correct changes on the file or if it saved correctly.

You can't do it from the GUI.  As I said, get a linux compatible editor and edit it in place.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 8:15 PM, HHUBS said:

I'm trying to setup 2FA on owncloud. I already install the app on the market but when I activate the 2FA, it does not do anything. No QR code is showing. Any idea? Thank you.

image.png.0e9413ab30e7d55a85d72604a438b7ed.png

php install in the container is missing imagick extension which is used for generating the QR code. Have opened a ticked in GitHub.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

What version of php are you using?

7.4 - I raised a ticket on Github which you've responded to and closed - thank you for it. I haven't tested the latest version if you've updated it after the ticket. 

root@19d96f21f660:/# php -v

PHP 7.4.24 (cli) (built: Sep 23 2021 21:36:11) ( NTS )

imagick.so missing 

root@19d96f21f660:/# php -m | grep im

imap

SimpleXML

Edit : Works with your latest commit - thanks a ton !!

image.png.b7c58556c46d34738af960ead5482c59.png

Edited by ab5g

Hi there

I know this is a generic Owncloud question but as I'm using this container I thought why not ask here as well, maybe I'm lucky and you know the answer.

Alright, I'm using "external storage" 'plugin to assign a local folder to one of my users. So his share is accessible with OwnCloud. If he uses Owncloud exclusively it's fine but if SMB is in the mix it doesn't work, as owncloud uses the "nobody:users" with the permissions set to 644 (so only user can write, all others can only read). Because I have disabled unauthorized SMB access (why was that even a thing?) every user has to log in with his own user account in the form of "username:users". This leads to all the files and folders created in Owncloud or the Desktop Sync being read only for the user, unless he exclusively uses Owncloud.

So my question: can Owncloud be configured in a way that it sets the permissions to 664 or even 660 or something custom, so that the files are at least writable to by the user? I mean, the users are in the same group so 660 should be enough and safer. Thank you.

Hi dlandon - I have seem to run into some issues with the latest container version. I don't know if that is because of my environment and therefore seeking help.  

• I have looked at the permissions on the config and data directory and it seems to be ok.
  • The nginx and the DB logs look normal 
  • Owncloud log reports "SessionNotAvailableException" error

I have tried a clean install by nuking the config directory and some folders in data directory and reinstalling the container. It works fine but after an array reboot - I seem to run into the issue. So either is my permissions or something in the container that breaks when it updates. 

I have provided some information below. Do you know where should I look ?

error.png

log.png

EDIT :

Solved - https://central.owncloud.org/t/php-upgrade-breaks-owncloud/22841/4

Can this check be incorporated into the image please ?

root@b3103d33b471:/var/lib/php# ls -al

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  30 Sep 28 21:30 .

drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 262 Sep 28 21:34 ..

drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  24 Sep 28 21:33 modules

drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   0 Jun 22 04:02 sessions

root@b3103d33b471:/var/lib/php# chown abc:abc sessions/

root@b3103d33b471:/var/lib/php# ls -al

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   30 Sep 28 21:30 .

drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  262 Sep 28 21:34 ..

drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   24 Sep 28 21:33 modules

drwxr-xr-x 1 abc  users 186 Oct  1 14:18 sessions

Edited by ab5g