[support] dlandon - ownCloud

15 minutes ago, jlfoco said:

I've just installed OwnCloud, and it's working great. I've moved all of my files over via a share move, so I need to kick off an OCC files:scan -all and have it index everything. Is there a way to do it in the Web UI? Or is it all command-line work? And if it is, is there some documentation on how to get it to run with this docker image? Seems like OCC can't be executed. 

You can set the following in the config.php file and it will scan for new files:

'filesystem_check_changes' => 1,

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 9:08 AM, dlandon said:

You can set the following in the config.php file and it will scan for new files:

'filesystem_check_changes' => 1,

I don't know if its helpful, but I was able to run the following command to execute the scan of the manually moved files. i.e., moving files across shares in Unraid. 

sudo -u abc ./config/www/owncloud/occ files:scan --all

edit: I deleted the docker container, and the artifacts in the /app folder for owncloud, reinstalled and we're good.

I've been up and running for the past couple of weeks on Owncloud, loving it vs. Nextcloud. Last night I restarted the container and am now getting the following in error in the logs. It looks like its trying to update the docker.  Any thoughts on a solution? 

/usr/bin/mysqld_safe_helper: Can't create/write to file '/config/database/49f06f76a325.err' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")

220820 13:02:58 mysqld_safe Logging to '/config/database/49f06f76a325.err'.

220820 13:02:58 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/database

/usr/bin/mysqld_safe_helper: Can't create/write to file '/config/database/49f06f76a325.err' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")

1289978571_PastedGraphic1.thumb.png.22dceb85badb3b3b2fefdac659743eaa.png

Edited by jlfoco
On 8/22/2022 at 5:23 AM, jlfoco said:

I've been up and running for the past couple of weeks on Owncloud, loving it vs. Nextcloud. Last night I restarted the container and am now getting the following in error in the logs. It looks like its trying to update the docker.  Any thoughts on a solution? 

220820 13:02:58 mysqld_safe Logging to '/config/database/49f06f76a325.err'.

220820 13:02:58 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/database

1289978571_PastedGraphic1.thumb.png.22dceb85badb3b3b2fefdac659743eaa.png

I had the same error.

Make sure '/config/database' is owned by abc:users.

1. In Unraid/Docker tab, click ownCloud icon -> Console
  2. Run command: ls -l /config
  3. If it doesn't say "... abc users ... database", run command: chown abc:users /config/database

..that solved it for me.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, pettam said:

I had the same error.

Make sure '/config/database' is owned by abc:users.

1. In Unraid/Docker tab, click ownCloud icon -> Console
  2. Run command: ls -l /config
  3. If it doesn't say "... abc users ... database", run command: chown abc:users /config/database

..that solved it for me.

I've applied a fix for this in the next docker container update.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried starting with nextcloud because it came up all the time. But I was very dissappointed with the initial troubles. Slow load times, some weird bugginess with automatic upload folders. I already lost way too much time with it...And all the extra functionality it has...I dont really need. I just want a cloud server.

But I was wondering, I have a separate redis and mariadb and would like to have everything in there. Can I set up this container so I can optimize it that way? Or is that really quite unnecessary?

12 minutes ago, Kees Fluitman said:

I tried starting with nextcloud because it came up all the time. But I was very dissappointed with the initial troubles. Slow load times, some weird bugginess with automatic upload folders. I already lost way too much time with it...And all the extra functionality it has...I dont really need. I just want a cloud server.

But I was wondering, I have a separate redis and mariadb and would like to have everything in there. Can I set up this container so I can optimize it that way? Or is that really quite unnecessary?

I would stay with the default configuration of ownCloud Redis.  Redis is very touchy and may cause more trouble than it is worth.  As for the database, you can use a seperate database by configuring it when you do the first setup of ownCloud.

3 hours ago, dlandon said:

I would stay with the default configuration of ownCloud Redis.  Redis is very touchy and may cause more trouble than it is worth.  As for the database, you can use a seperate database by configuring it when you do the first setup of ownCloud.

thanks for the quick response.

I've tried your container, Can't I use my custom nginx network so I can use swag for reverse proxy?

Even if I try br0 and a fix IP, the container shuts down after initial setup. Can't reach it on IP+Port with https.

I've changed my data folder mapping to /mnt/user/owncloud/data (this is a share for owncloud, named owncloud). Otherwise I haven't changed anything yet.

Purging configuration files for wget (1.20.3-1ubuntu2) ...
chown: cannot access '/config/www/owncloud/apps/': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/config/www/owncloud/config/': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/config/www/owncloud/updater/': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/config/www/owncloud/occ': No such file or directory
*** /etc/my_init.d/60_get_owncloud.sh failed with status 1

*** Killing all processes...
Sep  7 22:34:12 dc86fc9d3e7e syslog-ng[54]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.25.1'

Edited by Kees Fluitman
26 minutes ago, Kees Fluitman said:

I've tried your container, Can't I use my custom nginx network so I can use swag for reverse proxy?

Probably, but I've never done that.

27 minutes ago, Kees Fluitman said:

I've changed my data folder mapping to /mnt/user/owncloud/data (this is a share for owncloud, named owncloud). Otherwise I haven't changed anything yet.

That won't work.  The data can only be set to /data as it becomes a folder in ownCloud - /appdata/ownCloud/data/.  You can't put the data somewhere else.

I wouldn't use a user share for ownCloud.  It's better in a Pool device.  If it's on the array, disks will not be able to spin down because of all the activity.

Where is your appdata share mapped?

27 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Probably, but I've never done that.

That won't work.  The data can only be set to /data as it becomes a folder in ownCloud - /appdata/ownCloud/data/.  You can't put the data somewhere else.

I wouldn't use a user share for ownCloud.  It's better in a Pool device.  If it's on the array, disks will not be able to spin down because of all the activity.

Where is your appdata share mapped?

I've noticed they never spin down with nextcloud already...But my appdata is also a user share? Like all other files, unraid only has this. /mnt/user/appdata is also a share...so I dont get your point there.

My appdata share is also set to prefer the nvme cache, which is not what I want from my data...I want it to be on a Yes SATA SSD cache pool user share folder.

Is this the reason why it's not working? That it always HAS to be the appdata/ownCloud/data folder bind?

cause as far as I can tell. It simply can't reach the config files. Since they don't exist somehow.

even after just doing the standard setup. It's still not working and giving me the same error.

Why should I put it in br0 and give it a static IP exactly? I mean, that can't really have anything to do with this type of error, but im just wondering.

Any more ideas?

Edited by Kees Fluitman
41 minutes ago, Kees Fluitman said:

I've noticed they never spin down with nextcloud already...But my appdata is also a user share? Like all other files, unraid only has this. /mnt/user/appdata is also a share...so I dont get your point there.

My appdata share is also set to prefer the nvme cache, which is not what I want from my data...I want it to be on a Yes SATA SSD cache pool user share folder.

You should set up the SSD disk as a Pool device and don't put it in the array.  SSD trim does happen on an array disk and you'll suffer speed degradation over time.

Screenshot 2022-09-07 165232.png

Set it up as a Pool device.  All of ownCloud appdata/ will have to be on one disk.  You can't have appdata/ and /data on separate disks.

Is this the reason why it's not working? That it always HAS to be the appdata/ownCloud/data folder bind?

Partly, but I think the real reason is your mapping of appdata/.

As I said, /data has to be appdata/data.  On the start up dialog set data to /data.

even after just doing the standard setup. It's still not working and giving me the same error.

Why should I put it in br0 and give it a static IP exactly? I mean, that can't really have anything to do with this type of error, but im just wondering.

That's only a suggestion.  No it's not causing the error.

10 hours ago, dlandon said:

You should set up the SSD disk as a Pool device and don't put it in the array.  SSD trim does happen on an array disk and you'll suffer speed degradation over time.

Screenshot 2022-09-07 165232.png

Set it up as a Pool device.  All of ownCloud appdata/ will have to be on one disk.  You can't have appdata/ and /data on separate disks.

Partly, but I think the real reason is your mapping of appdata/.

As I said, /data has to be appdata/data.  On the start up dialog set data to /data.

That's only a suggestion.  No it's not causing the error.

Im Sorry I dont know why my shares would be the problem.

I want a separate share for owncloud, because my appdata share is set to my nvme cache drive (so the files are not secure in case of crashes or power down). I want this set to my SATA ssd cache pool (2x 1TB ssd).

So now I have a share: /mnt/user/owncloud

I set the paths to:

/mnt/user/owncloud/appdata/ownCloud/data (/data)

/mnt/user/owncloud/appdata/ownCloud/ (/config)

Yet still it gives me the same error and doesnt create all the files.

Shall I send you the complete log file in pm?

Even if I use the standard settings, with data in appdata/ownCloud/data, it's not working.

Edited by Kees Fluitman
3 hours ago, Kees Fluitman said:

Yet still it gives me the same error and doesnt create all the files.

I just loaded a fresh version of ownCloud on my test server starting from scratch, and it seems the initial download link of ownCloud has been changed so the download of ownCloud failed.  I have fixed this in the docker container.  Update the ownCloud docker and it should work now.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kees Fluitman said:

I can't get my desktop app to work. When I connect, it opens the browser, i authenticate and then it hits an error:

SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

it's trying to connect to https://localhost:63426blablabla

I use my own domain for the desktop app to access the ownCloud on the Internet.  I have not tried doing the local ownCloud access using the desktop app.  That being said, the local access in my case is https://192.1.68.1.X as my ownCloud docker container has a fixed IP address.  I don't think localhost is an appropriate way to access ownCloud.

7 hours ago, dlandon said:

I use my own domain for the desktop app to access the ownCloud on the Internet.  I have not tried doing the local ownCloud access using the desktop app.  That being said, the local access in my case is https://192.1.68.1.X as my ownCloud docker container has a fixed IP address.  I don't think localhost is an appropriate way to access ownCloud.

Yes I agree. The thing is, I access it through my own domain: owncloud.domain.com and it logs in properly. But then redirects with this error.

Have you gotten the Web app working properly by the way? The prettier version of the interface? I got it working but it's really too slow imho. The pdf viewer is also not working in the web app. 

Ill go to the official forums if you dont know either.

The desktop is working now. I figured it was weird that it was calling my localhost (my desktop app) on https, so after making it http it worked directly.

With the Web app. I noticed that it's slow because for every document or folder, it sends an API request to the server. Even each single icon loads in subsequently.

In the normal web browser, it calls on  "GET /index.php/apps/files/ajax/getstoragestats.php--blablabla"

So either i've got something set wrong, or it's bad design.

Edited by Kees Fluitman
4 hours ago, Kees Fluitman said:

Have you gotten the Web app working properly by the way? The prettier version of the interface? I got it working but it's really too slow imho. The pdf viewer is also not working in the web app. 

Ill go to the official forums if you dont know either.

Works for me.  Any issues with ownCloud itself would be best to take to the ownCloud forum.

• Like 1
On 10/29/2020 at 11:18 PM, dlandon said:

Please keep ownCloud updated.  This is a routine issue that I don’t have much control over.

Hi; is there a cookbook for upgrading ownCloud in this docker?  I read some time ago that the gui-based upgrade doesn't work (unfortunately, I read that after I tried it LOL), so I guess I'm doing it manually.  I don't mind digging around and compiling the info I need to get it upgraded but if someone who has already done this a time or two has a guide somewhere I'd rather not re-invent the wheel.

Thanks in advance and thank you for all the efforts on this and all dockers.  You guys are wizards...

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, dlandon said:

It's documented in one of the first posts.

I followed the post and there's a little error in "config.ph":

'cp /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud-old/config/config.ph /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud/config/config.php'

Anyway it worked but then all my data is lost once I enter in owncloud.

Seems the data directory is present in /data directory inside docker but owncloud ignore all the files... I don't know if the database's references are also broken. I changed my files path in the pool but is respected with the /data inside the docker.

Now I don't know how really act, I don't want to lose all my data.

After one reboot the docker still saying I must upgrade and, at the same time, I see problems with DB:

Nov  1 13:23:21 d281cdef8c11 mariadb: Error: Databases failed to upgrade - check 'DB_PASS' password.

Edited by Kanashii

I don't know why but the docker is not mounting the DATA env so the data directory is empty an recreated empty:

root@d281cdef8c11:/config/www/owncloud/data# ls -la
total 24
drwxrwx--- 1 abc users    92 Nov  1 13:17 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 abc users   492 Nov  1 13:14 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc users   323 Nov  1 13:14 .htaccess
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc users     0 Nov  1 13:14 index.html
drwxr-xr-x 1 abc users    20 Nov  1 13:17 Kanashii
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc users     0 Nov  1 13:14 .ocdata
-rw-r----- 1 abc users 18107 Nov  1 14:00 owncloud.log

But it's set in my docker:
image.thumb.png.f522351a5f37ed7eca428e258093c4a5.png

I can make a ln -s to make a link from /config/www/owncloud/data to /data to reuse my data and then force a scan from inside the docker:

sudo -u abc ./config/www/owncloud/occ files:scan --all

In the docker is told:
IMPORTANT, change the data folder to /data.

But now it doesn't work. I had to mount another volume. What changed?

Edited by Kanashii