[support] dlandon - ownCloud

• 1 month later...

@dlandon Just wanted to let you know that in 10.6 is looks like they have changed the directory structure within 'apps'. The following line in the upgrade post at the beginning of this thread will need a minor change as follows:

Current - Copy external apps 'cp -R /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud-old/apps-external/ /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud/apps-external/'.

Migration from <10.6 to 10.6 - Copy external apps 'cp -R /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud-old/apps-external/ /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud/apps/external/'.

From 10.6 going forward - Copy external apps 'cp -R /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud-old/apps/external/ /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud/apps/external/'.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:53 AM, harshl said:

@dlandon Just wanted to let you know that in 10.6 is looks like they have changed the directory structure within 'apps'. The following line in the upgrade post at the beginning of this thread will need a minor change as follows:

Current - Copy external apps 'cp -R /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud-old/apps-external/ /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud/apps-external/'.

Migration from <10.6 to 10.6 - Copy external apps 'cp -R /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud-old/apps-external/ /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud/apps/external/'.

From 10.6 going forward - Copy external apps 'cp -R /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud-old/apps/external/ /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud/apps/external/'.

This des not appear to be correct.

20 hours ago, dlandon said:

Not for me and the documentation for 10.6 refers to apps-external for external apps, not apps/external.

Seems that I may have misunderstood that the apps-external directory must be created by the user during upgrade. For some reason I thought it unpacked from the zip, but apparently it does not. Then I noticed there was an external folder inside the 'apps' directory which lead me down the rabbit hole. Sorry for the noise, I was just trying to helpful, but wasn't.

Thanks!

For reference in case others run into similar confusion, below is what caused my confusion...

unzip ./owncloud-complete-20201216.zip
ls -alh ./owncloud/
total 416K
drwxr-xr-x 12 root root  580 Dec 16 16:02 ./
drwxrwxrwx  3 root root   60 Dec 28 09:44 ../
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 3.3K Dec 16 16:01 .htaccess
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  163 Dec 16 16:01 .user.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 8.7K Dec 16 16:01 AUTHORS
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 276K Dec 16 16:01 CHANGELOG.md
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  34K Dec 16 16:01 COPYING
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 2.2K Dec 16 16:01 README.md
drwxrwxrwx 51 root root 1020 Dec 16 16:02 apps/
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root   80 Dec 16 16:01 config/
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 4.6K Dec 16 16:01 console.php

--snipped--

As you can see there is no apps-external.

cd apps
ls -alh
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 51 root root 1020 Dec 16 16:02 ./
drwxr-xr-x 12 root root  580 Dec 16 16:02 ../
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root  240 Oct 15 23:21 activity/
drwxr-xr-x  5 root root  180 Jul  8 17:23 admin_audit/
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root  180 Nov 26  2018 announcementcenter/
drwxr-xr-x  7 root root  140 Dec 16 16:01 comments/
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  180 Apr 16  2019 configreport/
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root  220 Feb  6  2020 customgroups/
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  120 Dec 16 16:01 dav/
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root  240 Sep  2  2019 encryption/
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root  120 Jul 23 14:40 enterprise_key/
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root  300 Apr 16  2019 external/
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root  180 Dec 16 16:01 federatedfilesharing/
drwxr-xr-x  9 root root  180 Dec 16 16:01 federation/
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root  260 Dec 16 16:01 files/

--snipped--

Again, no apps-external, but there is an 'external' directory within 'apps'.

This is what confused me and led me to believe there had been a change.

Move into the backup of the prior version.

cd /mnt/user/appdata/dlandon-owncloud/www/owncloud-old/
ls -alh
total 372K
drwxr-xr-x 1 root   users  484 Oct 29 18:16 ./
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  100 Dec 23 09:46 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   users 3.4K Oct 30 09:53 .htaccess
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   users  163 Aug  3 09:20 .user.ini
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   users 8.7K Aug  3 09:20 AUTHORS
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   users 230K Aug  3 09:20 CHANGELOG.md
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   users  34K Aug  3 09:20 COPYING
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   users 2.2K Aug  3 09:20 README.md
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 1.2K Nov  3 10:41 apps/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users    0 Oct 29 18:16 apps-external/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   98 Dec 23 09:41 config/

--snipped--

And it was there. What I should have realized, but didn't, is that in the owncloud-old backup folder, ./apps/external also existed and was nothing new...

Edited by harshl

I've updated the ownCloud docker and it won't break the older ownCloud versions because of a php incompatibility.  There is a new environment variable in the docker template to set the php version.  It defaults to 7.2 which is compatible several versions back.  Once you've updated ownCloud, I recommend increasing the php version to 7.4 for security reasons.

After installing 10.6 I'm getting an error when trying to upload from the web browser. Uploads from the Android app work just fine.

"You don't have permission to upload or create files here"

I've used these instructions to update a dozen times. I've tried manually changing some permissions, but OC just changes them right back during the next boot. The permissions changes didn't work anyway! haha.

Any ideas of things I could try?

6 minutes ago, marshal.anson said:

After installing 10.6 I'm getting an error when trying to upload from the web browser. Uploads from the Android app work just fine.

"You don't have permission to upload or create files here"

I've used these instructions to update a dozen times. I've tried manually changing some permissions, but OC just changes them right back during the next boot. The permissions changes didn't work anyway! haha.

Any ideas of things I could try?

Do you have the new version of the docker?  Did you set the php version in the template?

12 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Do you have the new version of the docker?  Did you set the php version in the template?

I updated the container to the latest version today. I didn't realize I could change the php version in the template until you replied with that! It was set to 7.2, I changed it to 7.4 but I'm getting the same error.

23 minutes ago, marshal.anson said:

I updated the container to the latest version today. I didn't realize I could change the php version in the template until you replied with that! It was set to 7.2, I changed it to 7.4 but I'm getting the same error.

Works fine for me.

• 1 month later...

hi first thanks for this docker, i just installed a week ago and everything is working great, i only start get this message, 

"Transactional file locking should be configured to use memory-based locking, not the default slow database-based locking."

does any one knows how to fix it, thanks

19 minutes ago, mata7 said:

hi first thanks for this docker, i just installed a week ago and everything is working great, i only start get this message, 

"Transactional file locking should be configured to use memory-based locking, not the default slow database-based locking."

does any one knows how to fix it, thanks

Your config.php should have these lines:

'filelocking.enabled' => true,
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' => 
  array (
    'host' => '/var/run/redis/redis-server.sock',
    'port' => 0,
    'timeout' => 0.0,
  ),

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

'filelocking.enabled' => true, 'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis', 'redis' => array ( 'host' => '/var/run/redis/redis-server.sock', 'port' => 0, 'timeout' => 0.0, ),

so i have this lines on my config, any idea why i get this message? thanks

• 1 month later...

There are several things to look out for in the latest version of ownCloud (10.7):

• Support for version 7.2 of php will be removed in an upcoming minor release.  You can set the php version to use in the docker template.  I recommend you use the latest version of ownCloud and php 7.4.
  • You will receive a security warning that is easily fixed by editing the appdata/owncloud/nginx/site-confs/default file and change the line - add_header X-XSS-Protection "0";

Hi,
I'm having an issue upgrading from 10.6.0 to 10.7.0.  When using the built in upgrader the process stalls at creating a checkpoint, which its completed multiple times now. it never seems to complete this step.
image.thumb.png.68fd7f4f1c0a5d5cc1c624a7639d0f60.png

I've set the permissions to /config by:

chown -R www-data:www-data /config

but nothing seems to allow me to get past this checkpoint after letting it run for 12+ hours. nothing shows in the docker log.

switching to php 7.3 (from 7.2) seems to fail.   Any help/tips here?

1 hour ago, isaw said:

Hi,
I'm having an issue upgrading from 10.6.0 to 10.7.0.  When using the built in upgrader the process stalls at creating a checkpoint, which its completed multiple times now. it never seems to complete this step.
image.thumb.png.68fd7f4f1c0a5d5cc1c624a7639d0f60.png

I've set the permissions to /config by:

chown -R www-data:www-data /config

but nothing seems to allow me to get past this checkpoint after letting it run for 12+ hours. nothing shows in the docker log.

switching to php 7.3 (from 7.2) seems to fail.   Any help/tips here?

It is recommended that you do the update manually.  Read the second post on the procedure.