Jump to content
dlandon

[support] dlandon - ownCloud

240 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Finally got this working but not sure if this is what I was looking for.  I have a share on my sever called Photos.  I would like to share that folder so my family can browse the photos in it...I don't see how I can share that folder..

 

Geez.  Exited out and now when I try to go back in by clicking webgui from the docker I get the site can't be reached!

Edit: wow, seems it takes a long time until I can access the gui.  Took about 15min but it's there.  

 

Still looking for help on how to share my photos share on my server....

Edited by DigitalDivide

Share this post


Link to post

Hi guys

 

I'm completely new to the whole owncloud/nextcloud game.

 

I was finally able to make a clean install and was able to add the UNRAID shares via SMB to owncloud.

 

I have the duckdns docker installed and am trying to access the owncloud WebDAV with it, but nginx is giving me the error

 

400 Bad Request

The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port

nginx/1.15.8

Is there any way of fixing this?

 

Adding the address to the owncloud config-php didn't help and I cannot find any documentation that would work with the built in nginx version...

Share this post


Link to post

It's not working. Just did a plain vanilla default installation. So no need to post my config - it's absolutely bog standard.

Opened the web UI and... "Unable to connect"

It just doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, thany said:

It's not working. Just did a plain vanilla default installation. So no need to post my config - it's absolutely bog standard.

Opened the web UI and... "Unable to connect"

It just doesn't work.

Working for a lot of other people.  Be sure to follow the instructions on the first post.

  • Change the data folder to /data.
  • Because the database is built into the container, the database host is localhost.
  • The database user and the database itself are both 'owncloud'.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, dlandon said:

Working for a lot of other people.  Be sure to follow the instructions on the first post.

  • Change the data folder to /data.
  • Because the database is built into the container, the database host is localhost.
  • The database user and the database itself are both 'owncloud'.

Are those neccesary settings not the default settings then? If not, they should be, right?

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, thany said:

Are those neccesary settings not the default settings then? If not, they should be, right?

No. They are not the default settings.  OwnCloud is used in many different settings and they are set for each particular situation by the user.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, dlandon said:

No. They are not the default settings.  OwnCloud is used in many different settings and they are set for each particular situation by the user.

But whatever the docker comes with, should at least work. Settings can be adjusted later, but for a bog standard install, it should just work.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, thany said:

But whatever the docker comes with, should at least work. Settings can be adjusted later, but for a bog standard install, it should just work.

The defaults are set by ownCloud in their package.  This is very common.  If it doesn't work for you, feel free to find another docker that will meet your needs.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, dlandon said:

The defaults are set by ownCloud in their package.  This is very common.  If it doesn't work for you, feel free to find another docker that will meet your needs.

Default settings should always at least do *something*. If default settings give all kinds of errors, or plainly don't work at all, they are wrong. All unRAID installations concerning the docker daemon, are virtually identical.

 

This docker is in the CA repo, so it ought to work. If special instructions are vitally important, they should be more visible right then & there, before/while/after installing. This is not something you should do, of course, assuming you didn't build the CA plugin. Not sure where to report that, so I hope a CA developer is reading along.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, thany said:

This docker is in the CA repo, so it ought to work. If special instructions are vitally important, they should be more visible right then & there, before/while/after installing. This is not something you should do, of course, assuming you didn't build the CA plugin. Not sure where to report that, so I hope a CA developer is reading along.

Dockers are presented to CA so they are available to users.  CA doesn't have anything to do with the installation instructions of Dockers.  That is up to the individual Docker contributors.  Most of the time there are instructions and comments in the first post of that particular Docker forum.  Users are expeced to read the first post for details on the use of the Docker.

 

In the case of this Docker, there is one mapping change and the user name and passwords need to be chosen by the user.  It is bad practice to use a default user name and passwords that a user would never change.  I don't see that as particularly difficult.  This Docker also needs a lot of customization for your particular situation.

 

Sorry if you feel the installation of this Docker is not appropriate, but I don't intend to make any changes.  Yes, I am the contributor of this Docker.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I have been working to get the CIFS mounts working and have succeeded.  I had to add a package to the Docker and finally figured out how to successfully set up a CIFS mount.

 

Update the Docker and when setting up the CIFS mount, do the following:

  • Select 'Username and password' for authentication.
  • Use the server name or IP address of the server for the 'Host'.
  • Enter the 'Share' name on the server.
  • Use the server name as the 'Domain'.
  • Enter credentials.

This works for me:

1274423125_CIFSMount.thumb.png.5861297b09ea79c7eecc4a83b4514172.png

Edited by dlandon

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Quick question

 

how can I save the data onto the array / share? I love the idea of all being in the docker container but I would like the data to be saved outside the docker

 

thanks great work

 

PS everyone else - install works just fine if you read the first post

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I am updating the docker to php 7.4.  You will need to update ownCloud to 10.5 before updating the docker.  If you don't, you'll get an error message about php compatibility and ownCloud won't run.

Share this post


Link to post

@dlandon, this is a useful warning to upgrade ownCloud to 10.5 first.
However what does someone do, if they did not know this, before upgrading docker?
Unfortunately, I am one of them, so now I see this message, when accessing ownCloud on my unraid server.

This version of ownCloud is not compatible with PHP 7.4
You are currently running PHP 7.4.11.


How does someone go about fixing this properly, without trashing the entire ownCloud setup.
Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, James T. said:

@dlandon, this is a useful warning to upgrade ownCloud to 10.5 first.
However what does someone do, if they did not know this, before upgrading docker?
Unfortunately, I am one of them, so now I see this message, when accessing ownCloud on my unraid server.

This version of ownCloud is not compatible with PHP 7.4
You are currently running PHP 7.4.11.


How does someone go about fixing this properly, without trashing the entire ownCloud setup.
Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Remove the docker then edit the docker template and change the repository to dlandon/owncloud-legacy.  You will install a version with php 7.1.  Then update ownCloud and change the repository back to dlandon/owncloud.  Don't stay on the legacy version, it is not supported.

 

Please stay up with the latest version of ownCloud so this doesn't happen again.  Because ownCloud is exposed to the Internet, it is important to update for security reasons.  ownCloud 10.5 was released on August 3, 2020.  That's more then enough time to update your ownCloud.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.