dlandon

[support] dlandon - ownCloud

182 posts in this topic Last Reply

I've recently had an issue where one of the clients says it needs to re-authenticate OAUTH2 each night. I have another client running that doesn't have this issue. I suspect this isn't a server issue as one client works and one doesn't.  The one that does work, is also saying I should update to OAUTH2 version 0.4.0.

I think I did this update on the client that doesn't work as it isn't prompting me for the update.

Any ideas?  I can't find anything in the Owncloud client software to configure anything.

thanks

david

Hi,

Probably a dum question, but is there any way/method to be able to use owncloud if you don't have ipv4 address? My ISP uses ipv6 DS Lite system, so my ipv4 adress is shared, I was never able to make it work with the spaceinvaderone tutorial.

Thanks.

On 6/3/2017 at 10:16 PM, dlandon said:

For the moment this is a manual update method for an existing ownCloud installation.

• Disable apps - Calendar, Contacts, and any add on apps.
  • Access the ownCloud Docker 'docker exec -it ownCloud bash'.
  • Put ownCloud in maintenance mode by editing 'nano /config/www/owncloud/config/config.php'.
  • Stop ownCloud docker from the unRAID Docker UI.
  • Get into the unRAID command line.
  • Change directory to 'cd /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www'.
  • Move the existing owncloud version 'mv ./owncloud ./owncloud-old'.
  • Download and unzip the owncloud update.  Copy update to \appdata\ownCloud\www\.
  • Change ownership 'chown nobody:users owncloud'.
  • Copy the old version of config.php 'cp /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud-old/config/config.ph /mnt/user/appdata/ownCloud/www/owncloud/config/config.php'.
  • Start owncloud docker from unRAID Docker UI.
  • Access the ownCloud Docker 'docker exec -it ownCloud bash'.
  • Change directory to new owncloud version 'cd /config/www/owncloud'.
  • Change occ to executable 'chmod +x occ''
  • Execute upgrade: 'sudo -u abc ./occ upgrade'.
  • Change permissions on owncloud 'chmod 755 /config/www/owncloud'.
  • Take ownCloud out of maintenance mode by editing 'nano /config/www/owncloud/config/config.php'.
  • Add Calendar, contacts, and other apps from the Marketplace.
  • Re-enable apps - Calendar, Contacts, and any add on apps.

Dear dlandon,

Kindly I would like to ask if the above instruction are up to date. I am looking forward to update owncloud to version 10.2.1.

ownCloud on unRAID works really well! Thank you in advance

On 8/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, LimeCenter said:

Dear dlandon,

Kindly I would like to ask if the above instruction are up to date. I am looking forward to update owncloud to version 10.2.1.

ownCloud on unRAID works really well! Thank you in advance

Should work fine.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Should work fine.

I proceeded with this update as described and can confirm I had no issues at all.

Thanks for the great container!!

Dear community members,

Would someone be so very kind to explain the following:

1. "Download and unzip the owncloud update." Where could I find the link to find the download because I fear I cant find it (Probably I can't find water in the ocean). I found this: https://microbadger.com/images/owncloud/server
  2. "Change ownership 'chown nobody:users owncloud'." In what .php file should I be doing that?
  3. "Disable apps - Calendar, Contacts, and any add on apps." I just de-install them in the market place right?

I found some instructions.... but not as helpful: https://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_manual/installation/docker/

21 hours ago, LimeCenter said:

Where could I find the link to find the download because I fear I cant find it (Probably I can't find water in the ocean).

https://owncloud.org/download/

"Change ownership 'chown nobody:users owncloud'."

Follow the instructions and you'll be in the right place.  It's not in a php file.

"Disable apps - Calendar, Contacts, and any add on apps." I just de-install them in the market place right?

You can do that, or disable them - Settings->Apps.