Fujitsu D2607-8i - Crossflash to LSI 9211-8i

Attached are files to flash to P20 FW LSI 9211-8i. Enjoy.

PS. I decided to create a separate thread for this due to repetitive questions on the same subject.

Based on your version A11 or A21, choose the appropriate files.

Create a bootable USB with Rufus and FreeDOS: https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Backup Links:

< link is dead >

--

Boot into FreeDOS:

1) MegaCli.exe -AdpAllInfo -aAll |find /i "sas address" > sas_addr.txt

2) MegaRec.exe -readsbr 0 orig.sbr

3) MegaRec.exe -cleanflash 0

4) 
MegaRec.exe -writesbr 0 sbr-a21.bin
or
MegaRec.exe -writesbr 0 sbr-a11.bin

5) MegaRec.exe -cleanflash 0

Boot into EFI:

mount fs0
fs0:
or

mount fs# (# is the number for your USB)

sas2hax -o -f 2118it.bin -noreset

reboot into EFI

sas2hax -o -f 2118it.bin -b mptsas2.rom
sas2hax -o -sasadd <sas address from sas_addr.txt>

Boot into FreeDOS:

MegaRec.exe -writesbr 0 sbr-a21.bin
or
MegaRec.exe -writesbr 0 sbr-a11.bin

** DONE **

---

D2607.7z

Edited by ezhik
  • Upvote 2

The sas2hax creator has now created new tool for doing this process from within Linux itself. I haven't tested this but maybe an easier solution.

https://github.com/marcan/lsirec

Original Post Below

I've add some script files to the method speed up the process.

Updated Files - https://mega.nz/#!bp1lwAwZ!qrQics2qslPxCRFSI7pCaL-JECCauM_xqp00GQPloSg

MIRROR - https://drive.google.com/file/d/18aULGYQEyMJcW7rUAk8sddUDX_Rozq68/view?usp=sharing

Steps

Create DOS USB using RUFUS and copy these files to the USB. GUIDE link

Each task has 2 commands you can do. The first one saves you typing the commands by using script/bat files.

Recommendations

• Unplug all drives but the USB, helps with the EFI shell bit
  • Plug D2607 in to the first x16 slot, even if it means unplugging another card, had systems where you could only flash it if it was in the first slot.
  • Make sure you have SAS to SATA breakout cable not SATA to SAS reverse breakout cable. (Thanks johnnie.black for pointing this out.)

Boot the USB in non UEFI mode. (DOS)

Then do the following commands

Get SAS Address of the card

1.BAT

or

megacli -adpallinfo -aall | find /i "sas address" > sas_addr.txt

Backup SBR incase we need it. We probably wont though. might need this if you get stuck for support. (Only run this once per card otherise you'll lose the original, before flashing the patched one below)
2.BAT

or

megarec -readsbr 0 O-SBR.bin

Clean Flash the card.  If the command fails to flash, just keep trying it until it completes. Can take 10+ attempts
3.BAT

or

megarec -cleanflash 0

Flash SBR for A11 or A21 - Just change the number in the command for the card you doing.
4-21.BAT

or

megarec -writesbr 0 SBR-A21.bin

Clean Flash the card
5.BAT

or

megarec -cleanflash 0

Reboot in to UEFI shell on the usb

Some motherboards you can go into the boot menu and do the UEFI option for the USB stick, best to check out in the manual or online.

Your mount point for your USB might not be FS0, could be FS1, FS2 and so on. Either unplug all drives so it's just the USB drive or, when the EFI shell starts it prints the drives it see's in yellow, you might be able to work it out from there.

Once booted in to EFI Shell, do the following commands

Change to USB
fs0:

Flash IT Mode Firmware

6.NSH

or

sas2hax -o -f 2118it.p20.bin
It will error about it can't reset the adapter, don't worry its normal.

Reboot and then boot the UEFI on the usb again

Do the following commands

fs0:

Now we Flash IT Mode Firmware again

7.NSH

or

sas2hax -o -f 2118it.p20.bin -b mptsas2.p20.rom

Get SAS Address we saved
8.NSH

or

type SAS_ADDR.TXT

Set SAS Address of the card. Change the address to the one that got printed out.

sas2hax  -o -sasadd 5003005700dbf920

Reboot the USB in non UEFI mode. (DOS)

Do the following commands

Flash SBR for A11 or A21 - Just change the number in the command for the card you doing.
4-21.BAT

or

megarec -writesbr 0 SBR-A21.bin

Notes:
Making up a SAS address is fine, just make sure you don't flash two cards with the same address.

You can find more help cross flashing the D2607 card here. He made the sas2hax application.

https://marcan.st/2016/05/crossflashing-the-fujitsu-d2607/

I add no -noreset when I was flashing some card but seems to cause issues, so I left it without. Had to reboot twice when ever I did it, not sure why though.

Orignal post: https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/12114-lsi-controller-fw-updates-irit-modes/?do=findComment&comment=522038

Flash Fujitsu - D2607.zip

Edited by Jonny
Updated broken mirror linked, moved it to Google Drive
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
  • 9 months later...

Hello!

First of all sorry for my bad english! :)

I bought a FUJITSU D2607. It wasn't in IT mode. At least I didn't saw my "expendable" hdd in windows 7 home premium x64 just the raid card but it wasn't detected properly (not importatant i will use unraid... i mean i'd like to). The hdd showed up in the cards bios so it did see it.

Then I found this cool topic!

Fortunately (You will see why) I've made a SBR backup: megarec -readsbr 0 sbr-bak.bin
and I have the SAS address.

but I used the: megarec -cleanflash 0
command too.

but there is a problem with the uefi switching thing!

My H8SCM-F is a non-uefi motherboard....

Silly me I still tried the efi tool no surprise it didn't worked.

I didn't give up. I turned off the machine and then I read an other guide while I was shercing for a ms-dos version that this bricks the card!
Great! But there is hope.

I found two versions of MS-DOS sas2flsh.exe (v20 and v19), it's working, but i get the following error message:

"No LSI SAS adapters found! Limited Command Set Available!ERROR: Command Not allowed without an adapter!
ERROR: Couldn't Create Command -f
Exiting Program"

This is not the only topic I've tried that's why I have ms-dos version of the flash tool.
Before I cleaned the flash the error message was the same.

Could someone help Me and save my card?
Thanks.

21 hours ago, jhonny85 said:

Hello!

First of all sorry for my bad english! :)

I bought a FUJITSU D2607. It wasn't in IT mode. At least I didn't saw my "expendable" hdd in windows 7 home premium x64 just the raid card but it wasn't detected properly (not importatant i will use unraid... i mean i'd like to). The hdd showed up in the cards bios so it did see it.

Then I found this cool topic!

Fortunately (You will see why) I've made a SBR backup: megarec -readsbr 0 sbr-bak.bin
and I have the SAS address.

but I used the: megarec -cleanflash 0
command too.

but there is a problem with the uefi switching thing!

My H8SCM-F is a non-uefi motherboard....

Silly me I still tried the efi tool no surprise it didn't worked.

I didn't give up. I turned off the machine and then I read an other guide while I was shercing for a ms-dos version that this bricks the card!
Great! But there is hope.

I found two versions of MS-DOS sas2flsh.exe (v20 and v19), it's working, but i get the following error message:

"No LSI SAS adapters found! Limited Command Set Available!ERROR: Command Not allowed without an adapter!
ERROR: Couldn't Create Command -f
Exiting Program"

This is not the only topic I've tried that's why I have ms-dos version of the flash tool.

Thanks.

Does the below commands till find the SAS card?

megacli -adpallinfo -aall

Also do you not have a UEFI enabled computer at all? Some people have machines where they just can't flash sas cards at all, even using DOS or EFI shell.

I've think I've read people flashing D2607 with DOS but I think UEFI is required.

Edited by Jonny
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, jhonny85 said:

Thanks.

AFAIK, flashing this card requires sas2hax.efi and Motherboard that support/boot to uefi 

After flashing, you can non-UEFI motherboard.

On 2018. 03. 24. at 1:45 PM, Jonny said:

Does the below commands till find the SAS card?

megacli -adpallinfo -aall

Also do you not have a UEFI enabled computer at all? Some people have machines where they just can't flash sas cards at all, even using DOS or EFI shell.

I've think I've read people flashing D2607 with DOS but I think UEFI is required.

The command's result is on the picture.
My main "pc" is a lenovo g505s. And I have couple  of old am2 boards+cpu, one asrock g31m-vs2 that's my mothers browsing pc, no uefi.
May be one of my friend will help Me. I ask around :).
Will tell if I succeed.

Thanks Jonny and nthu9280

shot.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hello there, sorry for my bad english, im a native german speaker

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all you guys who came up with this awesome "How to" and out of the Box working solution. I've been struggling with flashing my D2607 for weeks as none of the DOS or UEFI solutions worked for me. PAL errors, not recognized controllers ... i dindt have any other mashine at hand that is working without UEFI. This thread was finally giving me what a wanted in a simple way i couldnt even imagine. Thank you guys!

Edited by taeddyyy
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, madsriisager said:

Hey

I moved through the steps, and it all seemed to work, but then I got to the part, there I needed the address from the .txt file, and it was empty.

What do I do?

BR

Mads

just make a address up. If you got two cards make sure the addresses are different, change the last number from 0 to 1 say

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Jonny said:

just make a address up. If you got two cards make sure the addresses are different, change the last number from 0 to 1 say

Thank you for a quick answer. I'm am very new to this.

I've now set the address, and run the 4-21.BAT a last time from DOS. As I understand it should now be flashed to IT-mode, and I should be able to connect HDD to it, and the computer will register them as normal drives.

I'm currently testing in on Windows 10 before moving it to my unRaid server, but the harddrives are not showing up. Is it because it ONLY works on unRaid, or have I made a mistake somewhere (most likely senario).

BR

Mads

First try another of the SAS ports to see if that then makes the HDD disks show. If it does, then go back in to DOS and flash the 4-11.BAT file instead.

What version is the card? D2607-A21 or A11 cause normally a sticker on the card which tell you :-)  that dictates with 4-11.bat or 4-21.bat you run.

I'm not 100% sure if the card needs extra drivers for windows 10 for it to work, but I have a feeling Windows should install the required drivers. If not I think this is the driver your after https://docs.broadcom.com/docs-and-downloads/host-bus-adapters/host-bus-adapters-common-files/sas_sata_6g_p20/LSImpt_SAS_Windows_8-1_Windows_server_2012_R2_P20.zip

You should be able to see the HBA in the device manager under storage controllers, if you want to see if its picked up the driver or not.

Jonny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It did't work unfortunately. I tried moving to another SAS port, and it did nothing. The sticker says D2607 A21, so I haven't tried the A11 yet, as I still expect it to be a A21.

I've tried to move it to my unRaid server, just to see if that helped, but neither Windows og unRaid see the HDD's connected. They do however see the controller, as I can see it under "System Devices" on unRaid and under "Device Manager" in Windows.

When starting on Windows it is now initializing, but just before starting is flashed the message, that "Avago MPT ROM, no supported devices found".

I have another HBA card of the same model I could try, to see if it is the specific card that is something wrong with?

Also is there a reason for the commands in the .bat files to not include the ".exe" extension?

BR

Mads

Yea A21 file should be fine then.

Ah ok so it can see the card then... How you connecting your drives? using a SAS to SATA breakout cable? Have you tried all the sata connectors?

I've had cards before where only one sas port and 3 sata connectors worked out of the 4 on that port.

I then flashed A11 on to the A21 card and then 4th connector and the second SAS port worked. Its abit strange.

The environment will automaticly append the .exe for you :-)

• Like 1

Yes, I am using a SAS to SATA breakout cable. I only tried with one SATA connector, before, but now I have tried all four, with both SAS ports. None showed up. I also tried to flash it with A-11, and again tried all combinations of SAS ports and SATA connector, and again nothing showed up. I did these test on Windows 10 only.

Just to make sure, that I'n not missing a step in the guide, here is how I did it:

First I run "1.BAT" and "2.BAT" in DOS.

1.thumb.jpg.5288d27ccc4dc964f77b29047af7e136.jpg

I then run "3.BAT".

2.thumb.jpg.73c7cfd6ec39155ecddd2e2d514c85c5.jpg

Then "4-11.BAT"

3.thumb.jpg.4311efefd12f818bdf864772f2707e70.jpg

Then "5.BAT"

4.thumb.jpg.906fd9466dc47405c7137237cdddfb0f.jpg

I then reboot by pressing "Ctrl-Alt-Delete", and booting from the BIOS, where I chose to boot the USB as UEFI

5.thumb.jpg.6aae13b1762502816f7ac0360b852205.jpg

Inside the UEFI i choose the "fs0", since all other devices are disconnected expect fore som USB-hubs.

6.thumb.jpg.90a41ff95713fcebbb0cf90f7672d44f.jpg

I then run "6.NSH"

7.thumb.jpg.5af4f56e10dec0d749f3cd5338aa09f0.jpg

It fails the adapter reset, but as per the guide, this was to be expected.

Again using "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" I reboot into the UEFI, and run "7.NSH".

8.1.thumb.jpg.488be5e1452981f0d61f5f41121a3fb3.jpg

8.2.thumb.jpg.bca095988ed15d7602c0780e7fabd8c9.jpg

I then program the address, and just use the one you use in your example.

9.thumb.jpg.e48a434490b976f7348f131d3f1ed0b1.jpg

Last I again reboot into DOS, and run "4-11.BAT" a last time.

10.thumb.jpg.1e0e012b833119dab1e9d9f25393e58e.jpg

After this, I just attach my normal boot SSD again, and test each of the SAS + SATA configurations, but to no avail.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I hope that it may help to spot the problem.

BR

Mads

You don't need to do bat-2 everytime as you've now lost the original SBR, which you might of needed normally its not though.

Everything went well... post a photo of the card, want to see if it looked like any of the 11 I had.

The drive you plugging in do you have nother one you can try incase it doesn't like that drive or something.

also try this addressinstead sas2hax -o -sasadd 5000112233445566

Also try this other SBR file https://marcan.st/posts/lsi/sbrfj.bin

You also may want to read throught the original guy's website flashing this card https://marcan.st/2016/05/crossflashing-the-fujitsu-d2607/

He's got a new method of doing it but I've not tried this method as I have no cards I need to flash anymore.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Also make sure the cables are forward breakout, reverse breakout look the same but won't work in this case.

Okay thank you. I just checked the cable I was using at is was reverse breakout, so that is definitely one reason it is not working. I have another cable lying that I think might be "forward breakout", but all I can find is, that it says "crossover". The cabel is: https://www.computersalg.dk/i/2104570/supermicro-ata-sas-kabel-md

BR

Mads

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

You don't need to do bat-2 everytime as you've now lost the original SBR, which you might of needed normally its not though.

Everything went well... post a photo of the card, want to see if it looked like any of the 11 I had.

The drive you plugging in do you have nother one you can try incase it doesn't like that drive or something.

also try this addressinstead sas2hax -o -sasadd 5000112233445566

Also try this other SBR file https://marcan.st/posts/lsi/sbrfj.bin

You also may want to read throught the original guy's website flashing this card https://marcan.st/2016/05/crossflashing-the-fujitsu-d2607/

He's got a new method of doing it but I've not tried this method as I have no cards I need to flash anymore.

I will first make sure I have the right "forward breakout" cable. But here is a picture of the card:

IMG_20200617_155853.thumb.jpg.854f18b901cf79417e8a4ff63e5f7244.jpg