6.3.5 Nightly Crashes

The past two nights unRAID has crashed on me overnight when I'm asleep. When it happens I'm unable to access the webUI in the morning and the attached monitor shows "smbd: no process found" over and over again. It does respond to a ping on the network, but SMB is not accessible. I was able to capture the logs this morning, but had to hard shutdown as the powerdown command took over an hour to no avail.

The only thing that changed recently was that I installed 16gb (2x8gb) more RAM making it a total of 32gb. However, I ran a memtest overnight before using it and found no issues after 1+ passes. I've pulled out the new 16gb for now to see if the server will stay up tonight.

Diagnostics logs attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

server-diagnostics-20170605-0738.zip

Edited by NNate

Hmmm, it looks like it's getting an Out of Memory when the mover runs at 3:40? It's trying to move a large file.

Do I need to tweak some settings since I have a "large" amount of memory now? Is my interpretation of the failure correct?

I'm surprised adding memory could cause problems like this.

Edited by NNate
1 hour ago, NNate said:

Hmmm, it looks like it's getting an Out of Memory when the mover runs at 3:40? It's trying to move a large file.

Do I need to tweak some settings since I have a "large" amount of memory now? Is my interpretation of the failure correct?

I'm surprised adding memory could cause problems like this.

Mover OOM issues should be fixed on v6.4, try it if you're OK with using a beta release.