how2 shutdown unraid from android plus delete a file on unraid usb

Hey, I'm looking to shutdown unraid from my  Android Phone, this can be done in an awkward way using the web browser but I also need to delete a file beforehand.  Of course I could go into a docker say Krusader but this would be even more awkard from a phone..

The steps I want to take in as close to a one click manner as possible:

1) Delete a file called deleteme.txt from the Unraid USB flash drive which I have previously placed on there

2) Shutdown the server

Any ideas? :)

Thanks

6 minutes ago, shimlapinks said:

Hey, I'm looking to shutdown unraid from my  Android Phone, this can be done in an awkward way using the web browser but I also need to delete a file beforehand.  Of course I could go into a docker say Krusader but this would be even more awkard from a phone..

The steps I want to take in as close to a one click manner as possible:

1) Delete a file called deleteme.txt from the Unraid USB flash drive which I have previously placed on there

2) Shutdown the server

Any ideas? :)

Thanks

You can get unRAID itself to delete the file on shutdown using the User Scripts plugin.

You can shutdown unRAID from Android using the ControlR app.

• Upvote 1

fantastic, thank you so much

edit - I have created the file deletion script using the CA User Scripts, is there a way to add this code permanently to the Unraid shutdown/reboot routine or that it would be invoked from the shutdown option within ControlR? I cant see a way to start the CA User Scripts from within ControlR

Thanks again

Edited by shimlapinks
another query
1 hour ago, shimlapinks said:

fantastic, thank you so much

edit - I have created the file deletion script using the CA User Scripts, is there a way to add this code permanently to the Unraid shutdown/reboot routine or that it would be invoked from the shutdown option within ControlR? I cant see a way to start the CA User Scripts from within ControlR

Thanks again

Set the schedule within CA for when to run it as "Array Stop"