[Solved (Sort of)] docker update with similar named containers fails to pull the correct container

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Description:

When you have two container from different repositories, but similar names like calibre & calibre-web and there is an update to calibre-web, clicking update next to the calibre-web container triggers an attempted update to calibre and fails to pull the actual update.

How to reproduce:

Install aptalca/docker-rdp-calibre and chbmb/calibre-web (not yet in CA, although I've created a template and we may release it under ls.io) when there is an update to calibre-web, click the blue icon to update the container.

Expected results:

I would expect chbmb/calibre-web to be updated.

Actual results:

It attempts to pull an upgrade for aptalca/docker-rdp-calibre, for which one doesn't exist, fails to pull the actual update for chbmb/calibre-web and still shows an update available following this.

Other information:

Here's a screenshot illustrating what I mean, after I have clicked the blue "update ready" icon:

py5jOOj.png

@limetech @jonp If you want to test this then pull both those containers and let me know and then I'll trigger an update to calibre-web.

There's nothing in the logs that I can see, both syslog and docker log.

Edited by CHBMB