Folder permission denied

Problem is easy to fix, but the cause is more important.

How were the file(s)/folder(s) you're having trouble with created in the first place?  Are they created by some docker applications?  Are you copying them from a Windows box?

Fix is to install the fix common problems plugin and then run Tools - Docker Safe New Permissions

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
On 6/8/2017 at 10:18 PM, Squid said:

Exactly what I said.  Install the fix common problems plugin from the apps tab then go to tools and run  the docker safe new permissions tool.

If you don't have an apps tab install community applications first

Brilliant! I had the exact same dilemma and this fixed it! Thank you, Squid!

13 minutes ago, levster said:

Brilliant! I had the exact same dilemma and this fixed it! Thank you, Squid!

Depending upon how the file(s) are being written, this may only be a temporary fix.  If a docker container is creating the files / folders, then you're probably going to run into the same issue again.  You need to adjust the folder / file permissions that the docker container sets within its settings to fix this.

For other things like running robocopy from your windows box to a share, the permissions will get trashed everytime (this doesn't affect normal copies to a share - only seems to affect robocopy)

• 3 years later...
On 6/11/2017 at 7:21 AM, Squid said:

Depending upon how the file(s) are being written, this may only be a temporary fix.  If a docker container is creating the files / folders, then you're probably going to run into the same issue again.  You need to adjust the folder / file permissions that the docker container sets within its settings to fix this.

For other things like running robocopy from your windows box to a share, the permissions will get trashed everytime (this doesn't affect normal copies to a share - only seems to affect robocopy)

how would i go about this with docer containers 

• 6 months later...
On 6/8/2017 at 10:18 PM, Squid said:

Exactly what I said.  Install the fix common problems plugin from the apps tab then go to tools and run  the docker safe new permissions tool.

If you don't have an apps tab install community applications first

Thank you so much, it fixed my permission problems!