[SOLVED] Quite a bit of mayhem!

I'm on latest stable release.

All of a sudden the server went down. Tried to boot it, no luck.

Removed the flash, did a check disk from a windows pc, it gave a message that said windows couldnt fix the errors on the drive.

Copied the contents to a folder on my comp, formatted the flash disk and re copied my unraid flash contents to the flash, it gave a message saying I needed to buy a new key! Flash GUID changed, I'm guessing. (I have way too many unraid machines and haven't documented the older builds properly to absolutely confirm this)

So I took a brand new USB, did a key replacement and booted from that. But this time the disks all went un assigned and I had to re assign them myself. Thus needless to say I am starting with an unprotected array and letting parity rebuild itself again.

Now when I go to my docker, the images all have a "?" on them. When I click on them the options are incomplete, for instance it does not give the options 'Web UI' and 'Edit' for instance. My config folders for all the containers reside on the cache disk share 'appdata' btw.

I thought I could try to fix this by removing the images and then re adding them, but to my surprise, when I go to add container, the user defined templates have vanished and the default templates show a partial list - just 2 of them. 

However if I manually open the web UI of the dockers, I can access them and they are working as desired (based on my preliminary testing: for instance I can access Plex media server from the app and play music from Logitecch media server etc)

I am flummoxed as to what I need to do in order to restore my docker back to its original state! I have never been faced with a situation like this before.

If it helps, I do have the flash and cache disk backup plugin. But there's no saying if those backups themselves are of the current configurations which to my limited understanding seem to be corrupt.

Edited by extremeaudio
6 minutes ago, extremeaudio said:

Now when I go to my docker, the images all have a "?" on them. When I click on them the options are incomplete, for instance it does not give the options 'Web UI' and 'Edit' for instance.

I thought I could try to fix this by removing the images and then re adding them,

You need to delete the docker.img (settings - docker) and recreate it.  But, this may not be necessary.  Probably my second comment will be enough.

when I go to add container, the user defined templates have vanished and the default templates show a partial list - just 2 of them. 

I do have the flash and cache disk backup plugin. But there's no saying if those backups themselves are of the current configurations which to my limited understanding seem to be corrupt.

From the USB backup, copy the files within /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user onto the same directory on the flash drive.  

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, extremeaudio said:

default templates show a partial list - just 2 of them.

Default template on a new install is just 2 containers - Plex and Sync from LT's repository.  Most people don't worry about repositories anymore and do everything via the Apps tab (Community Applications Plugin)

Wow, that worked! Whatever happened razed the contents of my flash disk. Quite a bunch of stuff from the 'config' folder was missing. Copied it over from the backup and everything seems normal! I simply can't believe my luck, I am using this server for, I think, 5-6 years now and just last month I set up the flash disk backup plugin :) 

• extremeaudio changed the title to [SOLVED] Quite a bit of mayhem!