Mouse lag

I have set up a win7 virtual machine and its letting me try to install windows, the reason I am doing this remotley and so i don't have to get someone to switch on a PC in the house and start a teamviewer so I can be local and sort things as if I were there. All seems to be fine except the lag I get in the window using my mouse or keys in the window, what do I need to do to make this more responsive.?

After the initial setup, enable Remote Desktop (if your version of Win7 on both the VM and what you're connecting from allow it).  It is by far the best way to remotely control a windows VM.  Only use TeamViewer for when you're not on the same network (connecting from work).  

BTW, what's stopping you from installing TeamViewer on the VM itself?

Basically I need to be at the location to do certain things so if don't have someone to switch on a PC in the house to let me team view I was thinking if I get a VM up and running I don't need anyone to do team viewer.

The situation so far, I downloaded a win7 iso and setup the VM, from my remote location on laptop within a window I can see windows installing but I can't move on because of the mouse lag, its pretty much unusable so thus far the windows installation on VM is not up and running yet.

My understanding of this if I am correct, I am trying to have windows running on my server, so its as if I am sat next to server locally, circumventing the need to have anyone else do anything for me.

Edited by loady
17 hours ago, Squid said:

Wow.  Guess when you're paying top dollar for a laptop certain things have to get chopped from the specs to meet the price point...

Lol; but seriously... there are many causes for mouse lag with VNC.

If I connect with the novnc browser based default client, even when the host is right next to me, I am not able to navigate due to the extreme mouse lag.

In my case I had to go through several different VNC clients before I found Chicken of the VNC worked, mostly. Once I used the native desktop tool also all problems disappeared.

VNC through the hypervisor with windows or Linux guest seems a bit buggy at best...

Better to to use it as a fall back and test more than one VNC client.

On 2017-6-9 at 4:36 PM, slushieken said:

Lol; but seriously... there are many causes for mouse lag with VNC.

If I connect with the novnc browser based default client, even when the host is right next to me, I am not able to navigate due to the extreme mouse lag.

In my case I had to go through several different VNC clients before I found Chicken of the VNC worked, mostly. Once I used the native desktop tool also all problems disappeared.

VNC through the hypervisor with windows or Linux guest seems a bit buggy at best...

Better to to use it as a fall back and test more than one VNC client.

Couldnt see other VNC clients, do i need to add them?

anyway, i connected via a wired pc and can naviagate ok-ish now, i cant understand why i am still not emulating being local ?

Basically i need to set PLEX to enable remote access, you have to do this locally, you cant do it from outside the network so i thought that if i set up a VM this would be as if i was local, i access the server using VPN running on my router but i still couldnt change this setting, so i then installed teamviewer onto VM and still its not seeing me as if i was local. The only way i can do it is to ring the house, get my son to switch on a pc in the house attached to network which is running teamviewer and do it via that, that way it lets me in, is there something i can do or is it just not possible ?

On 2017-6-9 at 4:36 PM, slushieken said: